Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rock1m1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
In the Hall of Heroes you can hire a mercenary of sorts, is that a good idea? I am asking cause I spent 30 hours building my characters and they really off balance the party. What is worse, even if I hire someone, if I don't play with a party member then he/she will not level up.

G
addict
addict
G
The heroes for Hire are only for case you are building some uncommon/wierd/funky group. Alsou you could find there some funny common rules restricted combinations. Since Wolgraff and Bairdoter DLC, they are usualy not worth it. Becouse :
1. they dont have soul - no quest, no comments. (Wolgraff's speechless cards are soooo cool. I just love him)
2. they dont level up if left behind

Last edited by gGeo; 07/04/15 06:36 PM.
veteran
veteran
The Companions are Madora, Jahan, Bairdotr, and Wolgraff. the good thing bout Companions is that if they leave the party, and later rejoin, they'll gain all the experience that they missed. Henchmen are the guys you hire from that guy in the Hall of Heroes. They do NOT gain XP if you take them out of the party and they later rejoin.

You should hire the mercenaries instead of the Companions if you don't like the Companions personalities, or if the main characters are already in a role that the Companions would just duplicate, or if you just feel like it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
What they said, my opinion is that Wolgraff is the best of the lot, Jahan and Madora's voice's really annoy and aggravate me ( they sound like bad Sy-Fy channel movie characters and since I play my mains as a FIghter I do not need Madora and a Mage I dont need Jahan either) and Bairdotter has some strange eating and hygiene habits but she isnt a terrible person to have along.

I have ignored the Mercs in hall of heroes since they do not level up and have no quests.

veteran
veteran
I've taken Bairdotr & Madora because I wanted a full party with all female characters (so I maked two female Source Hunters :hihi: )

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
R
Rock1m1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I didn't even recruit Wolgraff ever. So I missed out on upgrading him frown

Support
Support

If you are higher than level 3 when you recruit a companion for the first time, they also get an experience boost to match the main character.

R
Rock1m1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Raze

If you are higher than level 3 when you recruit a companion for the first time, they also get an experience boost to match the main character.

Nice, gonna recruit him now!

Link Copied to Clipboard