Next Thread
Print Thread
V
Vardis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
Here are a few minor things I've come across. I may have repeated one or two things I'd posted on the steam forums, but I hopefully removed anything already posted here.

Hearing value not calculating from base + perception. I haven't tested to see what it's actually using as the value, but regardless if that's also wrong, the displayed value doesn't match what the tooltip shows.

Fish thief conversation - AI personalities not working at times. I've had characters always agreeing when they shouldn't. Reload sometimes fixes. I ended up just restarting w/o AI.

Burning ship scene triggers too early. When talking with guy who opens gate, it will trigger and no one will be around when you enter the area. Not an issue if you know it's there, but perhaps should be delayed until you move through the gate? I'm using 2560x1600 resolution, if it's at all relevant. If you trigger it by going to the chest outside the gate, you can at least hear them saying what's going on though.

Roaming guard dialogue isn't timed properly. "Cyseal is nice when it's quiet." "Quiet? A councillor was murdered!" The 2nd guy starts speaking over the first one, which people sometimes do, but not when reacting to a word (quiet) that hasn't been said yet. wink

You can trade and steal from the dogs outside the beekeeper's house.

You can trade with Deiter(? the guy who stole the staff) during the dialogue where he is about to turn hostile. Perhaps auto-disable all trading with hostile flagged characters? He is flagged at that point. He also will initiate that conversation with an invisible character he can't see...

A chest by the lighthouse has an incorrect description mentioning "crate". It's the one along the edge of the cliff, that you get to after dealing with the guardians there.

When exiting the graveyard from underneath, the entrance might not be dug up yet. Perhaps the game should either remove it, or say the exit is blocked from the underneath area (IMO).

Character banter is sometimes not spoken. Leaving hall of heroes for the first time, 2nd character audibly responds to something the first character doesn't say (but I see it in the log). That happens for me every time I've hit that spot.

I think the spell description of heals should be adjusted. Saying "Heals X over Y" typically means X total over Y turns. Perhaps use "Heals X for Y turns". Or if it's 11 for 3 turns, you can say 33 over 3 turns.

Lucky charm effect is not showing in breakdown of offense rating value. Other stuff does a very nice job of explaining where the number comes from (unusually so, and it's nice to see that).

You can sometimes grab things that shouldn't be grabbed. I once somehow latched on to the tapestry of time, and it looked like it was going to allow me to place it in a different spot. I was holding a chest at the time, dragged it to the edge of the screen while moving around, and it somehow dropped that and latched on to the tapestry.

Map reveals are sometimes messed up. I moved to the NE area in the start by the dead guy, and a chunk of the map all the way to Cyseal East Waypoint Portal was revealed.

Burial chest in tutorial dungeon with the key under the vase has a weight of 1. (side note, are keys under things like that supposed to show up when using ALT?)

All containers can be put in other containers. I can put a vase inside a vase inside a vase, etc. If you don't want to restrict this on a case by case basis, perhaps make it so that a container can't be put in another container that has the same weight or less? Alternate suggestion - mark some containers as being allowed to be put in other containers, and those containers so marked can't hold other containers.

Tutorial dungeon - one sequence with the two buried mummies has one character seemingly talking to himself. "Fool! You've made a mess of an ancient tomb" "It was my arthrithis" etc. The 2nd sentence should sound like it's coming from the other mummy. All three in the sequence have the sound coming from just one of them (the other sequence(s) are fine).

Sometimes, the sneak AP cost is incorrect. I've seen it show 0 AP for a stealthed character who had the stealth removed by being discovered at the start of a fight. It was correct on future turns and for other characters.

enthusiast
enthusiast
> (side note, are keys under things like that supposed to show up when using ALT?)

I think so. It depends on your perception. Only if your perception is high enough will "ALT" show it. It required PER is prabably very low in the tutorial dungeon.

V
Vardis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
Good point. It is the tutorial dungeon after all, and they at least in that case want to make players aware that stuff might be hidden like that.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard