Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hello fellow fans,

my first playthrough was with two Lone Wolf characters, in which I already realized that the game doesn't pay attention to you having the zombie talent in certain situations. Your character will still be reluctant to enter poisonous clouds and will still forcibly come out of sneaking while standing in poison (while healing, obviously).

I now started a new game with the latest patch and took a full party, mostly because I'm interested to play out the NPC sidequests as well. However, it seems to be impossible to keep Madora, who I gave the zombie trait at the earliest possible moment. Having complained about being hit by friendly fire a few times she would now leave the party as soon as she gets healed by a party member.

Is there a way around this bug? Or is this normal at all?
Thanks in advance for the tips smile

old hand
old hand
You could probably uninvite Madora from the party and give her a bunch of free stuff to improve her attitude towards you, add her to the party again, and then you'd be able to poison her a few more times.

It really ought to be fixed though. And you should definitely be able to sneak through poison clouds when you have zombie and character pathing should be updated to incentivize walking through poison.

OP Offline
Thanks a lot, that sounds to be a relatively simple way to keep her at bay... laugh

Yes, I completely agree. The pathfinder should 'know' you can walk through poison unharmed. I would even go as far as to suggest it might check for other immunities due to high resistance as well. But it should most definitely be aware of an in-built talent.

OP Offline
Finally finished my second playthrough with a full party. Baardwark's advice worked wonders claphands ... apparently raising an NPC's attitude to 100 "resets" the counter somehow and you can "poison" your companions a few times again. Some sort of a workaround until this bug gets fixed (if ever).

Then again: I experienced the companion stories for the first time. Strangely enough, they don't raise their attitude towards you after completing their quests. Funny they should be so sensitive about friendly fire in the first place.

Link Copied to Clipboard