Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
"Enthousiast", "Ganen" and "Stabbey" have created a Complete Guide to Dragon Commander for the community. Big thanks from the team at larian for your efforts! claphands

So if you are having trouble beating or understanding the game, head on over to http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169138319

addict
addict
I'd pin this thread.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by EinTroll
I'd pin this thread.

I would too!
And I did!

E
stranger
stranger
E
luckely the game was really great, better then i expected, so making the guide was a lot of fun!

Im so proud that you guys decided to put our guide on the forum and stuff I hope everyone will enjoy reading trough it and get a lot of help from the guide.

If anyone has something they miss or want something included, im always available, we are still working on some rought edges! smile

tonight's the night. and it's going to happen again and again. it has to happen.
-Dexter
Great job guy's.

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
veteran
veteran
Thanks for the sticky, Larian. If you want, you could help too, by giving exact numbers for the different Dragon's base damage. All I've got is an estimate.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Good stuff, I particularly appreciate you've done the work in calculating the damage and health of the dragon types. There are a few areas I think the guide could do with expanding to deal with.

1) How to deal with Warlocks.

You made an excellent response to a post detailing this and I think some of that should make it into the guide. I know I found Warlocks a massive pain to deal with and never went into battle without Cleansing Wave. In fact I'd still always researching it early on and keeping it as a permanent fixture on my skill bar.

2) How to deal with Troopers capturing bases.

These guys an be evil as hell and I haven't quite worked out an efficient way of keeping my bases protected. Turrets are counter productive and it's difficult to keep all routes, land and sea effectively guarded.

3) How to dig out an entrenched enemy

Sometimes maps will be thrown up where the AI can take several recruitment centers and guard them all through one choke point. This doesn't happen all too often so is probably a lower priority but would still be useful.

I'd just like to restate though this is a great resource and I'm sure it will prove really useful to a lot of people.

enthusiast
enthusiast
nice job smile

R
RtM Offline
R
I just bought this game so plan on using this A LOT.

veteran
veteran
I really should get around to finish up the section on the race's faction cards. I still ahve the elf and Dwarf factions to do.

B
stranger
stranger
B
A very thorough and well written tutorial!

For dragon builds I'd add a Harass/Hit&Run build with main purpose to get behind enemy lines cloaked (where Shamans, Warlocks and Devastators are most likely deployed) unleash AOE spells (Eye of the Patriarch, Pillar of Flame, Crippling Roar) or direct spells (Sabotage, Charm) and retreat with Bastion casted and Salvation in hand.
Sabre Dragon is a best base for this build as he has Soar (but this skill costs 5 research point so you can get it quickly) and Sabotage researched. Having a good balance between endurance and damage output which is `built` into Sabre... specie (?) also helps.

Tested only in three-act campaign with the aim to hit at 2-3 places simultaneously. Had a lot of fun with that dragon, but I think that an aware player with Support Dragon should be able to have his army pre-spreaded before engagement and be able to nullify effects with Restorations and Cleansing Charge. The edge lies in surprise and fighting in different places at once.

veteran
veteran
Nice Complete Guide !! claphands

When I ever dare to play Dragon Commander ... this Guide come in handy for sure !

Question (and I don't know where on the forum board I can ask this) :
is it possible to play DC on a laptop, knowing my laptop can handle D:OS smootly ?

Thanks in beforehand !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Support
Support

The graphics in the RTS portions of DC are a little more graphically demanding that D:OS, but it is mostly the same game engine. If you have dual graphics, make sure the game is set to run on the discrete graphics (nvidia or AMD) rather than integrated (Intel).

veteran
veteran
Thanks Raze !

I start to become curious about DC, especially because of the dialogs, hope they're very funny, isn't that so ?
But DC is RTS only ? Or also a part of the game with Turn Based Combat like I DOS ?

I must admit that I really start loving the TBC in DOS and DOS is so fantastic that I can't stop think about it ....... aaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllll the timmmmmmmmmmmmme ..... !
laugh

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Support
Support

Yes, some dialogue is funny.

There are 2 or 3 phases to the game:

In single player there is a section on your base ship where you can switch to different rooms and talk to NPCs (generals, councillors, a princess and an engineer) and make political decisions (or skip that and let the majority decide).

The world map is turn based, and is where you produce and move units around, build structures that give certain bonuses, play cards to give bonuses to your countries or penalties to an opponent, etc. After you make your moves, the map shows the results and gives an overview of where combat will occur, if applicable. Combat can be auto-resolved, or handled in RTS. The default is to allow only one RTS combat per turn (the rest being auto-resolved), but in multi-player or a custom single player campaign that can be changed in the advanced options (the other settings being always or never).

The RTS sections are of course real time combat. There are 4 difficulty levels and the advanced options allow you to change the combat dynamics (make strategy map units more important by increasing the build cost during RTS, etc). There are 5 speed settings you can switch between during combat with the numpad + and - keys.
If you wanted to you could skip the RTS portions entirely, though the dragon can allow you to win battles that you would probably loose if auto-resolved (on the easiest 2 difficulty levels, the dragon should let you win regardless of the odds, as long as you can spawn before being overwhelmed, which is pretty much guaranteed on the easiest setting).

veteran
veteran
Sounds very nice laugh !

Thanks for the info !

A
stranger
stranger
A
How do you set dragon skills? My hotbar's full, but I have much, much better skills I bought that I can't use. Tried every key on every screen. :-/

Edit: Answered by Raze (at the battle menu just before a battle starts)

Last edited by AwfulArchdemon; 03/10/16 07:59 PM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard