Next Thread
Print Thread
T
tx3000 Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
T
The OP in this thread is 100% correct about everything they said.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=519172&page=1

It's impossible to get anything across to the Steam defense brigade, as they will always without fail defend Valve/Steam to no end with failed logic they think they're justifying and use absolute utter nonsense they say is right and just to troll.

Lets separate some facts from what the Steam defense brigade thinks (Which they say are facts despite proof being given which in turn they say isn't proof)

FACT 1: To say Valve can't or doesn't ban accounts for no reason is false. There is overwhelming evidence that has shown that valve does in fact do this. The Steam defense brigade tirelessly goes to no end to deflect those facts with nonsense such as the people obviously did something wrong and anything else they can use to justify Valves corrupted ways. Fact is a search result provides the overwhelming evidence which the Steam defense brigade says doesn't exist or there is no proof.

FACT 2: You cannot continue playing the games on your account if Valve either does an IP block, or outright bans an account. I personally have been IP blocked which locked me out of my account altogether so I know what I'm talking about. Now even though despite the fact that the federal laws explain why an IP block from a distributor cannot be justified, The Steam defense brigade says the federal laws are wrong and Valve can still do it (and then they list of all these reasons that the federal laws outright make null and void.) Federal laws have final what the agreement can say, not the other way around as the Steam Defense brigade continues saying. And even when the links to the federal websites are given and shown in black and white, the Steam defense brigade still says the laws are wrong or that it doesn't say that and all this other nonsense. If the laws were pointed out in black and white, then saying the laws don't matter or that it doesn't say that, makes the person that said that an idiot.

FACT 3: The Steam defense brigade doesn't understand the difference between a game ban, and an account ban. Once again I've been account banned via an IP block and I could not access my account at all. Since the Steam defense brigade have never actually had an account ban, it explains why they don't grasp the concept. That, and they troll.

FACT 4: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BEING OFFLINE WITH STEAM. If someone says they've unplugged their internet completely and are still able to launch Steam and have it go into OFFLINE MODE then that means they have already been connected to the internet which is why you can access offline mode. How about unplugging the internet and then deleting the log in credentials that can only be retrieved ONLINE which is what allows offline to happen, and try and gain access to your account again and see how well that works out.

FACT 5. YOU CANNOT ACCESS YOUR STEAM GAMES ANY TIME YOU WANT.
The Steam defense brigade says they can access any game on Steam whenever they want, as well as they don't need to be connected to the internet to access offline mode which is because they already have access to it. But lets look at the REALITY of what the Steam defense brigade always avoids when brought up.

Anyone saying they can their Steam account and the games on it any time they want is in reality saying these two things:

1. They can go into the middle of nowhere that does not have an internet signal with a brand new computer right out of the box still install Steam, access their library of games, and still play them.

2. If the credentials which is what makes offline even possible are deleted, then Steam account access is 100% impossible because the credentials that make offline even possible can only be retrieved by being online.

Those two aspects PROVE there is no such thing as OFFLINE when it comes to Steam.

The true definition of Offline means even with no internet connection, Steam can still be installed on a brand new computer, which then someone can log into their account and play the games in their library.

Steam is a disgusting piece of garbage that has no regard for anything, is totally immoral, corrupted, and does a lot of things that are 100% illegal, and make it next to impossible for the people they do this to, to take action against them.

I am not going into a Steam discussion, but instead I will try to offer some help. As long as a game has been properly installed using Steam, some of the games can in fact be started without being connected to the internet. I just tried rebooting my PC with the cable unplugged and I was able to start and run Divinity -Original Sin. What I did was just double click on the game exe file. It can be found in the folder \Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping and is called EoCApp.exe. I suspect this hold true for many of the games installed by Steam, since all the files necessary to run the game is installed on your HD. You just have to find which exe file to start. Hope this helps so that you can run and enjoy your games.

Support
Support

What is the point of starting a new topic to address a year old topic that is now moot? Are you expecting more retail releases of D:OS?
It has yet to be decided if there will even be a PC retail release for the EE.

Some of these 'facts' are not actually facts in this case. D:OS does not use any DRM or require Steam to run (just to install, update or use Steamworks functions).

If people don't want to use Steam at all, they can get the GOG reelase of the game.

T
tx3000 Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
T
@ivra,
You have no reading comprehension, not only are you're saying something that's 100% incorrect because you didn't read what I posted about no internet, you're also using an AFTER steam is already installed aspect to talk. You fail to get that No internet means YOU CANNOT EVEN INSTALL STEAM. So you're whole thing about being a game being properly installed isn't even valid because offline isn't possible.

@ RAZE
First of all quit making stupid ass comments at me about responding to a topic that's been left out on the forum for people to get access too. If you people don't want anyone to be able to revive/respond to an old topic THEN REMOVE IT altogether if not any topic left out can be responded to regardless of how old

SECONDLY: I'm not getting into why I responded to that, the fact that you even have to ask, means you're just trying to start a problem.

FINALLY:
I love how the Steam defense brigade always says search results about this somehow doesn't exist, and even go so far to say that they searched for it, and yet cannot find any. A video could even be taken and posted of the search results that show What Steam does and the Steam defense brigade will actually argue against the video evidence. You could even do this in front of them in person and they will still say there are no search results and or the results that did show up aren't real.

You're the exact type of Steam user I outlined in what I explained about the Steam defense brigade. Trolls who do nothing but say proven facts aren't real and that thousands of search results that provide this proof are imaginary despite them being pulled up in any search engine used.

Go away troll!

Last edited by tx3000; 18/06/15 07:54 PM.
Support
Support

How about fixing 'lies' in a completely different topic that nobody who finds the old topic is likely to even see? Exactly how smart is that?

The fact is that D:OS does not have any DRM, and nothing Steam can do will stop you from playing it after it is installed. I said nothing to defend Steam.

Originally Posted by tx3000
@ivra,
You have no reading comprehension, not only are you're saying something that's 100% incorrect because you didn't read what I posted about no internet, you're also using an AFTER steam is already installed aspect to talk. You fail to get that No internet means YOU CANNOT EVEN INSTALL STEAM. So you're whole thing about being a game being properly installed isn't even valid because offline isn't possible.

You are very welcome!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Show proof. Give your account ID and provide a screenshot with correct timestamps of a login attempt and what specifically it says. Also steam does not IP ban, they ban HWID.

Also if you had games on there worth more than 100€ I would suggest taking a lawyer, and not our time.

Originally Posted by tx3000
You fail to get that No internet means YOU CANNOT EVEN INSTALL STEAM.

That's terrible!

Why without internet I can't even log into the Larian boards to respond to this horror!

Heck, I can't even use any of my web browsers unless I look up cached pages!

I blame those darn ISP's

Down with ISP's!

[Linked Image]

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
N
stranger
stranger
N
Wow. Why are you ranting about Steam and the Steam Defense Brigade here? What does this have to do with D:OS? Why not take your rant to a steam forum? Or try http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/ since you are banned.

addict
addict
This is the troll that never ends
He just goes on and on my friend...

In all seriousness, don't feed the troll. You only encourage him to post again and again and again.

enthusiast
enthusiast
After all these years I saw when Raze was enraged,fantastic,I have no idea how poor Raze can find patience while chatting with such trolls\idiots....

Steam has advantages too.
1)You can momentally update your game(if there are updates of course)Can you gain so quick update in retail version?I don`t think so,unless game has own autopatcher but it quite rare thing and you must connect with Internet.
2)You can momentally change language, of course you should download laguage pack,but you can.
3)Steam has no so bad base knowledge about games with walkthrough,all kind of tweaks instruction etс..,and you can quickly overview opinions about the game...

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
enthusiast
enthusiast
just block and ignore him wink a lot easier

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
addict
addict
Originally Posted by dwelfusius
just block and ignore him wink a lot easier

I did that a long time ago.

addict
addict
OP is funny. I LoLed.

@Larian: You are great! Keep on the good work and ignore the trolls! I got (almost) everything I ever wanted from an RPG - and I can't wait to see what the EE is going to bring us.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
I find his ranting crazy/funny, to the point where I checkout his profile once in a while to see if he has returned and what his latest posts are smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

What is the point of starting a new topic to address a year old topic that is now moot? Are you expecting more retail releases of D:OS?
It has yet to be decided if there will even be a PC retail release for the EE.

Some of these 'facts' are not actually facts in this case. D:OS does not use any DRM or require Steam to run (just to install, update or use Steamworks functions).

If people don't want to use Steam at all, they can get the GOG reelase of the game.

This guy used to spam the GOG forums but got bored when people stopped responding--or he was banned--I don't know which, don't care....;)

It's easy enough to disprove his " offline mode doesn't exist" ranting about Steam...

Last two games I bought through Steam...PoE & Witcher3 do not require that Steam be running at all to launch and play...Steam only needed for patching, the optional achievements, and the optional time clock, and just like the optional Steamworks functions with these games, GOG's Galaxy functions are also optional. Valve said long ago that it is up to the game's publisher to tell Valve what DRM, if any, is applied to their games.

And, it's also common knowledge that GOG sells all of its games without DRM...I happened to buy my D:OS from GOG, but just as easily might have bought it from Steam had I known that like PoE & Witcher 3, D:OS through Steam was also DRM-free.

I would think that once EE is final that Larian would simply continue to sell D:OS as usual, only with the EE version label. I can't see any reason for a separate EE release, myself, unless Larian deliberately wants to sell them separately--which wouldn't make much sense, imo...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
Support
Support

The EE will be a separate entry in the Steam and GOG library. This is because it will be 64 bit only, require DirectX 11 in Windows (rather than 9c) and not maintain save compatibility (due to the number of changes to the game).

My 'what is the point' question was rhetorical, meant mostly to discourage others from responding (obviously far to subtle). Unfortunately for tx3000, I saw his original response with an easily refuted reason before he edited it to try to play the victim.

And, nothing personal, but a couple bumps for this topic are enough...

Link Copied to Clipboard