Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Nov 2014
V
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
V
Joined: Nov 2014
@Raze, thanks!

Joined: Mar 2003
Larian Studios
Offline
Larian Studios
Joined: Mar 2003
Originally Posted by Luckmann
What is this I hear about a "Big Patch" in the pipeline?

Few details have been revealed (balancing, new skills like dual wielding, harder difficulty mode and a few other things). You can check out the last kickstarter update video and blog post.

Joined: Mar 2015
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2015
Dual-wielding, you say? Well now I just have to wait, my gf is a sucker for that rubbish. Hopefully it'll not break the pretty cool double-slash functionality as it works right now.

Any info whatsoever when it'll hit the streets? Are we talkig one month, two months, six months?

Joined: Mar 2003
Larian Studios
Offline
Larian Studios
Joined: Mar 2003

There is no ETA yet, even a rough one.

Joined: Nov 2014
C
member
Offline
member
C
Joined: Nov 2014
I think I remember having seen some previous patches were only partially (or not at all?) applied to old saves (the patches required new games to be started).

I have prepared a game to play with a friend, in which the characters have been created and talked to everybody in Cyseal (no combat oustide of Cyseal yet).

Would this savegame benefit from all the recent changes if I were to use it now?

Thanks.

Joined: Mar 2003
Larian Studios
Offline
Larian Studios
Joined: Mar 2003

Yes. Other than the companion DLC, I think there were only a couple things that were not retroactive.

Raze #563993 09/03/15 11:03 AM
Joined: May 2013
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: May 2013
Originally Posted by Raze
Originally Posted by Luckmann
What is this I hear about a "Big Patch" in the pipeline?

Few details have been revealed (balancing, new skills like dual wielding, harder difficulty mode and a few other things). You can check out the last kickstarter update video and blog post.


Please do not forget to fix "missing sounds" this time wink

Last edited by john carmack; 09/03/15 11:04 AM.

Killing shouldn't be the solution for everything!!!
Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
BUG: I fought the Lighthouse Ghoul. My Inquisitor's summoned Undead finished the Ghoul off, creating a poison pool, poisoning Wolgraff. When the fight was over, Wolgraff blamed my Inquisitor for the poison damage he took. It was from the ghoul's death poison pool, that should not be blamed on a player character .


STUPID: Why is Eglander's Inn door considered hostile to touch? I closed it to keep a stupid NPC from wandering in while I was pickpocketing his amulet. But his door is flagged as hostile.

And more fucking importantly, why is it that opening that door makes every NPC on the top floor of the tavern try to murder you? It's only the room of one guy, and he invited us in. NPC's should mind their own business. NPC's should not be suicidal. Go fetch the guards if you think there's a crime.

Also stupid: Lockpicking a locked door on that same tavern floor is NOT considered a crime, apparently. What.

Joined: Mar 2015
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2015
Originally Posted by Stabbey
BUG: I fought the Lighthouse Ghoul. My Inquisitor's summoned Undead finished the Ghoul off, creating a poison pool, poisoning Wolgraff. When the fight was over, Wolgraff blamed my Inquisitor for the poison damage he took. It was from the ghoul's death poison pool, that should not be blamed on a player character .


STUPID: Why is Eglander's Inn door considered hostile to touch? I closed it to keep a stupid NPC from wandering in while I was pickpocketing his amulet. But his door is flagged as hostile.

And more fucking importantly, why is it that opening that door makes every NPC on the top floor of the tavern try to murder you? It's only the room of one guy, and he invited us in. NPC's should mind their own business. NPC's should not be suicidal. Go fetch the guards if you think there's a crime.

Also stupid: Lockpicking a locked door on that same tavern floor is NOT considered a crime, apparently. What.


On that note, the witch (I forget her name). If you choose to attack her (because Source Hunters apparently hunt witches, even though not all witches use source and then she's like "I only practice honest witchery" if you let her go.. I will never understand this "Source" nonsense) the entire floor goes hostile.

Now, her guard(s), sure. Random inn-staying NPC:s choosing to stick it up for the witch, fighting the much-lauded and heroic source hunters with their bare knuckles? Not so much.

Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
Yeah, in general non-combatants should only fight under certain circumstances. They should not suicidally attack well-armored warriors with their bare fists.

Also, Larian, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, please FIX THE AP DISPLAY.

  • The AP cost previews for skills ONLY displays the cost for the skills in SKILL BAR 1, so if you are looking at a skill in skill bar 2, the AP preview will be WRONG because it is checking the skill in that position in SKILL BAR 1, not the current skill bar.
  • The AP cost previews for skills do NOT take into account penalties from the associated skill being too low, they only check against the base AP cost of the skill. Why? Fix this.
  • If you have more than 20 AP, it displays to the right of the AP bar. It looks ugly. Can you move those extra points to above the first row?


This should have been fixed MONTHS AGO. I am sure that there are a bunch of little tiny code fixes and tweaks like this that could easily have been added in small patches. You don't always have to wait 3 months and do everything in one gigantic patch.

Joined: Mar 2015
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2015
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Yeah, in general non-combatants should only fight under certain circumstances. They should not suicidally attack well-armored warriors with their bare fists.

Also, Larian, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, please FIX THE AP DISPLAY.

  • The AP cost previews for skills ONLY displays the cost for the skills in SKILL BAR 1, so if you are looking at a skill in skill bar 2, the AP preview will be WRONG because it is checking the skill in that position in SKILL BAR 1, not the current skill bar.
  • The AP cost previews for skills do NOT take into account penalties from the associated skill being too low, they only check against the base AP cost of the skill. Why? Fix this.
  • If you have more than 20 AP, it displays to the right of the AP bar. It looks ugly. Can you move those extra points to above the first row?


This should have been fixed MONTHS AGO. I am sure that there are a bunch of little tiny code fixes and tweaks like this that could easily have been added in small patches. You don't always have to wait 3 months and do everything in one gigantic patch.


I've stopped even trying to keep track of AP, I just look at what I can do and try to not think too much. When I do something more complicated, I just count all the little blips one by one.

I really, really, really wish there was just a goddamn counter. Roman numerals would be better than this.

Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
Ummm... So I had Esmeralda arrested, and the next step SHOULD be to interrogate her in her cell... but whenever I try to talk with her, she hates me, and my only option is to offer her a bribe to soothe old wounds. Ummmm... NO! I am NOT going to bribe the prisoner!


So it seems that doing it that way means I can't get her to spill the info she has. Yes, I am well aware that it's not needed to advance the main plot, but I still think it's a bug.

Maybe if I am feeling generous, I will go to her shop, pack up all her crap into a box, and bribe her with the box of her own stuff. But I sure as hell ain't paying my own money and stuff to bribe her to advance the plot!


EDIT: Another good one.

I fought Dietmar's thugs on the beach. The second wave archer shot Bairdotr with a -3 Dexterity arrow. This meant that she could not use her bow, but it remained on her person. I skipped her turns until she could use it again, but when her turn came around, even though the bow was on her person, when she shot it, it was actually 3-5 shots for about 1/3 the damage of a full shot.

I think what happened was like when a melee weapon gets unequipped and when you attack, you end up doing three crappy unarmed attacks. The difference is that I could use these at range.


Last edited by Stabbey; 17/03/15 11:47 PM. Reason: another bug
Joined: Feb 2015
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2015
Thats hilarious Stabbey.


I wish that when you sell someone their own stuff, it would trigger some sort of indignanat response or something...LMAO.

I routinely rip off stuff out of Esmeralda's back room and cellar and then sell it to the cheating-ho and she doesnt even bat an eye.

I think I would recognize my own paintings and tchotchke's. Ha Ha just robbed that ho blind last night as a matter of fact, ya know I have never gotten her arrested, maybe that would be fun?

Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
Annoying BUG: Glass cannon PREVIEW is permanent

I decided to take a peek and see if the Glass Cannon Talent would be good for Bairdotr, so I selected that talent, WITHOUT CONFIRMING IT, and I didn't really think her HP going from 333 to 188 was that great an idea, so I deselected it...

But now Bairdotr's health is stuck at 188, and no form of healing will make it increase. Her health bar shows 188/333, half full, but I can't heal her in any way. ...Swell.


BUG: I sent Esmeralda to jail, and I had to bribe her with a barrel full of her own belongings just to get her to advance the main plot, (boosting her attitude by 185!) and then I cleared her name and freed her...

But even though she is back in her shop, I do not have the option to trade with her. ...Great.

Last edited by Stabbey; 18/03/15 01:39 PM. Reason: more bugs
Joined: Mar 2003
Larian Studios
Offline
Larian Studios
Joined: Mar 2003

I believe the Glass Cannon bug is just with the UI, rather than the actual total hit points.

Esmeralda should have had the trade option removed in jail.

Raze #564461 18/03/15 09:40 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
Originally Posted by Raze

I believe the Glass Cannon bug is just with the UI, rather than the actual total hit points.

Esmeralda should have had the trade option removed in jail.


The display bug is a possibility, I didn't shoot her to be sure.

Yes, Esmeralda's trade option was indeed removed in jail. But it did NOT re-appear once she was released and back in her shop.

Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
I saw a couple things today which confused me.

The first was that Wolgraff, my Rogue, somehow failed to cast Fast Track on himself, despite having a 100%+ chance to caste it. He was under no status effects, and it did use the AP, Fast Track appeared in the combat log, but the Haste effect never happened. I don't know if it's related, but on the previous turn I had my Inquisitor cast Fast Track on herself. It worked. But I don't know why Wolgraff's failed when it by definition his > 100% success chance means it can't fail.


The second was that my Inquisitor had to retreat from a battle with the Fire Twins. She ran off, cast a healing spell on herself, and then cast Walk In Shadows (invisibility) on herself. Now, the invisibility had a stated duration of 5 turns. On the second turn, the healing happened, and she remained invisible. On the third turn, she, for NO REASON AT ALL, became visible. No reason. She wasn't hit by anything. What the hell?

Invisibility in combat already has enough stupid problems that it doesn't need completely random decloaking added to it. It is a terrible idea that status effects that you had before casting invisibility (burning, poison) can decloak you, because you tend to use combat invisibility because you really want to run away and heal, and it really sucks to get decloaked by poisoning.

Joined: Feb 2015
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2015
Strange I had a problem using melee power stance the other night, the activation animation happened but the status icon and effect never happened and I tried it on and off a couple of times in the same fight when I swung my 2handed sword it did cost an extra point but did no extra damage and the hit% chance was still 100%. It had never happened before and has not happened since and everyone elses abilities were working correctly, I shrugged it off but I could not figure a reason for it other than BUG! I have not heard of anyone else having a similar problem, until now. That sounds a bit similar.

Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
I've noticed some instances - too numerous to give specific locations - where Wolgraff spots a trap, but instead of getting an actual notification, the only clue is that in the Combat Log, this appears:

Wolgraff:

There is no overhead text, voice-over, or info in the combat log. I guess that doesn't matter a lot because thankfully most times you just walk around anyway.

Joined: Feb 2015
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2015
Well there are both issues again, Wolgraff wouldnt/couldnt go invisible when using walk in shadows in the Hiberheim Prison area, and my Knight couldnt use melee Power stance when fightinf King Boreas this morning.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5