Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#559470 04/12/14 04:05 AM
Gordyne Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Is there any tutorial about camera controls? I've searched the forums to no avail.

I'm trying to find a way to make the game camera behave in the same way it does on the actual game,

It's too far now and if I zoom in it becomes slow an tilts up a bit.

It's like 1x farther than normal and doesn't adap to the terrain level.

Gordyne #559471 04/12/14 04:09 AM
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
In the editor or in the actual game? The camera behaves kinda funny in the editor test mode sometimes, but once in game all is normal for me.

Last edited by Burgee; 04/12/14 04:09 AM.
Gordyne #559494 04/12/14 06:18 PM
He's talking about the 3D Glasses icon (Switch Camera) next to the Smiley Face (Switch Game/Editor).

From what I understand, the Editor Camera allows you to pivot 360 and examine your area from all angles. The Game Camera will re-orient you to an angle that the player can see. So far I had no luck maneuvering around the area using Game Camera. I think it's more to help you add "secret" switches and stuff. If you double click a character or object in-game or on your list of characters/objects then you can zoom into them, activate the Game Camera and zoom in for a better look. This is probably the easiest way to get a realistic terrain-level angle using that cam. You can turn the camera slightly by holding down the middle mouse wheel then moving the mouse left and right.

However, so far it seems like the best way to explore your area is to use the Switch Game/Editor smiley icon to the left.

Last edited by JecklynHyde; 04/12/14 06:25 PM. Reason: added more info
Gordyne #559495 04/12/14 06:19 PM
Gordyne Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Nevermind, I just had to add and generate the AI grid so that the camera would collide and adapt to terrain height.

Link Copied to Clipboard