Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
BUG: Crafting items with Tenebrium Bars does not add a "Requires Tenebrium" attribute to the item.

BUG: Higher levels of Tenebrium, Crafting, and Blacksmithing do NOT improve the damage of weapons crafted with Tenebrium bars. There is literally no benefit at all in Tenebrium rank 4 and 5. None.

Thank you for the new patch, please keep up the good work!

Apart from the odd behaviour of the tenebrium skill which Stabbey also mentioned I seriously welcome the new elemental damage system. Elementals of the same type can now actually kill each other not being completely immune to the damage anymore. This is great, it was too overpowered to use elemental summons against elemental opponents.

enthusiast
enthusiast
disclaimer: have yet to play it on the new patch, GOG

That said, tenebrium reminded me of late Divine Divinity issues. Forget all your hard earned skills, now on you only boost the divine(?) (what were they called?) skill lines that just unlocked. Never got why they did that, but.. smile

Casters-aside, tenebrium had similarities to said glaring issue back in DD. Will be honest and admit i was really surprised something even remotely similar to said concept had made its way back in. Partly the differences between the two, partly that playing two casters on hard sans any companions, ever, i kinda skipped by it.

I -do- however, personally, find it a wise move making it simply a prerequisite. Easier to maintain some semblance of balance, as you still have to measure and tweak the original skills, more logical within the RPG context, as it no longer pretty much invalidates all you have worked for thus far. If anything, i wish that, with DD in ther "CV", they would have had the insight to have eschewed it altogether. Honestly curious to know what got into them in the first place. This is a good move smile

(for those of you complaining, it's an intermediate, mini-balancing patch. You do not --need-- to run it..let it go. You want a new run, wait for the hardmode/balancing patch. Don't see any issue, why the fuss)

Last edited by Aenra; 02/02/15 02:22 AM.

Pride, honour and purity
veteran
veteran
Definitely a huge step up from the old system.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
How is the teller of secrets restocking this patch? Fixed again? Unfixed still?
With how much this goes back and forth i just dont know how they want me to play the game! Was thinking of starting up a new game since its been a while, but if ill need to do a low level run through to unlock it ill just wait (and yeah, i need to, cant dangle a nice treat like that out there and expect me to have the willpower to resist)

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Update:
We added the following hotfixes with 1.0.252.0:
  • loading of a save with missing mod dependencies now throws correct error message instead of crashing
  • fixed possible crash during/at end of combat (texture issue)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
Update:
We added the following hotfixes with 1.0.252.0:
  • loading of a save with missing mod dependencies now throws correct error message instead of crashing
  • fixed possible crash during/at end of combat (texture issue)

sounds still missing!!! frown frown

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by john carmack

While it is true that it has been bugged for months, and totally fair to expect a fix, that one single thing cannot possibly be THAT big a deal. Also, hotfixes are to fix crashes not bugs.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by john carmack

While it is true that it has been bugged for months, and totally fair to expect a fix, that one single thing cannot possibly be THAT big a deal. Also, hotfixes are to fix crashes not bugs.

i totally agree! wink

Sounds are missing since 1.0.177 (September 2014)!!!

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Any news on the BIG PATCH or adding combat/movementspeed slider?

S
stranger
stranger
S
I have two computers with different Player Profiles. Even after downloading the patch, re-saving the game that I'd like to play on my second computer, the cloud storage won't let me access any games that weren't already locally saved to my second computer.

Support
Support

Did you try switching profiles on the second computer?

On the first computer, did you exit the game and then restart it, so Steam would upload the save? In the save/load list is it shown with a solid cloud symbol (with a tooltip saying it has been synced)?

On the second computer is cloud support enabled in Steam (in the client, open the Steam menu and select Settings, then Cloud) and the game (in the library right click the game, select properties and switch to the Updates tab)?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi all, new to the forum. Long long time gamer, from back before confusers. Like all kinds of games but RPG's especially and the Baldurs Gates and Icewind Dales and Fallout 1-2-Tactics, and Temple of Elemental Evil RPG games the most. Played Divine DIvinity and liked it as well. I think Larian is doing fantastically...because....

I absolutely love D:OS. I cant stop playing it now that it is fixed ( for me). I think the combat is among the best combat I have seen in any computer game, probably the best game I have played in 7 years.

This patch made all my crashing issues go away! Thank the maker! SO dont break the functionality fixes.

I think maybe Tenebrium should be a bit more useful, giving the 5% damage bonus per skill level point sounds pretty fair, but better to do nothing than make it worse. A progressive damage bonus making investing points in the skill would be highly acceptable to me, certainly the other voices of protest have played through the game more than the 3 times I have, I prefer real looking weapons, so my real complaint with Tenebrium is how unreal the Tenebrium weapons look, swords with widened points have real balance issues so I just wont even use them, I am sort of picky since I also hate the Flamberge style of blade, and I wish that spears were one handed weapons to be used with a shield, polearms should remain 2 handed weapons Crossbows should have much lower dex stat requirement than a bow and a much higher action point cost to use. I also kind of hate the elemental essence flare on the blade/head of a weapon, a good idea but it should be along the whole length of the weapon not just on the one spot which just looks cheesy.

I like the changes the patch made so I wont be very vehement in my complaining. Just dont become like Blizzard with awful DRM, I hate steam but at least it works, Battlenet just sucks.

Good Job Larian, looking forward to many more play throughs and hopefully more games like this, Larian may be my new go to Game company. Wish there would be an expansion pack like BG2 Throne of Baal!!!!! You get your characters all powerful and cool and then have to end the game...that sucks, but most endings do.

Thanks Happy Gaming!
:-)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Felixg91
Hi all, new to the forum. Long long time gamer, from back before confusers. Like all kinds of games but RPG's especially and the Baldurs Gates and Icewind Dales and Fallout 1-2-Tactics, and Temple of Elemental Evil RPG games the most. Played Divine DIvinity and liked it as well. I think Larian is doing fantastically...because....

I absolutely love D:OS. I cant stop playing it now that it is fixed ( for me). I think the combat is among the best combat I have seen in any computer game, probably the best game I have played in 7 years.

Without question, D:OS is the best game Larian has ever made. I love it, too. If there's a downside to that I guess it's that they've raised the bar so high that they'll have to do everything else they make just as well because it'll henceforth be expected from them...;)

This patch made all my crashing issues go away! Thank the maker! SO dont break the functionality fixes.

Hmmmm...that's one problem I haven't had with any of the builds, at least that I can remember. I do think this latest patch is the best version of the game to date and have started a third play-through because of it.

Just dont become like Blizzard with awful DRM, I hate steam but at least it works, Battlenet just sucks.

Agreed, I passed on D3 because of the horrible server-side requirements of the game--really resented them changing the Diablo formula as I am a single-player person and didn't appreciate the deliberate manipulation of the game to create obvious DRM and then claim it wasn't that at all...;) Playing D:OS has been like a breath of fresh air, comparatively.

Good Job Larian, looking forward to many more play throughs and hopefully more games like this, Larian may be my new go to Game company. Wish there would be an expansion pack like BG2 Throne of Baal!!!!! You get your characters all powerful and cool and then have to end the game...that sucks, but most endings do.

Thanks Happy Gaming!
hehe

Ditto.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes I also am a single player gamer, I get enough of other people in real life. I never play with other people in computer games, I do play with other people occasionally in wargames and RPG PnP type on our sandtable. Thats actually how I got into computer games.

I hadnt thought about them trying to better an excellant experience, true they have really raised the bar.

I am so unhappy that the game ends ( this is the 5 year old inside of me, the one that reads the same books and watches the same movies, and plays BG2 or IWD or Fallout 1 and 2... over and over and over.... LOL ) in fact I get to the point where you go in to the temple and I just wanna quit the game right there and start over....it cannot be over I am not tired of it yet!!!!!

Glad to see someone else anyone else thinks and feels as passionately about this excellant creative amazingly captivating computer game as I do.

Thanks...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stabbey
No, the big one probably won't be out for a couple more months at least. The hardcore mode basically will have them going in and rebalancing every single combat encounter in the entire game by hand, which is a lot of work.

Are you sure the next BIG Patch will take at least a couple more months until it will be released?
That would be very very disappointing... sad

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Any updates on the "Big Patch"?

I'm waiting to continue playing until then.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V

Support
Support

Zachb34;
No.

Vandervecken;
The cause has been determine; part of the problem has already been fixed, and the remaining factor assigned to someone else.

enthusiast
enthusiast
What is this I hear about a "Big Patch" in the pipeline? Something about new skills and whatnot, too?

Anywhere I can pick up a good read with information on this? I might hold off playing this with my GF until it hits, if it's major.

Last edited by Luckmann; 04/03/15 09:19 PM.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard