Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Is the Enhanced Edition going to address bullshit balancing issues like:

Zalemk'Ath uses Poisonous Flurry: Deals 585 Poison and 267 Fire Damage killing ANY character in one attack.
Are you serious? My warrior has about 3500HP. More over he casts earth shield on himself for another 3500HP. Some scratches like 800Hp are barely noticed. In this special case fire and poison damages are further mitigated by resistances. :-]
Poor daemon weakling I would say.

Last edited by gGeo; 23/05/15 07:48 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Is the Enhanced Edition going to address bullshit balancing issues

Good point, I hope Larian addresses bullshit balancing issues like how easy it is to trivialize mid and late game battles with magic. Especially the elemental shields which double your hp while providing elemental resistances and on-hit effects.

I don't know why they allowed int to reduce spell cool-downs.

Originally Posted by gGeo
... My warrior has about 3500HP....
At level 12-13?

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by gGeo
... My warrior has about 3500HP....
At level 12-13?

3500HP ---> 22lvl
At 12-13levels ---> about 1800HP
His resistances for fire about 70% poison about 15%.
1 skill point to geomancy allows self cast of Earth shield for another 1500HP and poison resistance as bonus.

Your super-killing daemon is actually week, anyway.
My party was wiped out on 3-7 lvl, when its easy to find over-level opponent. And player usualy sufer by missing skill books in shops. Later 10-14lvl no party wipe at all. Later 16+ I dont remember a dead member in a battle. Final battle - pure joke.
Most epic battle I have had is the clean out Hunter Vilage. Weak oponents but epic scale, I would recommend to spawn(call reserves) about more 12 staple orcs to make it challenging. Also remove 2-3 common highlanders would help.

I hope that Larians make an veteran beta. For gathering feedback on skills and difficulty tuning.

Last edited by gGeo; 26/05/15 10:56 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
any chance of enhanced edition having:

1) real time, and not turn based gameplay modes?

2) 4 player local/online mix co-op?

Thanks.

veteran
veteran
1) No. The gameplay is not suited for real-time.

2) It is unknown if there will even be 4-player co-op added. Even if it is, it is unknown whether it would be possible to have a mix of online and local co-op (although since local co-op works and online co-op works, it presumably would be possible).

Originally Posted by Seanshineyouth
any chance of enhanced edition having:

2) 4 player local/online mix co-op?

I'm just signing that request, as I did with any other message that had "4 player local coop" in it wink

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Can anyone (Raze?) confirm that increased difficulty -- beyond the hardest setting currently available in D:OS -- will be a part of the enhanced edition?

(It may have been announced somewhere, but I've been searching around and reading through threads for a while and haven't found any mention of it.)

Thanks, and looking forward to the EE,

Geezer

Last edited by Geezer; 28/05/15 04:58 AM.
Support
Support

Yes. The harder difficulty mode (which will include changes to enemy placement, composition and AI, rather than just the modifiers to Chance to Hit and Vitality in the current difficulty settings) was mentioned before in the forum, etc, but wasn't part of the Enhanced Edition announcement (it is one of the gameplay modes mentioned but not described). It will be officially announced when there are more details to be revealed.
Game balance will be looked at in general, as well.

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Raze
include changes to enemy placement, composition and AI, rather than just the modifiers to Chance to Hit and Vitality
Thats fantastic. That is the way I think the difficulty should be controlled. More enemyes, smarter enemyes. CHange a hit ratio or HP buff is an easy way mostly used. Unfortunately it cause rule-set disbalance. Even Total war series use similar primitve difficulty control for 15 years.
Althou Neverwinter Nights by Bioware had such a feature that encouter scale depends difficulty and/or player level. It was quite good solution. Scaling had range. So dungeons were flexible to +/- 1-3 levels. Total enemy re-scale as Bethesda used in Elder scroll series is counter productive. Fight against a super-atomic-rat who can rip off half of the imperial army is not so fun.
I hope that the game reviwers will be fed, so we will see a flood of re-review all over the internet. I wish you more sells, you deserve it.

Last edited by gGeo; 28/05/15 12:18 PM.
G
apprentice
apprentice
G

Yes. The harder difficulty mode (which will include changes to enemy placement, composition and AI, rather than just the modifiers to Chance to Hit and Vitality in the current difficulty settings) was mentioned before in the forum, etc, but wasn't part of the Enhanced Edition announcement (it is one of the gameplay modes mentioned but not described). It will be officially announced when there are more details to be revealed.
Game balance will be looked at in general, as well.

Great news, since the difficulty mods I've found, while noble efforts, haven't fully satisfied! Thanks very much for confirming, Raze. (Apologies if I missed the earlier detailing of it -- I thought I'd read the entire thread.)

And thanks again for your continued, tireless, patient support on these forums. The reliable info and straight answers are much appreciated.

- Geezer

N
stranger
stranger
N
Will it be more stuff like other body-types or other playable races?

Support
Support

Other playable races would require the equivalent of a whole new game to be done properly (there would need to be different faction attitudes, different dialogue so NPCs would react differently, alternate quests or quest solutions, etc). Also, it would be a little limited with primarily humans in the game for friendly NPCs.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Niilze
Will it be more stuff like other body-types or other playable races?

Other playable races are pretty unlikely. During the kickstarter, Larian said they didn't include them because if they did so, they'd want to do it right, meaning adding proper dialogue responses for other characters, and that would be too much dialogue.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Then perhaps only the bodytype would be a maybe? Would like to be a less bulky rogue.

Support
Support

Theoretically it is possible (the henchmen have different body types); I don't know if it is on a to-do list, or just a nice-to-have-if-there-is-time list, though.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Gwythyr
Hello Everyone!

Today we are very excited to announce [b]Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Made me a happy panda! *drool*

the Enhanced Edition also features:

• All characters are now fully voiced by AAA-voice actors
  • New quests, new characters, and new content
  • A heavily rewritten story with a brand new ending
  • Massively reworked visuals and sound effects
  • And much more to be announced in the coming months!

Not seeing this on the list - but will the soundtrack be re-recorded/finished?

From the very first day of production, we designed the Enhanced Edition to be optimized for DirectX 11 graphics. For our Windows players, this means that Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition will require a 64-bit system and a graphics card with DirectX 11 hardware support. However, both editions of the game will remain available to everyone on Steam, so Windows players with 32-bit systems and DirectX 9 will always be able to play Divinity: Original Sin.

OK, you just made me a very, very, VERY sad panda.

Any chance for a DirectX 10 patch? *puppy eyes*

Support
Support

In the comments of the latest blog post, it was mentioned that there is an OpenGL build for Windows, but there were problems with it. Assuming it is still being worked on, or there is enough time available to be able to continue to work on it, if those problems are solved (don't know if the issues are more with the game engine, or with OpenGL in Windows), that could maybe possibly help with the DirectX 11 requirement (don't know what version OpenGL support would be required).

A
stranger
stranger
A
One can hope, I suppose... Would hate to have to sell a kidney to buy a new PC I only have so many laugh

G
addict
addict
G
(don't know if the issues are more with the game engine, or with OpenGL in Windows), that could maybe possibly help with the DirectX 11 requirement (don't know what version OpenGL support would be required).
Some other engines allowed to choose shader model. Actualy it is the main differnece beteween 10 and 11. Therfore a game made for DX11 use by shaders of DX10 runs on old graphic cards. As long as you have DX9 rendering core tuned, that would be more stright forward solution then OpenGL API.

Anyway there is about 17% general performance gain between DX9 and DX11. So you could buy a used old graphic card for 50Eur you get much better result. For example Nvidia gtx 570 on E-bay. In fact its a price of a full game. laugh

Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt
One can hope, I suppose... Would hate to have to sell a kidney to buy a new PC I only have so many laugh
Well, you could keep your kidney. Send me your girl-friend for a weekend. I will send her back with a card you need. horsey

Last edited by gGeo; 29/05/15 01:43 PM.
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard