Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 33 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 32 33
F
stranger
stranger
F
I didn't play D:OS since summer and back then I used MooseEdit alpha 12 and it worked fine. Yesterday I downloaded the latest version of the editor and it doesn't see my savegames. There are simply no saves in the savegames list. Both paths are set correctly. I assume it's because of the game's update which changed the savegames' format and we have to pray that Dairymoose will make a new version of his wonderful editor? Am I correct? I really need it but I guess I will have to wait and hope that there will be an update to the editor. Please, Dairymoose, I think everyone would very much appreciate it. :)
LSTools doesn't work, either. There are no globals files in my savegames folder, only savegame name.lsv and a PNG file.
Sorry for my English.

Support
Support

You are correct.

Raze #562391 02/02/15 04:55 PM
B
stranger
stranger
B
You can turn off the cloud sync for the saved games, but Moose will still need to update the program if he wants to go ahead with it.

I'll wait to see if there's an update in the next few weeks, but the syncing is a long awaited re-introduced feature.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Even if I turn off the cloud sync MooseEdit still doesn't see my saves

D
OP Offline
D
I have looked into this and have done some work on it, but it requires translating assembly to C, which is not something I'm fond of. So I have been doing it only a little at a time. I think that for the first iteration I won't even be including compression in the save output (I will be saving that for a later release). As such, saving will result in your 5MB .lsv file becoming 15+ MB in size.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Moose is on the case yey!

K
stranger
stranger
K
Just a quick post to say how appreciative i am of your tool Dairymoose and happy that you're looking into it.

Keep up the good work (and thanks to provide us a mean to unscrew ourselves when Larian doesn't).

S
stranger
stranger
S
Just made an account to say THANKS DAIRYMOOSE.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Thanks for the update Moose. While I very much enjoy the game sans editor, there are a few things I always tweak or just little annoying things that I change here and there. Glad to hear you're working on it, and I understand the time required.

stranger
stranger
Thanks DairyMoose! I think that is a perfectly reasonable plan to de-compress the save file so it can be worked on. Then writing the save file back out in uncompressed format.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I just started playing DOS and couldn't understand why none of the editors were working for me. I'm glad I found this thread and wanted to add my thanks to DairyMoose for taking the time to put out a working editor.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Thanks Mr. Moose!

I
stranger
stranger
I
I'm waiting eager for the editor, after the last patch my savegame got corrupted (already reported and I thank Raze a lot for the support) and I don't feel like restarting again from zero.

So, thank you Mr.Moose!

journeyman
journeyman
Yeah I really hope to see a new update soon. smile Great work!

R
stranger
stranger
R
And a chant rises from the crowd ...

"MOOSE! MOOSE! MOOSE!"

Thanks for providing us with your extremely useful tool! OUTSTANDING!

D
OP Offline
D
alpha30:
Added automatic extraction/decompression of new file format
Updated PAK reader to support new PAK format

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xggb2364417f4/MooseEdit

Some important notes about this version:
-I did not implement compression yet so the files will be much larger than the LSV.
-I am not creating an LSV archive at this time, instead it just decompresses all the files and modifies them without creating a new LSV.
-If an LSV file and a globals.lsb file exist in the same folder the game will complain that the "save file might be tampered with" (but still allow you to continue). This message is meaningless in this context but if the error bothers you, you can delete the .LSV file to get rid of the error message.
-In a future release I will be replacing the .LSV file itself and you will no longer get this error message.
-The .LSV file is backed up automatically just in case.
-I don't expect any problems as a result of this update but problems sometimes happen anyway.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Thanks for the awesome editor, works great. I mostly use it to fix my saves when the various bugs cause things not to work.

One thing that would make it immensely more useful though is if the items were in alphabetical order. Not sure how much trouble that would be.

Anyway Thanks again!

stranger
stranger
Thanks Dairymoose. I have been using your new version and it's been working just fine. Just like before.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Thank you Mr Moose!

F
stranger
stranger
F
Many thanks, Mr Moose!

Page 23 of 33 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard