Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
The final fights in the high level areas are boring as hell. Too dense, they take such a long time that you feel the game comes to a halt every time you fight and there are so many enemies in every fight I got asbolutely frustrated waiting each turn for them to finish their damn tunrs. It felt as I was in a bank queue or something.

The previous parts of the game are so well paced, the battles are less dense and they feel important and not too tedious (even at the beggining that they are the most difficult in game) and there is a kind of break between them that other RP stuff happen. Phantom Forest on the other hand is difficult battle, after difficult battle that 60% of the time it feels that you wait for the enemies to finish their turn. You progress so slowly it completely takes the fun out of the fights. Unless of course you use an OP party (like glass cannon choices which basically break the game) that make the whole proccess meaningless towards the other side of the spectum.

Also who the hell thought to give Cassandra 600HP heal every damn turn? It felt such a cheating way to make the fight longer. It was like killing her 3 times or sth. It was at that point I realised I was playing the game just out of a sense of completionism and not really having fun any more. I am glad I backed this game and it gave me amazingly long fun hours to make it moneyï½´s worth. But it is really dissapointing it became such a chore at the end that I cannot even force myself to play the last part even though I spent 100+ hour on it already.

Please for the next game take the design of the end game a bit more serious than just increasing the density of the fights and ista-death moves for enemies. It really leaves a bad after taste.

T
TGM Offline
apprentice
apprentice
T
Just w8 for rebalance patch. If i don't misstake, it will be at end of 14 year.

Last edited by TGM; 22/11/14 08:44 AM.
T
TGM Offline
apprentice
apprentice
T
P.S. Did you burn her "bones" in the cave?

Last edited by TGM; 22/11/14 08:31 AM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Yeah i did...She is invurnerable otherwise....

T
TGM Offline
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Turin231
Yeah i did...She is invurnerable otherwise....

That's wierd... coz i killd her just like little roach

stranger
stranger
The final fights in the high level areas are boring as hell. Too dense, they take such a long time that you feel the game comes to a halt every time you fight and there are so many enemies in every fight I got asbolutely frustrated waiting each turn for them to finish their damn tunrs. It felt as I was in a bank queue or something.

Strange. Are you _sure_ that you have enough spells and equipment?

Because in my opinion everything in Phantom Forest, up to the very last battle, is too easy. It was frustrating with the forest guardians - because their venomous blood heals them right away - but fire and spells cured this issue. Otherwise... easy. Swamp groups died in 3-4 turns, and sometimes wasn't able to make even one move, thanks to electricity.

But my 4-men group was L20 around this parts.
Also who the hell thought to give Cassandra 600HP heal every damn turn? It felt such a cheating way to make the fight longer. It was like killing her 3 times or sth.

Oh? I killed her quite fast (unlike mentioned forest guards) - I wondering how you got this effect... Maybe it's the same regen from blood/vampirism? I have no idea.

Last edited by SmilingSpectre; 23/11/14 09:00 AM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Yeah i am lvl 20 and have high lvl equipment. There are certain choice (blood/vampirism with other stuff) that basically break the game making too easy. I am trying to stay away from those mostly because I like to play it straight and prefer different play style.

Again you misunderstand me. I am not saying I wipe or anything. But the whole proccess is so repeating that is gets really boring and everything moves so slowely its gets frustrating (unless tou get a combo of skills that make it a breeze making it boring from the other side of the spectum)..

And it is frustrating mostly becuase the rest of the game is much better balanced on this respect. Difficult still but not so desnly diffcult that it feel too slow.

Last edited by Turin231; 23/11/14 10:39 AM.
stranger
stranger
And it is frustrating mostly becuase the rest of the game is much better balanced on this respect. Difficult still but not so desnly diffcult that it feel too slow.

Actually, I answered exactly that complain. For me it wasn't difficult, or even slow. In all game I was forced to grind only at:

- Guardian (Frost realm, I am not exactly sure that it's right name);
- Boreas himself (but issue was cured when I gave up and returned 2 levels later);
- Forest guards (with stupidly high curing from their own blood) - I was forced to resort to magic and fire elementals, because everything else only cured them instead harming;
- Chaos himself. He simply too tough.

Everyone else was quite appropriate for me - and sometimes even too easy. My setup is:
- One tank character with the Big Axe;
- One backstabber with touch of summoning/dispel;
- One archer/mage;
- One healer/mage.

*shrugs* Seems, I was lucky. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard