Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
No, the big one probably won't be out for a couple more months at least. The hardcore mode basically will have them going in and rebalancing every single combat encounter in the entire game by hand, which is a lot of work.

apprentice
apprentice
Great, thanks. Back in half a year, then wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi all,

i am using the GOG Version and Patch 1.0.251.0 is not online.

Is the "Missing Sound" bug fixed now?
(no info about "Missing Sound" Bug in the Bug Fixes List) shame

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=554800#Post554800

Last edited by john carmack; 30/01/15 09:11 PM.
Support
Support

No.

Raze #562153 30/01/15 09:14 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

No.

WHY?

Sounds are missing since 1.0.177 (September 2014)!!! opa rolleyes shame

Support
Support

There are a number of changes and additions being made to spell sound effects, so presumably the fixes for those specific stances are part of that, which will be included in the large balancing update (with the new skills, difficulty mode, etc).

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
So hoping for a different answer here so I don't get angry. Are none of the sound regression bugs introduced in 0.219 (example: the Cyseal Ship sound effect and companion trigger sound effects for content, voiced lines not firing) were fixed in the last 3 months?

Please don't tell me you didn't leave these basic quality of play bugs unfixed with a blanket "We'll fix then in the next 6 months" excuse?

Last edited by zenblack; 31/01/15 12:38 AM.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I was trying to play a 3-player campaign with some friends earlier and it had been working fine up until this patch. We didn't start the save file with a 3/4 player mod so were were using the hex editor method of changing the value of NumPlayers in the main_1.pak file. As of the patch it appears we can no longer do this as line <attribute id="NumPlayers" value="2" type="1" /> no longer exists.

Was this intentionally removed? If so is there some other way for us to continue the campaign with 3 players without starting over using a mod?

Thanks in advance.

Support
Support

The size and structure of the 'Main' files was changed; there used to be 3 files, now there are 2, and the NumPlayers term to edit is in Main.pak, rather than Main_1.pak. Search for "NumPlayers" with the quotes to skip over some other instances of the NumPlayers term, or just hit next a few times until you get to the last instance.

veteran
veteran
Been a while since I played D:OS (before the 'big' patches or the bonus teammates). Guess I should give it another run with these fixes, or wait for the "big" patch... anyway, keep up the good work!

C
C
Just a short question regarding the henchmen.

Right now it seems, you either have to babysit one of them to make him or her level or they become totally redundant at later stages of the games. Are there any plans to make them more useful, since right now they don't seem to serve any purpose?

The newest patch seems to work fine by the way. I'm running the steam version and it seems, loading times have become quite a bit shorter than they previously were.

R
addict
addict
R
Where might the 3DSMax Exporter be located, and how is it used?

R
stranger
stranger
R
I plan on finally buying this game in the next couple of days from the Steam store.

My question is....

I understand there have been several patches since the original launch of DOS, including this recent one. If I buy from Steam this week, will all the patches be automatically included? OR will I have to download and install each?

enthusiast
enthusiast
When you buy a game on steam it always downloads the latest and most current version and it keeps it up-to-date, assuming you run steam. It's automagical wink That said, you need to download and install Steam (the application) before you can download D:OS. And you need an steam account.

--> Where might the 3DSMax Exporter be located, and how is it used?
Want to know this too

old hand
old hand
Is the 3DSMax Exporter the "Export selected objects(.obj)" option under the tools. I can't remember if that was there before the patch or not, if this really is the "exporter." Please release a written or video tutorial explaining how to use the exporter!

What I do know wasn't in the editor before though was the new "Help" tab, but all it has is a Version History and an updater. Unfortunately the version history seems to send me to a broken link: http://www.fileserver5.com/wiki/index.php/Glasses_Changelog

Great patch regardless, though I'll still be waiting for the new difficulty before I'm going to go through D:OS again. Thanks for having the business model you do where you'll be patching a game heavily for around a year (if not more).

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by john carmack
Hi all,

i am using the GOG Version and Patch 1.0.251.0 is not online.

Is the "Missing Sound" bug fixed now?
(no info about "Missing Sound" Bug in the Bug Fixes List) shame

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=554800#Post554800

Just wanting to ask when the patch will show up on GoG.

Support
Support

GOG usually releases patches in a day or two, so likely Monday or Tuesday.

R
stranger
stranger
R
[quote=eRe4s3r]When you buy a game on steam it always downloads the latest and most current version and it keeps it up-to-date, assuming you run steam. It's automagical wink That said, you need to download and install Steam (the application) before you can download D:OS. And you need an steam account.

Thanks!

T
stranger
stranger
T
I love the game, I've spent >200 hours with it and I thank the developers for keep making it better with its patches. Nevertheless, with this last patch, I have a small complaint.

Although, I think the changes that came into effect with this patch are in the right direction, I don't like it when the rules of a game change in the middle of the game. In particular, the change concerning the tenebrium weapon damage calculation affects a lot the way I have built my team. Let me explain:

Before the patch, the tenebrium skill affected the damage caused by any tenebrium weapon or any standard weapon that (via crafting) had been boosted with tenebrium. That practically mean, that as soon as I learned how to handle tenebrium, I boosted all the weapons of my characters (one handed, two handed, bows and crossbows) with tenebrium and then, to increase the damage inflicted by them I only had to spend skill points on the tenebrium skill. There was no point any more to increase the one handed skill, the two handed skill, the bow skill or the crossbow skill as they didn't affect anymore the damage of my weapons. As a consequence, from the moment I learned how to handle tenebrium, I spent most of my skill points to boost the tenebrium skill to all my characters (except the magician) and bring them all to skill level 5. Now, all of a sudden, all these skill points I've spent go to waste because, according to the new rules, the damage inflicted by the weapons is decided by the corresponding weapon skill and not by the tenebrium skill regardless of the weapon being made of or boosted with tenebrium. The tenebrium skill is now only used as a perquisite to be able to handle certain tenebrium weapons. Well, that is a completely useless skill then because tenebrium weapons are way inferior to standard weapons so I don't use them. For example, a standard sword of level 20 for example, will have a base damage of say 200 whereas a tenebrium sword will have maybe slightly more, let's say 220. But you can boost the standard weapon with blacksmithing and crafting up to >250 damage and give it also some tenebrium damage if you combine it with a tenebrium bar. On the other hand, you cannot boost a tenebrium weapon by any means. Consequently, the standard weapons (boosted with tenebrium bars and blacksmithing) end up being way better that tenebrium weapons of the same level which means that there is no point using tenebrium weapons and that means that the tenebrium skill with the new rules is completely useless.

In a few words, I've spent most of my skill points in the last 5-6 level-ups to boost my tenebrium skill and now with the new rules all these skill points go to waste. I agree that it makes more sense to measure the damage of a weapon by its corresponding skill and not by a common tenebrium skill but that change should only take effect when you start a new game. You should never change the rules of the game in the middle of it.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, I just posted a thread bringing up that same issue. Changing the rules that drastically was not the best move.

ESPECIALLY when combined with the change to added damage, so Tenebrium weapons have normal (crushing/piercing/slashing) damage with an extra 30 percent added on.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard