Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Hics Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Hi, just started playing this on weekend and im loving it so far, just wanted to know if one of the armour rating types is more usefull than the others. Im in the obrobas fjords atm and just ran into Carleton he has some pants with 11 ranged armour rating but i dont wanna gimp my other stats if they are more important, im two handed warrior if that matters.

Larian Studios
Larian Studios

Not really. If you are using normal swords, boosting strength will help with your melee armour rating, so you may tend to be lower with ranged and magic. Playing a ranger in DKS I boosted strength a bit, using unarmed combat a little early game, and dexterity more, so tended to be lower with magic resistance (didn't put any points into intelligence or spirit at all).

I generally went with whatever had the highest overall rating (other bonuses and enchantment slots being equal), unless it was quite biased towards whatever I was strong in already. Sometimes the odd armour rating enchantment could make up the difference (I almost always went with Life Line first for armour enchantments, and then Increased Mana, followed by (usually) magic armour rating if something had a third slot).

H
Hics Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Ive been just using what had the overall most rating so far and the pants had more stats overall than the ones i was using just so much of it was in ranged rating was worried i might be gimping myself, while i can kill fast i also die pretty quick if i dont have my ghost up or rush attack in and aggro a bunch of unseen enemies. I havent been using my charms/enchants much either so could always give a little boost to the lower stats. Thanks for the reply.

Larian Studios
Larian Studios

As long as your upgrades increase the overall armour rating, the various biases should usually tend to even out.

Enchantments are a little limited from about level 12-13 when you start getting equipment with enchantment slots, up until the high teens or early twenties, when you take over the battle tower and have easy access to enchantment (and potion) ingredients.

With my ranger in DKS, at the end of the D2:ED section of the game, at level 37, my melee / ranged / magic resistance was 22.1 / 38.5 / 37.2. At level 24 I learned Splitting Arrows (should have tried it earlier), after which my melee resistance wasn't a big deal, since that skill was pretty much a die button for normal opponents in melee range.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard