Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
enthusiast
enthusiast
Raze?
Do you know if there has been any talk with GOG in regard to the editor? Or whether the next patch/editor will come in such a format so that they couldn't really mess it up again?

Last edited by Aenra; 29/03/15 05:42 PM.

Pride, honour and purity
Aenra #564929 29/03/15 11:09 PM
Support
Support

I don't know.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks for replying Raze smile

And my apologies for pursuing this further, but if i may be allowed a follow up..
Is there some "external" reason that prevents you guys from simply releasing a new editor installer? Separately.
Considering how it is easy to see what is currently the issue (assuming you don't already know of course) i admit i am at a loss..it has been half a year already? And.. nada

To those that may be reading this, do remember that just as in other GOG-related cases, this is not Larian's fault. Let us not derail the thread needlessly.

Pride, honour and purity
Aenra #564944 30/03/15 06:17 AM
Support
Support

Half a year for what? I assumed your question before was about avoiding future problems, rather than fixing an existing one.
There was a bug with an earlier version of the GOG editor, which was eventually fixed. With the most recent update of the game, there was a delay releasing the editor on GOG (at least part of which was Larian's fault), but it was updated.

In general, AFAIK the only thing preventing the release of a separate version of the editor is just the extra time and effort it would take, with an extra round of QA for updates, etc.

enthusiast
enthusiast
My apologies if this is me missing an update.. Just read your post, will have a look at my GOG when i am back home, see what i got;
I only mentioned it because i remember getting the editor installer (again) pretty much concurrently with the .252 update, and still being unable to run it. Installed yes, run no. So naturally, i assumed it was simply not sorted yet, as (again IIRC) it was missing the very same files the previous version used to. But you definitely know best, so as stated, will make sure i check when at home smile

My apologies again in advance for any misunderstanding on my part!

Pride, honour and purity
Support
Support

No problem. The 1.0.252 game update changed enough data that the editor was no longer compatible, so it also needed to be updated. If you still have the same problem with the latest version, it would be Larian's fault now, rather than GOG. wink

Raze #564952 30/03/15 08:58 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well as stated, am afraid i cannot log in right now, as it is blocked by the server, so my apologies once, once more.. google however does help;
Have you guys uploaded a newer version than 2.7.0.13? That one did not and does not work with the .252 D:OS GOG version. I know for sure i have said version, as it was said post that 'alerted me' to it in the first place:

http://www.gog.com/forum/divinity_series/divinity_engine_crashing

Last edited by Aenra; 30/03/15 08:59 AM.

Pride, honour and purity
Aenra #564953 30/03/15 09:11 AM
Support
Support

The current GOG setup version for the editor is 2.8.0.14.

enthusiast
enthusiast
great..apart from making an ass of myself, i actually had to waste support's time to reach said conclusion ^^
splendid..

will sound like a brocken record, but i'm honestly sorry Raze. Don't know how i had it fixed in my head like that..just thinking how much time i wasted just believing i had the latest and as such not checking again..
Thank you for your time man, really :S

(if you're laughing now, well that's fine too)

Pride, honour and purity
Support
Support

No problem. It didn't take long to check the current version, or to type the replies above.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I don't care about difficulty, I don't care about new skills, etc.*

--------------------------------------------------

PRIMARY thing I want:
-----Balance amongst EXISTING skills, so that I can have more freedom in creating builds.-----

I mean, literally in this game it's very very obvious what skills you want to pick. Hell, not just pick but cherry pick from different trees, like teleportation spells after getting 1 or 3 or whatever points in the Ranger and Rogue trees. Charm spells.

Some spells have too little or zero penalty for how good they are. Some spells have too much stipulation for how good (or bad) they are.

And no, I'm not going to limit myself to not use those skills.. that goes against the point of playing an RPG.

---

Secondary things:
-More non-combat stuffies post Cyseal. Well. Make the rest of the game like Cyseal wink
-Better loot progression, and better character progression yadda yadda.

Bugs are a different story. Nothing more to say than to fix 'em as best you can.

*(Exaggerating, I simply don't care as much)

Though I still do NOT want new skills UNTIL what we have currently is balanced. THEN feel perfectly free to add that type of content to the game.

---

Now all that's been said, I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed the game.

I just want to replay it but I feel like I'm forced into the same builds again...

Last edited by Mangoose; 28/04/15 01:33 AM.
veteran
veteran
Still waiting for the patch for playthrough #2 smile
As for bugs, no point for me repeating them here when I have a garguantan thread with them all... been out of the loop for a while though, so not sure if all are fixed (but I got the impression not):
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=506811

Good thing Steam auto-updates so I can immediately know when there's a new D:OS update in the future, since I seem to kind of abandoned this forum (sorry).

Keep up the good work, Larian!

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Really anticipating the update. Been waiting to play through the game until it's out.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Any news?

Release date?
Content?
Difficultly level? (hope something really challenging!)

Support
Support

As of mid-March, the estimate for the next update was "some months", so now it is some minus 1.5.

There hasn't been much else mentioned since the kickstarter update video and blog post linked to above.

The harder difficulty level will be harder, including changes to enemy placement, composition and AI.

journeyman
journeyman
With the confirmation that the big patch has evolved into the Enhanced Edition, does this mean that this is the last patch that the original D:OS will receive now that the focus of the development team is the Enhanced Edition or will there be further content updates or bug fixes?

Support
Support

I don't think there are any plans to continue maintaining a separate branch of code for D:OS.

journeyman
journeyman
Thank you for the quick clarification.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wellzy4eva
With the confirmation that the big patch has evolved into the Enhanced Edition, does this mean that this is the last patch that the original D:OS will receive now that the focus of the development team is the Enhanced Edition or will there be further content updates or bug fixes?

Next Big Patch = Enhanced Edition?

addict
addict
Correct.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard