Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
XMar21X Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm wondering which controllers will be supported by Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. One thing that bugs me is, that on newer games only XBOX controllers are supported.

On Windows I can comprehend that since those pads with number labelled buttons are not very fancy (but they should still be supported imo) and setting up pads from Nintendo or Sony is a pain.

But on Linux I think that at least controllers from Sony and Nintendo should be supported since on my Linux system they work very well (I've tested the Wii U pro controller and the PS3 gamepad). This includes proper buttons displayed on the screen. So for example, if I use a Playstation pad the game should say "press X to ..." and not "press A to ...".

I'm not a games developer, so I don't know, how big the effort would be to implement this, but I really would appreciate this feature.

journeyman
journeyman
Will it support Steam Controller?
I dont have much xp with controllers so that sounds like a soft landing.

enthusiast
enthusiast
But.. if you're playing it on a desktop, why would you even use a controller? That's like, I dunno.. driving my car with a cattle whip, instead of the steering wheel? Fitting my bike with a riding saddle?

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by Luckmann
But.. if you're playing it on a desktop, why would you even use a controller? That's like, I dunno.. driving my car with a cattle whip, instead of the steering wheel? Fitting my bike with a riding saddle?

There are people with a physical disability (arthritis, RSI) for whom it is easier to use a controller than a computer mouse.

XMar21X Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Luckmann
But.. if you're playing it on a desktop, why would you even use a controller?

Playing on a PC does not necessarily mean playing on a desktop. A PC can be plugged into a TV, a home cinema or whatever as easy as a gaming console.

Using a controller on a PC is totally socially and politically acceptable. evil

I use a wireless Xbox controller on my PC anytime a game supports it (or does not have a bugged controller interface that crashed the game with it enabled)

When games start supporting it, I may take a gander at the steam controller thing.

For games without controller support I still don't use Keyboard, I use a Logitech G-13 gamepad and mouse. Those gamepads are the best invention since, well keyboards. silly

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
What new games only support XBOX gamepads? A gamepad is a gamepad... it shouldn't matter who manufactures it.

From what I understand (though never used a Play Station controller on the PC myself so may be wrong) is that it still shows the X, Y, B and A in the UI instead of the Triangle, Square, Circle and X button icons so if you are not familiar with the XBox controller layout it can be a bit confusing.

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
XMar21X Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello again.
Sorry for bumping this thread, but the Linux version of DOS:EE came out recently and regrading this topic, I'm a bit disappointed. It seems like XBox Pads are the only ones, which are actually working.

Link Copied to Clipboard