Still not working.

still not working, bumped it for you Wizzleteats since you missed this one :P

Insanity Is Just A Matter Of Opinion
W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Thanks buddy! I figured one (or two-sih?) in the tech section and one on the main section would suffice.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I still can't believe this is even an issue. (!?)

How is it even possible?

Not sure, as the numeric value passed to a program is completely different when num lock is on... It'd have to be programmed into the program itself to change the value that was read in. I've seen programs ignore values (sorry can't use that key) but not alter them before setting them... I made keystroke capture programs that told me the numeric values of key I pressed (so I would know what number to compare on GUI I was making and for testing output) I didn't have to tell it to look for whether the numpad was on or not, windows sent a different value. Could be different in their language but...

Insanity Is Just A Matter Of Opinion
W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
The Oct 30 patch fixes the arrow keys for the Mac but the numpad for the PC is still not functioning properly. Why not?

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
bump

Support
Support

The entire input system for the game is being rewritten.

Bumping topics after each patch didn't help. Bumping topics between patches to say that it still wasn't fixed didn't help. Bumping multiple topics repeatedly is not going to help.

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Calmly explaining my situation and asking for a fix didn't seem to help. My request for a refund was refused. Sitting by quietly waiting for a fix hasn't helped. Might as well try the squeaky wheel approach.

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Still here and still hoping for a fix.

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Still waiting.

J
stranger
stranger
J
From a previous poster who mentioned G-Hotkey doesn't really work in this game, that's not entirely true or accurate. I'm the author of G-Hotkey and I was able to use G-Hotkey to do the following in the game:

- Remap the numeric keypad keys 8, 4, 5, 6 to move the camera as appropriate.
- Remap a key to the Show World Tooltips, so it remains held down in the game.
- Remap a key so the left mouse button is held down, so your characters follow the on screen pointer, without you having to constantly hold down the left mouse button.

Of course you can't use the number keys 4, 8, 5, 6 for the skillbar in the game still since the numeric keypad keys are directly mapped/hardcoded to these number keys as well, but you can use multiple (I believe up to 5) skillbars (r and f keys). I can make do for now with this issue.

Anyway, for what it's worth, if you are interested in the functionality above in the game, I provided further details in the below postings:

http://ghotkey.yuku.com/forums/69#.VH6bicmBQ4w (click on the Divinity Original Sin (Full Description) link)
....or
http://ghotkey.yuku.com/topic/71#.VH6bfsmBQ4w

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Thanks for posting that. It's worth a try but it still doesn't address the issues I raised earlier in that it makes the default hotbar unusable and the contextual prompts in-game still direct you to incorrect key presses.

Why they refuse to fix this is beyond me but I will not buy any future games from Larian and I will encourage others to avoid giving them business as well.

Support
Support

How exactly does rewriting the input system for the game equal refuse to fix?

J
stranger
stranger
J
Sorry all for my previous post if I didn't explain it clearly. The solution I mention with G-Hotkey was not meant as a fix, just a work around until Larian rewrites the input system. You can of course still use the skillbars with the other number keys, just not 8, 4, 5, and 6 (assuming you remap the numeric keypad numbers to move the camera).

Anyway, I hope all still give credit to Larian for making a great game and this really should not be a show stopper for anyone interested in buying the game.

BTW: It may seem easy, but creating input systems that work well is actually really hard. This is why you see other games come out that don't let your remap certain keys in the game sometimes. Just because the problem might seem simple, doesn't necessarily make it so ;-).

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Originally Posted by Raze

How exactly does rewriting the input system for the game equal refuse to fix?

So when's the rewrite supposedly coming out then?

Support
Support

AFAIK there hasn't been an ETA given.

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Any update?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard