Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
LeBurns #568729 07/09/15 01:02 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Well I do hope to be 'enlightened' on the single-player sometime soon. I just can't get excited about the game as right now it would appear that the whole focus is on multi-player, split-screen or otherwise. Not everyone has friends who like the exact same games and have the money to buy them, nor does everyone like playing with strangers.

LeBurns #568730 07/09/15 01:13 PM
old hand
old hand
I tend to look at this like I did in the first game with their emphasis on N+1 solutions, such that you "can kill everyone in the game" and still complete it. Killing everyone in the game holds no interest for me at all, but it did create a certain philosophy and variety to quest design that I ultimately benefited from. Will I get 100% of the benefits from the time they invest in the competitive questing support? I doubt it, and don't expect it to do so, but I can believe that there will be ways that it enhances the single-player experience.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
LeBurns #568753 07/09/15 06:24 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I just think the companions you get will have their own stories, just like the companions from D:OS (Maderra and Johan? I seriously can't remember their names because they were so inconsequential). I very much doubt they are going to force multi-player down our throats. I also think the people you will play with in MP will be able to make their own characters. AI companions can be programmed to leave at one point to do their own thing if they want, or you don't want to help them, and then come back. After that it would be interesting to find out what they did. It's not like companions with their own interests have never been done in an RPG ever. Maybe you won't get to do competitive questing with them, but so what? Multiplayer should offer something unique that can only be done with people. Otherwise what's the point of a tacked on multiplayer? *cough* ME3 and DA:I *cough*. Though they could leave and then try to stop you from doing whatever you want to do that is against their wishes, or join up with a group that is against you etc. The possibilities are endless (Beethoven has said that art is infinite after all). They just have to be creative about it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard