W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Any update?

Support
Support

No. The rewritten input system will likely not be implemented until the upcoming large balancing update (with the harder difficulty mode and added skills).

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Patch downloaded today. It's still not fixed.

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Still waiting.

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Still waiting. This is ridiculous.

Support
Support

It still isn't being implemented until the next large update, which is "some months" from being done.

Wait for the update or setup a custom keyboard layout so you can remap the keys you want where you want them.

U
stranger
stranger
U
I just bought the game on GOG, fired it up and, being a leftie, I immediately ran into the exact same issues as Wizzleteats did. I'm amazed that he's still bumping this thread!

Considering this appears to have been an ongoing issue for almost a year now (according to this thread), it looks like I should have done some research before buying....

Because in its current state the game is a real pain to play for a left-handed person. In addition to the broken keyboard remapping it also forces one to use the left STRG and ALT keys - which completely destroys playability for me.

Honestly, if it takes several months to even years to fix this I have little hope of ever playing this game. For certain, I'm not as patient as Wizzleteats.

Sorry for the rant but I had plans to play (and enjoy playing) this game.

Support
Support

Set up a custom keyboard layout, or use Autohotkey to remap the right Alt/Ctrl keys to function as the left ones, or swap mouse buttons, etc.

You can also swap mouse buttons by hex editing the Engine.pak file, in the '..\Divinity - Original Sin\Data' folder. If you want to make a backup of this file, do so in another folder; having extra pak files (even renamed) in this folder can cause the game to crash on startup.
In a hex editor, such as XVI, open the Engine.pak file, search for the text string MOUSEBUTTON1 and change the 4 instances to MOUSEBUTTONa (either manually, or use the search and replace function). Next, replace MOUSEBUTTON2 with MOUSEBUTTON1, and then replace MOUSEBUTTONa with MOUSEBUTTON2.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by Raze

Set up a custom keyboard layout, or use Autohotkey to remap the right Alt/Ctrl keys to function as the left ones, or swap mouse buttons, etc.

You can also swap mouse buttons by hex editing the Engine.pak file, in the '..\Divinity - Original Sin\Data' folder. If you want to make a backup of this file, do so in another folder; having extra pak files (even renamed) in this folder can cause the game to crash on startup.
In a hex editor, such as XVI, open the Engine.pak file, search for the text string MOUSEBUTTON1 and change the 4 instances to MOUSEBUTTONa (either manually, or use the search and replace function). Next, replace MOUSEBUTTON2 with MOUSEBUTTON1, and then replace MOUSEBUTTONa with MOUSEBUTTON2.

Okay thanks, will give this a try.

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Well, the enhanced edition is out and the numberpad is STILL NOT FIXED! Why?

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
btt

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard