Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#560361 26/12/14 12:13 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I've been anticipating the sequel of DKS and the demise of Damien (hopefully he won't get away on a 3rd time). Thing is, how can Dragon Flight be done in the D:OS game? Or will the conclusion of this be done using the Dragon Commander game engine?

Honestly, I'd like to see a conclusion of the Divinity saga and move on to a whole new story line.

Or are we going to have a reboot of the franchise? I would still like to see a remake of Sword of Lies (and have it called Sword of Lies) with the D:OS engine.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

For now all we know is that there will be a Divinity 3 to finish off the story of the Divine One and Damian, but not when. Dragon Commander is using the same engine as D:OS.

T
TGM Offline
apprentice
apprentice
T
I want to believe that game will be with Co-op and more detailed.

veteran
veteran
I'm not so keen on all future Larian games being co-op ready. Co-op creates a number of design challenges and restrictions, and those limit what you can do with the story. You have to take into account a lot of stuff, including players splitting up.

There is also the balance between freedom and motivation to take into account. Those are opposing forces in games.

Co-op is something not to be taken lightly in game design. It's not something you add just to put a bullet point on the box. It's not something you add merely because another game had it. There has to be a reason for co-op.

Link Copied to Clipboard