Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
addict
addict
Originally Posted by eRe4s3r
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Originally Posted by eRe4s3r
The current low in progression is probably because a lack of actual updates regarding some raised questions that keep people who care about those questions from backing D:OS 2... (SP, Paypal and Chris Avellone)

I would peg this KS currently even lower, at about 1.7m

It's in Larians hands...

Wait a second, someone wants to have Chris Avellone as stretch goal yet again even when he is not related at all the the franchise?

Well there are a lot of PoE Backers who would back anything as long as he is attached to it. Personally I just think it'd be nice to have someone in writing capacity that actually knows how RPG characters and their backstory/quests are written without them becoming caricatures of character stereotypes. ^^

I definitely DON'T want Avellone near Original Sin or Larian... Not that I do not like the guy ( I'm not very impressed though ), but I'd rather see Larian keep his uniqueness. smile

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dr Koin

I definitely DON'T want Avellone near Original Sin or Larian... Not that I do not like the guy ( I'm not very impressed though ), but I'd rather see Larian keep his uniqueness. smile

Chris Avellone is an outstanding writer and currently the BEST in the video game industry. I'm saying this with utmost confidence. There is not a single other person who can write as masterfully as he. I may sound like a fanboy, but I'm not. I respect him as a true artist which is worlds apart from fanboyism. I don't think Avellone and Larian would work together, but Larian won't lose its uniqueness if they include him. They can only gain. His work with characters and concepts would ground the narrative, making it a character-driven plot (like it should be) and bring a philosophical twist unique to the Divinity universe.

P.S. I am actually waiting for PayPal, because Kickstarter doesn't accept my particular brand of debit card.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by Lacrymas
P.S. I am actually waiting for PayPal, because Kickstarter doesn't accept my particular brand of debit card.

It's coming! smile

addict
addict
I suggest Larian extend the KS period and also tell us much more about SP.

addict
addict
kickstarter cannot be extended but if I am not mistaken there will be the paypal pledging and steam early access

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Chaotica
kickstarter cannot be extended but if I am not mistaken there will be the paypal pledging and steam early access

Oh right, they can't. Though maybe they'll do a second KS to reach those goals?

Originally Posted by DrunkenTofu
Originally Posted by Chaotica

Oh right, they can't. Though maybe they'll do a second KS to reach those goals?

Highly unlikely. Not only have we reached the original funding goal for this project, we have almost tripled that amount with a little under 2 weeks to go. Paypal will be coming. One of the issues with paypal that I am aware of is the money is paid immediately regardless if the project reaches the funding level. Kickstarter won't take any money period until the project has ended and the funding amount reached. Those 2 philosophies don't play well together.

old hand
old hand
Fortunatly the KS campaign was successful so there won't be an issue of money taken from paypal and not from KS pledges.

Also, Larian will publicly announce how much they received from PayPal and add that total to the KS goals.

Well I'm going to bed. We are at...

backers
$1,478,707
pledged of $500,000 goal
days to go

I am doubtful we'll make the $2mil. Though I doubt Swen expected the campaign to be as successful as it has been. I'm sure the next game will hit $2mil and beyond.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
You sound like a fanboy because you are completely an Avellone fanboy.

Most people who have been paying attention to Avellone's most recent writing have noticed he's become tryhard as fuck.

Not to mention that his writing is edgy for the sake of edginess. Fuckin hell, when I was playing Pillars I just kept hearing Crawling In my Skin over and over again in my head.

Last edited by Raith; 19/09/15 03:18 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raith
You sound like a fanboy because you are completely an Avellone fanboy.

Most people who have been paying attention to Avellone's most recent writing have noticed he's become tryhard as fuck.

Not to mention that his writing is edgy for the sake of edginess. Fuckin hell, when I was playing Pillars I just kept hearing Crawling In my Skin over and over again in my head.

Is that directed at me? PoE is, to me, a complete failure in every possible way. Chris Avellone wrote only Durance and Grieving Mother and most of his writing for them has been cut, there is a reason they appear unfinished, it's because they ARE. Why do you think he left Obsidian? I think it's pretty obvious that it's because they didn't use his writing at all. Though that may not be the real reason, I'm just speculating.

addict
addict
well well now I feel a bit concerned by my previous assumption... 1.8m seems far far away with only 8 days to go...

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

enthusiast
enthusiast
I kinda wanted Mod Support and Dungeon Master Mode and I would've put DM mode after Mod Support. Shapeshifting Mask is kinda "expensive" at 100k after Mod Support and Love & Hate is meh. My bad, Love and Hate is after Mod Support, Shapeshifting Mask seems even less appealing now. I do think we'll reach mod support though and I've yet to back it from PayPal because these few days have been a national holiday, banks don't work and I didn't have enough cash in my debit card.

Last edited by Lacrymas; 22/09/15 09:21 PM.
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I kinda wanted Mod Support and Dungeon Master Mode and I would've put DM mode after Mod Support.

Why? We need mod support in order to have DM mode. They are both linked together and DM mode can't come before.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by norD
I kinda wanted Mod Support and Dungeon Master Mode and I would've put DM mode after Mod Support.

Why? We need mod support in order to have DM mode. They are both linked together and DM mode can't come before.

DM mode *after* Mod Support, not *before*. I.e. Mod Support first, then DM mode.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Oh, I've read that on the other way around. My brain saw wouldn't have I don't know why.
My bad ^__^

veteran
veteran
I don't really care anymore since all 1.5M+ strechgoals have been really "meh"... but never-the-less despite their horrid and uninteresting promises I hope Larian makes the 2 million.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Still hoping, that they reach 2.000.000. I want my DM-Mode!

addict
addict
with less than 50h to go let's face it guys, they won't reach 2M... not even sure they ca reach 1.85M
However my 1.8M guess does not seem unreachable :p come on people just a lil' push ^^

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

They reached 500.000 in less than 12 hours at the start of the campaign, so ~220.000 in 50 hours is definitely not impossible. Unlikely, yes, but I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed.
And besides, we don't know exactly how much was paid directly through Paypal. I definitely hope they will include that amount for determining which stretch goals have been reached...

addict
addict
well that was the start of the campaign most of the devoted players have pledged the first 12 hours ^^
I guess paypal won't bring a lot og money, last time they said something about the paypal amount it was around 10k if I remember right.
I stick to my 1.8M. But I really hope I am wrong !!

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard