4verse Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
map of rivellon as of divine divinity:

[Linked Image]

seen on Youtube "Larian: Year in Review - Extended Edition":

[Linked Image]

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
journeyman
journeyman
From the same video, I think you can also make out the words "What can you tell me about Aleroth?" in the dialogue.
[Linked Image]

Also, I think the character's name is Seth, who apparently was guarding Aleroth in DivDiv (yeah, I had to google that one :P). It matches what he is saying ("Welcome to our military base! Haha... just some army humour." "Why does a border town need an army base?")

So maybe they're doing a remake of DivDiv in the new engine? That would be pretty sweet, and hopefully it won't have a crappy endgame this time laugh

Last edited by Cattletech; 28/12/14 09:43 PM.
veteran
veteran
That would be cool, but I don't know how well co-op would work with Divine Divinity. I would not mind at all if the alleged remake was a single-player only game.

Support
Support

Seth also made an appearance in Divinity 2. The DD map implies the game world includes areas that were also in that part of Rivellon, though (in Divinity 2 there was pretty much just Aleroth in common).

old hand
old hand
You can walk around the Aleroth level in the editor, called "Aleroth_Div1." Pretty sure that hasn't been there for very long. There's no NPCs or anything, but it's a pretty cool looking town.

Last edited by Baardvark; 29/12/14 02:08 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well done 4verse! I knew that Aleroth level in Divinity Engine Toolkit is not coincidence....

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
4verse Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
VERY cool!

@Cattletech : well observed!

if Larian really re-makes DivDiv, "it's gonna be awesome!" grin

Last edited by 4verse; 01/01/15 12:31 PM.

4verse Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Baardvark
You can walk around the Aleroth level in the editor, called "Aleroth_Div1." Pretty sure that hasn't been there for very long. There's no NPCs or anything, but it's a pretty cool looking town.

didnt they show (or at least tell) in some kickstarter video that they remade aleroth just to show the power of the editor? and i do not mean the video in which they remade the butcher level of diablo1.

4verse Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Raze

Seth also made an appearance in Divinity 2. The DD map implies the game world includes areas that were also in that part of Rivellon, though (in Divinity 2 there was pretty much just Aleroth in common).

so, you are talking about a remake of div2?
hm, to be honest, that would be rather disappointing. i like (rather: love) div1 WAY more! it has such a "classical" feeling; maybe b/c there are so many good nostalgic feelings bound to div1 in my case.

if they really remake div1, 2015 is pretty much over for me game-wise, b/c i will play it up and down and up and down and up and ... grin

Last edited by 4verse; 01/01/15 06:46 PM.

veteran
veteran
Don't be absurd.

The screenshot shows a conversation with Divinity 1 Seth. His appearance in Divinity 2 had basically nothing to do at all with anything from Divinity 1 at all. Like so many things in Larian games, it's just a "hey look at that name" reference with little actual relation to the the thing its referencing.

I don't think a remake of Divinity 2 in the D:OS style would work at all.

Support
Support

No, the camera and combat system wouldn't very well for the dragon form. I was just pointing out that the character was still around in the gameword up until Divinity 2 (plus he was presumably a soldier for some time before Divine Divinity).

journeyman
journeyman
Yes, it's also very possible that it's set after or before DivDiv. I guess it's more likely too, even though the scenario is very reminiscent of Divdiv.

apprentice
apprentice
Remake of DivDiv would be awesome, but not on DOS engine. It's simply too colorful and bright for me, considering how dark original game was. I'd love to see DivDiv redone on its original engine with extra quests, areas and so on. I know it's unlikely though wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
I wouldn't buy a remake of a story I already know... all that'd do is make me want to replay the original, which had (imo) a far better looking engine. This dreamy painterly dark look was nice... and Divinity itself even today still looks pretty and plays well. No point to remake that.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
I'd buy this if it has coop in a heart beat.

Link Copied to Clipboard