Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A few questions:

1. Do you create an area for the character customization to take place? DOS uses the interior of a temple but I could have mine on a ship?

2. Do you place Player 1 and Player 2 using triggers or just leave them in the general area?

3. How do you make those camera functions work? I found the camera trigger but I wasn't sure what to do with it then. How do you make sure your game doesn't get stuck in that camera angle?

4. What level so your characters start out as after character customization ends?

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by JecklynHyde
A few questions:

1. Do you create an area for the character customization to take place? DOS uses the interior of a temple but I could have mine on a ship?

2. Do you place Player 1 and Player 2 using triggers or just leave them in the general area?

3. How do you make those camera functions work? I found the camera trigger but I wasn't sure what to do with it then. How do you make sure your game doesn't get stuck in that camera angle?

4. What level so your characters start out as after character customization ends?

1.) Yes, you can create any area you like

2.)Player1 spawns at the Startpoint trigger you place, player2 you place manually I believe.

3.) Just naming the camera properly makes it work. No scripting necessary outside of character creation scripts.

4.) They start at level 1 most likely, but you can add scripts to give further levels or stats if you want.

Do you need to script Player 1 to move to the Startpoint trigger or is that hard coded into the game?

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Hard coded assuming character creation is the very first thing that happens in your game.

Last edited by Burgee; 14/01/15 05:17 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
If you have the code under KB, what do you put in INIT. I can guess you have to define Character_Player1 and 2. How do you do that?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard