Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Deathfromace
Originally Posted by Luckmann
[quote=Dalek][quote=Luckmann]...And why would the operating system have anything to do with what GFX you're using? Are you high, or just computer illiterate?

Because it also required a 64-bit system and I can only assume he guessed if you didn't have a recent graphics card that you also didn't use 64 bit.

That's a hell of an assumption, though. Virtually anyone can have a 64-bit system, unless their computer is a sub-2GB RAM brick, in which case they won't be playing modern games on it anyway. That's a pretty big difference from specific hardware requirements such as a DirectX 11 card.

D
stranger
stranger
D
That's exactly why! Luckmann complained about requiring DirectX 11, not about requiring a 64-bit system. Therefore it was easily presumed that Luckmann had a 64-bit system. If Luckmann has a 64 bit system odds are it is Windows 7 or newer era, with a chance at Vista, because 64 bit was far less common in households in the XP era. Therefore I made the jump that odds are Luckmann also has a card that was made within that period and it far more likely than not to be DX11.

Regardless, sorry for offending.

Last edited by Dalek; 15/05/15 05:36 PM.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Deathfromace
Will any of this changes make their way to the original game?

No, and saves are not compatible (too many changes and additions to quests, skills and abilities, etc).

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Dalek
What about my Talking Underpants (Zandalor's Trunks)? Not sure if I can live without my Talking Underpants! Will those be included in the Enhanced Edition or will it have to be re-bought as Source Hunter DLC again?

I would also like to know this.

Support
Support

It should be included, if you have it in D:OS.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just wanted to let you guys know I ain't dead yet. To congratulate the team. And to ask, will that enhanced edition be released with gog galaxy multiplayer functionality?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Nice to hear, thanks!

Support
Support

The Enhanced Edition for GOG should include Galaxy support; that was mentioned in one of the Kickstarter updates after Galaxy was first announced, so unless something changed since then, it should be in. GOG even initially wanted to delay selling D:OS until the launch of Galaxy (when the ETA was expected to be a couple months).

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
This will have retail release or only digital?

N
stranger
stranger
N
So they mention controller support and local co-op, and then in a separate section specifically note that controller support is coming to the PC version. I just want to make absolutely sure -- is split screen (not LAN) coming to the PC version as well?

G
addict
addict
G
I have two monitors in my PC. (27" and 19")
Could I use split screen feature so each player uses one monitor?
Is there some beta for veterans, to test new skills balance and AP pricing?
(last version was good until 9th level, later on everything went wild)

Thx

Last edited by gGeo; 15/05/15 07:21 PM.
C
C
Pity. I really hoped for some update on the original. And I'm rather concerned about these news, since the AAA road of multiplatform usually leads to mediocrity and catering to too many audiences at once. Voice acting costs a ton of money and usually reduces dialogue options accordingly.

Well, let's wait and see. I just hope, this doesn't go on the same downhill race as the Dragon Age franchise did.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Luckmann
Haha, what? So not only is it being turned into a multi-platform title (the bane of all good gameplay on PC:s since forever) but it requires a DirectX 11 card?

**** off five ways 'til Sunday. That's all I really can say to that. Been waiting for this update since forever, and all it does is screw us over? ****. You.

A PC game being ported FROM PC TO CONSOLES does not, repeat NOT magically convert the PC version to garbage. You are not going to catch reverse-port-cooties.

C
C
Originally Posted by Stabbey
[quote=Luckmann]Haha, what? So not only is it being

A PC game being ported FROM PC TO CONSOLES does not, repeat NOT magically convert the PC version to garbage. You are not going to catch reverse-port-cooties.

Depends. Full Controller support may sound nice on the outside, but given that the controller offers less options than mouse and keyboard, it usually means just that. Less options for the UI as well as gameplay in general.

And according to the announcement it's no given that it is developed with the PC as the primary medium in mind.

Support
Support

Some things may not be as easy to do with a controller, but that doesn't mean features are going to be hacked out of the existing PC version so it would match a simplified console version; it means features need to be added for the controller, or extra UI elements or menus, to make it work.

C
C
Originally Posted by Raze

Some things may not be as easy to do with a controller, but that doesn't mean features are going to be hacked out of the existing PC version so it would match a simplified console version; it means features need to be added for the controller, or extra UI elements or menus, to make it work.

Other companies use a nice euphemism for that: Streamlining.

Gods, I really hope I'm wrong. But given the downhill race so many good game companies have taken with the multiplatform and voice acting hype, I'm not really excited to hear these news.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

The Enhanced Edition for GOG should include Galaxy support; that was mentioned in one of the Kickstarter updates after Galaxy was first announced, so unless something changed since then, it should be in. GOG even initially wanted to delay selling D:OS until the launch of Galaxy (when the ETA was expected to be a couple months).

That's funny, I was not even aware of that fact. And with the galaxy client being only in beta at the release Witcher 3, it appears we will still have to wait a little while.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by cossayos
Other companies use a nice euphemism for that: Streamlining.

Adding something for the controller doesn't make it mandatory for the keyboard and mouse, unless you specifically choose to develop for the lowest common denominator (make the game fit the controller, rather than vise versa). Since the game already exists on PC with PC functionality, and the next games are using the same engine, I don't see any need to be overly pessimistic at this point.

C
C

Adding something for the controller doesn't make it mandatory for the keyboard and mouse, unless you specifically choose to develop for the lowest common denominator (make the game fit the controller, rather than vise versa). [/quote]

Yeah, but that's pretty much what you have to do in order to make it work for the controller. The lowest common denominator. Unless there are two different UIs, one for the limited controller options and one for the PC.

The other factor is voice acting. Do you really expect the same richness in dialogue options and story if every line has to be voiced? Everything the PCs and NPCs have to say?

Support
Support

There are 2 different UIs, and if you are using a controller on PC you can switch back and forth between controller and keyboard+mouse.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard