Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hi

In kickstarter Larian promised a GNU/Linux release...

Any news about it?

Regards

Support
Support

Yes, in the last kickstarter update (early next year; it was delayed by Mac/Yosemite issues, since it is the same team doing both versions).

When can we expect an update about a time frame?

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
enthusiast
enthusiast
I hope they learn from this for next time so they can release for all the platforms at once.

I'd also be kinda interested in *what* exactly the troubles are, as far as I know Unity is cross-platform, so I'd assume it's a bad choice of third party libraries...

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
Support
Support

Larian isn't using Unity; it is their own engine.
Before the kickstarter they had focused development on the PC version due to lack of resources, and restarted Mac development when the initial goal was meet. When the updates for the game slowed down enough, the group doing the Mac version could start on the Linux version, except for having to deal with Yosemite issues.

old hand
old hand
My random guess is end of this month or Jan 2015 for the linux version.

Originally Posted by theBlackDragon
I hope they learn from this for next time so they can release for all the platforms at once.

I'd also be kinda interested in *what* exactly the troubles are, as far as I know Unity is cross-platform, so I'd assume it's a bad choice of third party libraries...

Hopefully they don't learn that us Linux folks are ungrateful. Given how small of a market we make up, its good of them to port it at all. Also, you may recall, they had to push the game out the door due to investor's demanding repayment.

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
stranger
stranger
Bump? ETA?

Support
Support

There is no ETA, though it was mentioned in the last kickstarter update video that an issue with some middleware had been resolved, so it was getting close to completion.

Link Copied to Clipboard