Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#565043 01/04/15 10:39 AM
Arne Offline OP
OP Offline
(1) What is the most resistant/immune enemy you ever encountered?

(2) If you encounter an enemy is resistant/immune against your most beloved magic school, what do you do?

Of course, the easiest possibility would be to create "rainbow mages". Or to use certain spells or summons that deal physical damage. But maybe people here have clever tricks how they circumvent such resistances/immunities.

veteran
veteran
You have someone else attack the enemy and you support them. Mages should have 2 schools of magic, maybe 3.

Some people use the Elemental shields of the opposite element to add a negative resistance to enemies.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I give my mage every school of magic, but if the enemy is resistant then buff your fighter and wade in to melee with him, also buff your rogue and have him shoot em purifying fire removes shields but better to probably just buff the other characters.

What enema is the most resistant? Bosses usually.

G
addict
addict
G
The level 5 spells are useless, so put at least one point to every spell school is MUCH better.
Basic spell of proper element is more practical then high level spell of wrong school.

The most resistant creature i have found was an unique ice ogre/ape in the Hiberheim. However there is a chance to find a magic stick which one shot him.

The skill which is commonnly passed is Loremaster. once you reach level 5 it reveals all resistances and wekeneases of any creature or ally. Just press ctrl key and point mouse. That way you find what is resistant, then rearm and take care of problem. Have 2 or 3 wepons in the inventory is always wise. Even outdated, but proper element is wise tactic. (sometime weapon with no element at all is best)

The game is guite easy once you understand importance of knowing enemy and be prepared to any.

Last edited by gGeo; 03/04/15 07:44 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I agree that Meteorstrike, Hailstorm, Storm, Earthquake are not the big improvement over lower level spells in the colleges, not a huge improvement in damage, area of effect or additinal status effects. I still get em every time and use them but usually afterward think I would have done better with 2 lower level attacks rather than one higher level one.

Better to have all the lower level attack spells. And all colleges at level 4 rather than 2 colleges at level 5.

The thing gGEo is referring to in Hiberheim is a special boss Shambling Oak called a Guardian, it isnt a ogre or ape at all. Stabbeys way of dealing with it is to teleport it onto hot lava at the top of the stairs, the one shot wand gives no experience for killing it. I have killed it with melee weapons, fire-elemental summons and fire spells which takes a long time and is tedious.

Loremaster is underrated because its effects are subtle knowing an enemies resistances and identifying gear immediately and for free. Valuable but not obvious.

Last edited by Felixg91; 05/04/15 08:36 PM.
veteran
veteran
Since my previous playround I really want to give at least (and as fast as possible - that is so far 2 times at/from level 3 on with the help of 2 pieces of equipment) 1 character Loremaster 5 ability to know my enemies smile
I see this as a possibility to make proper tactical do's and don't's with the elements water, air, earth, fire, ... and/or other kind of damage: piercing, crushing and slashing .

1) So far the highest resistance I've seen is "poison: 200" (some 'Undead')

2) My 2 Source Hunters are both Mages, each with different schools :
Dagmar (my fast mage with Loremaster 5) go for Earth (ex: Midnight Oil) & Air (ex: Teleportation, Headvise) + Witchcraft later on ...
siska (my Alchemiste with Crafting 5) go for Fire (ex: Flare) & Water (ex: Minor Heal, Slow Current)

Further on I've Bairdotr (piercing & special arrows, siska make for her) and the warrior princess Madora (slashing and/or crushing )
laugh

At this moment I'm happy with this party,
very confident I am smile !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
^I have exactly the same setup.

veteran
veteran
And so far I'm stil very happy with that build.
Today I did the fight against Evelyn ! Now my party is level 7 .

It was big fun and knowing the enemies weaknesses was a very good help !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Link Copied to Clipboard