Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by john carmack
Any news? When will the patch leave the BETA Status?

I have the GOG Version.

What about a new big Patch in the next weeks?

Also a follow-up Larian what are next week's lottery numbers?

Those questions are not really possible to answer. Not only do they have to decide what goes into a patch, they also have to finish the patch, and then do a lot of testing to make sure it doesn't break the game. There's no point in them giving an answer because it is sheer guesswork. Any delays and then the answer they gave is wrong and then people get mad at them for not being able to predict the future.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
So in addition to all the other minor bugs I have run into the Co-Op killing bug where the second player doesn't have any stats. After eventually finding out this is a bug that has been around for a long time there is no solution suggested that has worked. Is this issue fixed in the next patch? If so will it work retroactively or is this game now dead in the water. It has turned a 'great game' into a game my co-op partner won't play if it can reasonably happen again. And no, I bought the game on GoG, which apparently nets me poorer service because that's the way Larian works.

Last edited by zenblack; 10/01/15 09:16 PM.
Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

AFAIK Larian has not been able to find a reliable way to reproduce this issue, and there is no fix yet. I fail to see how GOG not having any support for betas has anything to do with Larian.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Originally Posted by zenblack
So in addition to all the other minor bugs I have run into the Co-Op killing bug where the second player doesn't have any stats. After eventually finding out this is a bug that has been around for a long time there is no solution suggested that has worked. Is this issue fixed in the next patch? If so will it work retroactively or is this game now dead in the water. It has turned a 'great game' into a game my co-op partner won't play if it can reasonably happen again. And no, I bought the game on GoG, which apparently nets me poorer service because that's the way Larian works.

Do you mean when in Co-Op a player has 5 of each stats sometimes?

I'd hardly call that Co-Op killing bug, as it's only a visual/UI bug. You can just do a quicksave and then reload (multiple times if you have to, though).

Your stats are still actually there, your equipment is on as well and your Co-op mate can still see everything just fine.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Do you mean when in Co-Op a player has 5 of each stats sometimes?

I'd hardly call that Co-Op killing bug, as it's only a visual/UI bug. You can just do a quicksave and then reload (multiple times if you have to, though).

Your stats are still actually there, your equipment is on as well and your Co-op mate can still see everything just fine.

Nope. The one where they are all 5 and it isn't just visual, you lose all talents. If you unequip an item and attempt to equip it back and it has a requirement it won't let you. No it doesn't reset on a reloaded game, alternate saved games, roaming around and reloading areas or paitently playing through an encounter with a gimped character. Having my coop partner load the game as the host and me as his character, then back didn't work either. You are just stuck with it, please try again.

Last edited by zenblack; 11/01/15 06:54 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Yes, you can't re-equip the item, because it thinks you don't have enough stats.

But it's only visual, at least in my case. Sometimes I had to reload 2-3 times to make it work, other times it was perfectly fine until I reloaded.

Basically your items above 5 of the required stats will show as greyed out, but in fact they're still equipped. For example, if you have a warrior that gets this bug, you'll see as if you were attacking an opponent with your fists, but you're doing full damage of your weapon - with all your stats.
It also messes up your skillbar and Action Points bar too, so it'll appear you can still attack with 2 AP left, while wearing a 2-hander (and you'll hit them with your fists, but in reality on the host's screen you're not doing anything, unless you have at least 4 AP).

I assume it has something to do with the invited person, haven't seen it happen on host yet. Did you try trading save files and change host? Might solve it.

So my guess is, it has something to do with character being corrupted on the client side, while on host's side it's perfectly fine. Also whenever the host took over my "bugged" character, he saw everything is as it should be.
Hope these pieces of information or deductions can help you and/or the Larian guys.

T
TGM Offline
apprentice
apprentice
T

I have the GOG Version.

why do you think patch will be in next week?

Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

I think he was just wondering if it would be relased soon.

C
stranger
stranger
C
It is a really good game but let me propose some features that could make it excellent.

1. Scrolling the list of locations in the teleport menu is too slow and boring. Why not place location names in several columns?
2. Sometimes it is not a trivial problem to aim the cursor on a target. It would be convenient if one could pick a target by clicking on an icon in the queue in the top of the window. I was slightly wondered when I realized that I can't pick a target in that way. And developers could permit the camera to rotate on 360 degrees. Seriously, it would greatly facilitate aiming.
3. There is one more thing that complicate aiming. Target is moving when one is trying to aim. I mean animation of various body movements. You aim, target stirs, you click, and... your character does not the action it supposed to do because you clicked on the ground. It is really annoying thing. I am confident that there is some way to fix it.
4. What do you think about necessity of repairing weapon? Am I the only one who consider it superfluous?

Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

You can use the top row of icons during combat to target opponents with spells/skills.

In the Game section of the options you can unlock 360 degree rotation.

During combat you can aim for the feet (most of the idle animation movement is in the upper body), or switch to the overhead tactical view (hotkey b).

C
stranger
stranger
C
My bad! I could figure most of it out by myself. Thank you!

I know about using the top row to target with spells, but what about targeting with common attack? It can be a pleasing little improvement, right?

As well as dividing the teleport menu on several columns.

Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

Yes, it would be handy to be able to target portraits for regular attacks. Some kind of organization in the teleporter list would also be nice to have, once it gets long enough to need to scroll.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I encounter this every time we do an initial load of the game with my co-op partner as the host. It also occurs if we reload from a quick save after a terribly botched combat. Although we always recover. Some of the things I see that is an obvious bug, visually for me is.

I die:
When I am revived my character doesn't move normally. She doesn't walk but floats with her arms stretched our like a scare crow. Often she has no head.

My co-op partners have no armor on or weapons.

Game killer and requires a reload from a manual save are abilities at zero and physical stats are set to 5.

As to balance, my co-op partner and I, feel the whole balance system has changed and the boss fights are far too easy.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SkinnyLegs
I die:
When I am revived my character doesn't move normally. She doesn't walk but floats with her arms stretched our like a scare crow. Often she has no head.

That is awesome. Got video or screenshots?

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z

I have the GOG Version.

I'd like to know about both patches as well.

Thanks!

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
What about the new patch?
I wanted to try the beta test on Steam, but there is no beta version for DOS ... it's over?
Or is it private with the need to code? It makes no sense ...

So, what's the status?

Last edited by PredatorV; 23/01/15 09:52 AM.
Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

It is a semi-open beta, so you do need a code (check your PM).

T
TGM Offline
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Raze

It is a semi-open beta, so you do need a code (check your PM).

Can i take code 2?

Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

Yes.

A
stranger
stranger
A
May I have one as well?

Edit: Got it, thank you smile

Last edited by araneldon; 26/01/15 05:18 AM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard