Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Zub Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
I've run into a rather odd bug. I searched through the tech issues forums (I admit, only 2/3rds through the tech forums.)

**possible spoilers warning**

(I should note, I bought the Divinity 2 Developer's Cut on Steam, however I am not running it in developer mode.)

The game has been playing smooth and fine, UNTIL I got the dragon stone at the battle tower. Sweeping through the ballista and nest towers, after Damiens little fit; I wiped out all possible towers/enemies/targets. Once I had done so, not a single thing happened. I was just stuck in dragon form flying above the Island, with no way to form back to human, and zero notifications of quest completion.

I checked my system specs, the game requirements; those are fine and dandy. Also, the game is up-to-date. If there is a fix or work-around for this strange bug, please let me know.

Other than that one bug, it has been a great game IMO.

Support
Support

I'm sure this happened to someone else years ago, but couldn't find the topic (too many similar terms in help topics)...

Do you have a save before defeating Laiken that you can reload and redo (and hope the first time was just a glitch)?

Did you try saving, loading the game in the Developer Mode version and teleporting to the battle tower throne room? There should be a cutscene conversation with Sassan in the throne room upon your return, which may or may not happen if you use the Developer Mode to get back. The return to the battle tower is also when the game lets you start using the dragon stone and dragon morph stone. The dragon stone you can try right away to go to one of the platforms; the dragon morph stone can be tested if you head to the teleporter shrine (take the elevator platform behind the throne) and going to the fjords (or back outside on Sentinel Island). Right clicking on something in your inventory should also give you the option to send it to the battle tower chest, in addition to using or destroying it.

Email support@larian.com; with your save they may be able to fix the problem. Even if the Developer Mode (if you try it) lets you continue normally, you may want to double check if not having the return to the battle tower triggered normally could cause problems later.

Z
Zub Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
I will try your suggestions as soon as I return home today. Thank you for the thurough reply. smile Right now I have an appointment to attend, so I must get going. (Almost overslept lol) Will post as soon as I try these workarounds.

Z
Zub Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Problem solved! I used Dev. Mode, returned to the BT, and everything is fine now. Thank you for the help laugh

Support
Support

Glad it was an easy fix, and a belated welcome to the forum. wave

W
stranger
stranger
W
Hi guys,

I'm glad I found this topic because I've been experiencing the same problem. I've now tried the suggestion above, but can't use the dragon stone to teleport to the Battle Tower neither in normal mode nor in developer mode.
I think it's related to a possible third Nest tower that I've yet to destroy. However, this Nest Tower appears only as a quest marker on the map; I can't find it anywhere.

Is there some console command I can use?
Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by Wijcher; 16/01/15 10:13 PM.
Support
Support

In the Developer Mode, after you use F11 to bring up the cheat window there is a 'goto Region' button with a dropdown list of areas. Try teleporting to the 001_BattleTower_Beach BTI_Interior_TrophyRoom location, and then if needed, try the dragon stone (hotkey U), or goto (x= -25, y= 0, z= 2). Also, you could probably use gotocharacter with Sassan.

W
stranger
stranger
W
That worked splendidly! Thank you!
Still though, I think I'm stuck plotwise.
I read there's supposed to be a cutscene with Damian destroying Broken Valley, and since I haven't destroyed that non-existent Nest Tower, for the game I am not yet done.
I saw there was a button for game logic commands on the cheat menu.
Do you think there is some way I could say I killed all the tower island things coming for battle tower directly which hopefully would prompt the Damian cutscene?

Meanwhile, thanks for the help so far!

Support
Support

There is a cutscene with Damian, and a conversation with Zandalor, where he asks you to come to Aleroth to help him (which there is no rush to do, though there are a couple traders there). The cutscene video can be watched in Windows, though (..\Divinity II - Developers Cut\Data\Video\Story\BV_Destruction.wmv) and the quest in Aleroth would probably work without the conversation.

The main issue is with the dragon stone being enabled and getting the dragon morph stone. If that doesn't work, email supportdks@larian.com, with your save outside the battle tower, or before leaving the throne room to get the dragon stone.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard