Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I have been trying to change a skill's properties and was wondering if it was possible without making a whole new skill. I basically just want to change the cast radius of Infect from 3m to 15m. I tried changing that value in Skilldata.txt but it doesn't change anything in game. Can anyone help me with this? I feel like I am missing a step or two...

R
addict
addict
R
The last time that I tried doing that, either it didn't work or it messed every skill up. I don't know if that is still the case. The workaround that I used was to create a new skill based off of the old one, and set everything that the player can access (Skillbooks, charcreation, etc) to point to the new skill instead of the original one.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Worked for me, though?!
Am still using a self-made unlimited lockpick mod as base, where I put in all the *.txt I happened to modify. Tried only the magus projectile, so it should work on others as well.

http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/31859108337466007/9EC8E01BA51DF5EE449D0859FFBE42D97CB621F7/

(edit: tooltip is getting updated as well)

Path, where you put it, is proper as well?

Last edited by valky; 07/02/15 03:53 PM.
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So I take it I can't just edit the skilldata.txt in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Editor\Templates\Stats\Generated\Data ?
Do I have to copy all that and make a new mod or something? How do I go about doing that?

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I figured out how to do it. I overlooked something simple. For others with this problem, you need to copy Skilldata.txt and put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public\Main\Stats\Generated\Data.

R
addict
addict
R
In general, adding files to the Main folder leads to the mod becoming incompatible with multiplayer, in addition to the change not technically being in your mod. While it will most definitely work, it's limited to your computer and would affect all mods that you activate that are based on the Main Campaign.

Replace Main in the file path with the folder name for your mod (usually the name followed by a lot of letters and numbers) and it will be in your mod proper. Though you might run into the issue I ran into at that point.

old hand
old hand
I had no problem editing the base skills. For example I changed explode so you see a preview of its radius instead of just casting it right away when you click the ability. I didn't test super thoroughly, but didn't notice any problems with other skills. I'd say try editing the original skills first, and if that doesn't work, then do the more complicated path of creating a cloned skill, making a new skillbook, etc., Rhidian suggested.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Would something similar work for talents?

Link Copied to Clipboard