Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
1. If you try to leave Cyseal without taking second pyramide from Cecilia's room, she will be out of her bathtub and won't let you play Rock Paper Scissors game and get 130XP.

2. If you leave Cecilia's room without opening front door, the door will be locked forever until the end of game. It can't be lockpicked even with magic unlock scroll.

3. You may kill Thelyron near entrance to Braccus Rex (as well as Jake) and will receive amulet of immaculate from his corpse. If you let Thelyron die from Rot, you will not be able to examine his corpse at all.

4. In build 1.0.252 Teller of secrets don't restock skillbooks for me. Also she hides initial 2 skillbooks after some levelups. I checked her at levels 3, 4 and 5. She had skillbooks at that time, but I didn't buy them. Then I destroyed large bloodstone and gained access to Alchemist at the Temple of death at level 6. After that I checked Teller of secrets - she had no skillbooks. Then checked at level 7,8,9 - still no skillbooks.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes the Teller of Secrets has recently stopped stocking skill/stat books, I checked after I leveled to 17th level and nada, came back again and still nada...not a game breaker since I have the editor but it is disconceritng, I dont want to edit everything, all the time.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
One more bug/oversight:

You can block Frederick using circle of candles and then talk to him about bloodstone while standing outside of this circle. When the dialogue finishes, he will disappear instead of starting fight with you. I managed to let him stay and attack me only by staying inside this circle myself and then teleporting outside using pyramides (it was the only reasonable way to defeat him at level 9 for me).

Same effect happens with some other NPCs when they are blocked in circle of barrels/crates/candles and can't leave it. But there is number of NPCs who reacts as expected. For example you may block Kadraskaz and he won't disappear.

Thanks for the reports, some info:

3) Is not really a bug, it is not necessary to loot his corpse and neither do you need the amulet from him. Because he 'story' died and not by the player's hand, there is no loot.
4) The teller is not meant to restock the skillbooks, this was changed on purpose. The books are meant to be unique, 1 time boosts to a single character. It was not intended to have it be restocked.
5) About the blocking NPC's, this is because those NPC's you are naming are performing a script where they are trying to put themselves offstage. The other NPC's where this behavior is not apparent are likely not performing said script, thus will stay in the circle.

enthusiast
enthusiast
SO skill books are not supposed to restock on level up, I hate that, whats the point of the Teller of secrets, not like we need maps to loot thats a waste and the loot sucks anyway.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Thanks for the reply.

Main issue with teller of secrets is that she removed skillbooks from her stock sometime around level 5-6 without letting me buy even initial two. I had no money at the start of level 5 and when I returned at level 6, she had no skillbooks.

My actions at that point were:
1. I checked teller at level 3,4,5: skillbooks were available, but I had no money (I used trick with pyramides at level 3 to get for early access to teller of secrets, but forgot about high cost of skillbooks)
2. I traveled to Hunter's Edge to grab some valuable loot
3. When I left Luculla forest location, Zixzax appeared and told me about large bloodstone and tenebrium
4. When I arrived to Hunter's Edge finally I used Bairdotr to grab tenebrium bow from the cellar at the center of village
5. Then I moved to Luculla forest again and with the help of pyramides and invisibility potion destroyed large bloodstone
6. Then I returned to Hunter's Edge location, took key near Zandalor's house, located his servants and pickpocketed stone that activates portal from them (it's easy to do at level 5 because they're only level 2)
7. I grabbed amulet from Zandalor's house and sneaked to Temple of Death
8. I used pyramides to get inside Temple of Death and sneaked to Alchemist
9. I sold valuable loot to Alchemist and decided to finally buy skillbooks from teller.
10. I checked teller of secrets (at level 6) and saw that she has no books.

May some of my actions result in such issue? Or is it intended to her to sell skillbooks only at low levels?

Last edited by Konstantin; 10/04/15 09:59 AM.
Support
Support

The books should be there until they are bought, AFAIK.

You should be able to use the Save Game Editor to replace the books. It is a Windows program, but apparently will run under Wine in OSX. I'm not sure if they are listed in the editor, but if not you could make a copy of an old save, edit it to give yourself gold, load the edited save, buy the books, save and then use the editor to export the books in that new save and import them to your latest save.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a brief description and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS Analysis Tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete most of the saves from the zip; keep your latest save, the latest save at level 5 when she had the books and the oldest save on level 6 when they were missing. The 2 closest saves with and without the books should help narrow down what happened to them.

For Mac, to get system specs you can use the 'System Report' button from the 'About This Mac' Apple menu item or the 'System Information' app (in the utilities folder).
Saves can be zipped by right clicking the folder(s) and selecting Compress, in the folder:
~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Thanks for the answer.

I'll try to report it as you suggested to supportdos@larian.com

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Issh

4) The teller is not meant to restock the skillbooks, this was changed on purpose. The books are meant to be unique, 1 time boosts to a single character. It was not intended to have it be restocked.
Huh, pretty serious overlook. I have bought about 25 pairs of books. e.g. 25 Attributes points and 3*25=75 skill points. Then game is super easy, last battle is a joke.

There is also a Unique book which tansfers Perception to Int. I have found 6 of them. Mage becomes god. Int 30 + glascanon--> 24AP per round.

Anyway, the game economy after the 10th level goes wild too. I have gathered about 600 000gold. Even I bought all those books and lots of legendaries. Is it intended ? Could you put some gold sink? A furnace build by imps in the Hall of heroes. Buy a ship in Cyseal harbour, .... .

Last edited by gGeo; 11/04/15 12:56 PM.
Support
Support

There will be balances to the economy in the next update; there are some rare things not worth very much, and lots of things worth too much.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard