Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
enthusiast
This is very sad indeed frown

Rest in peace Kirill.

My condolences to all his family, friends and colleagues.

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
F
stranger
stranger
F
I cannot say why but this ost, despite ebing heard in the starter village of divinity 2, always remained in my memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyGeRVvW6cs

Its is quite adapted for the atmosphere of a small village imo. I came back in the village expecting the music, which is the mark of good video games musics.

Last edited by fireflame; 03/06/15 12:09 PM.
veteran
veteran
O, I'm so sad and at first
I thought I read the opening post the wrong way,
but sadly it's true ...

O wonderfull music sounds You've composed
You, Kirill Pokrovsky,
Rest in Peace .

I close my eyes and open my ears
Listening to Your beautifull music !!
I will never forget You, never !
Forever I hold You & Your fantastic music in my heart ... .

Good Courage to the whole Larian Team !!

And so many sympathy for all Kirill's
Friends & Family ... .

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
addict
addict
My best memory about Kirill : the update song ... LIVE version laugh

http://picosong.com/jDhK/

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
T
stranger
stranger
T
Kiril's music is what made Divine Divinity what it is. His music is simply amazing. The main theme from Divine Divinity is one of my favorite pieces of all time.

This is shocking and sad news. Rest in peace Kiril.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Chaotica
My best memory about Kirill : the update song ... LIVE version laugh

http://picosong.com/jDhK/

I love how the lyrics are EXACTLY what I imagined they'd be.

addict
addict
I can't believe it's been 12 years since I was reading on these forums how to extract the soundtrack from the DD game disk, because I just HAD to have this amazing enchanted music to listen to.

It hurts my heart to know we won't be hearing any more of Kirill's music.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes, I was very sad about this when I heard the news. In fact, at the time that I read it, I was adding meta data to his music for my music library (the music from The-Vault does not contain proper meta data).

At least we'll be able to remember him forever for his music. I grew up with it. Divine Divinity's soundtrack was the first game soundtrack that I actually tried to search for when I was a kid, I was only ever able to find a few of the tracks back then, but they always still made me very happy to listen to them.

Thank you, Kirill, for all of the amazing work that you have done. May you Rest in Peace with the midi controllers in the sky.

old hand
old hand
Heard the news while I was away and was saddened by it like everyone else, but now that things are quiet and I can sit here and reflect on it, my heart truly goes out to those who were closest to him. No doubt that the unique and beautiful music he made came from the kind of soul that he was. He touched many of us from a distance and the loss must be deep to his friends at Larian. My deepest sympathies to them. RIP Kirill, and thank you for the rich treasures you left us.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
enthusiast
enthusiast
A standout memory for me of all of the Larian games is the music...at worst it is splendidly original, and at best it is positively refreshing and inspiring. Kirill Pokrovsky may have left us, but his music lives on...!

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Waltc
A standout memory for me of all of the Larian games is the music...at worst it is splendidly original, and at best it is positively refreshing and inspiring. Kirill Pokrovsky may have left us, but his music lives on...!

Have I said this here already? I truly, truly hope that literally comes to pass. I simply cannot imagine a Divinity game without Kirill's music.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Arsene Lupin
Originally Posted by Waltc

Have I said this here already? I truly, truly hope that literally comes to pass. I simply cannot imagine a Divinity game without Kirill's music.

Me, too! You can divine much about a man from his music. I only regret I did not take the time to inform him personally as to how much I enjoyed his contribution to Larian's games...(ah, darn...this sort of thing happens more than I'd like in the real world we all inhabit... sad I will think of him whenever I visit this site!)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by tyros
Kiril's music is what made Divine Divinity what it is. His music is simply amazing. The main theme from Divine Divinity is one of my favorite pieces of all time.

This is shocking and sad news. Rest in peace Kiril.

His music lives forever though his body does not. I miss this great musician with all my heart. His music in this game and before stays with us. I miss him.

Last edited by Maynard; 06/07/15 08:15 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
I was very sad to hear that Kirill had passed away. Very sad indeed. He is by far the best composer I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. I listen to his music all the time, I have all my favs on my phone.
I know its not much, but ill be naming one of my characters after him on my enhanced play through of Original Sin. I know the game is good, but Kirill made it emotional.

RIP, Kirill. Your fantastic skills as a musician will be missed.

addict
addict
Thanks for this thread!

It is so sad that Kirill has passed. RIP bro.

stranger
stranger
Kirill's music is the Source of Divine atmosphere in the Divinity games.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I always loved his output. "Broken Valley wakes" is one of my favorite songs of all time. It's beautiful.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Zelon
I always loved his output. "Broken Valley wakes" is one of my favorite songs of all time. It's beautiful.

I love that one too. His music just totally set the mood for that game and made it one of the most memorable I've played.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
I get straight up teary eyed as soon as Pleasure of Simplicity starts playing and I think about this thread.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
veteran
There are some Games with incredible Music, the Divinity Series takes Part of them. For me Kirill Pokrovsky stand aside with Michael Hoenig (Baldurs Gate), Jeremy Soule (Icewind Dale) and Kai Rosenkranz (Gothic).

I was shoked, as i read about his death. As often as i walked through Rivellon, his Music always be a Part of it.

Rest in Peace.

Science Fiction und Fantasy:

Fantastische Welten Berlin
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard