Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
enthusiast
enthusiast
The last time I saw any info about PayPal (which was maybe last week or at least a few days ago) it was at around 9500$. I remember that because I was surprised it was so low. I backed it through PayPal because KS doesn't accept my debit card, so I automatically assumed that I wasn't the only one. Well, I wasn't, but I thought we'd pledge much more than 10k. But, like I said, it was a few days/a week ago.

addict
addict
Devin engaged his own reputation saying it was around 20k now - and today saw a big jump in pledges. I'm confident the Mask goal is a sure thing now ( 1M78 now ). GM... Not as much.

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
enthusiast
enthusiast
But GM mode is the better one! Remember VtM: Redemption's DM mode? It's still going and it was a lot of fun. It had its hiccups and that's why it didn't catch on more, but other than that, it was great.

stranger
stranger
@Lacrymas
Yeah, that DM mode in Vampire the Masquerade was the first thing I had in mind when I saw that stretch goal!
I never used it though, the goal looks a bit intimidating to me, technically.

I wonder if there's going to be a chance for late backers (so called slacker backers) to support the campaign after the KS is over. smile (and if yes, if that will have any impact on the stretch goals)

Last edited by Quorra; 29/09/15 07:21 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lacrymas
But GM mode is the better one! Remember VtM: Redemption's DM mode? It's still going and it was a lot of fun. It had its hiccups and that's why it didn't catch on more, but other than that, it was great.

Oh I'm a strong advocate of the GM mode myself !
It is feared it may not be done and impact the quality of the rest of the game, but I really don't think so. I think it may be the one feature to really dwarf them all !
\O/ \O/

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lacrymas
The last time I saw any info about PayPal (which was maybe last week or at least a few days ago) it was at around 9500$. I remember that because I was surprised it was so low. I backed it through PayPal because KS doesn't accept my debit card, so I automatically assumed that I wasn't the only one. Well, I wasn't, but I thought we'd pledge much more than 10k. But, like I said, it was a few days/a week ago.

yeah that was the info I had. But I am not that confident in a high amount of money through paypal first of all because there are not "major tiers" and then because if people have the choice they pledge through KS not paypal I am not sure that many people are in the same case than Lacrymas...

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
veteran
veteran
My bet: 1.95M

WOOS
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Quorra
I wonder if there's going to be a chance for late backers (so called slacker backers) to support the campain after the KS is over.

With the D:OS Kickstarter, Paypal pledging remained available for another couple weeks. At least so far, nothing more than that has been mentioned for D:OS 2.

addict
addict
shit, 1.823M and 28h to go I was obviously wrong !! nice job Larian !! come on 177k we CAN do it !!

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Well, the Shapeshifting Mask stretch goal is definitely in. Maybe if we only make it halfway to the GM mode, that Larian will still be nice enough to at least give us a slimmed down GM mode? Based on what I've seen in the 24 hour live stream, they already have quite a few of the elements that can be used for the GM mode in the current implementation...

Last edited by The Centaur; 29/09/15 07:09 PM.
veteran
veteran
That's not how game development works.

Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
That's not how game development works.

Well, the last stretch goal was 1.85M... we're at 1.9 now, so that would be 50,000 for a slimmed down GM mode.

But I have good hopes that we're still going to make it.
According to Jeff (Larian), they currently got around 15K from Paypal, 10K from RPGwatch, and 10K from RPGCodex. So only 65K left until the 2M, and still 14 hours to go. And with that live stream going on, the counter is progressing quite nicely.

veteran
veteran
So, to use buildings as example again.

If you have 150K to build a building, you can see how you can't just make it "75k for half a building"..., right?

old hand
old hand
I think we are going to squeak out 2 million, which is great, I'd love a DM mode.

Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
So, to use buildings as example again.

If you have 150K to build a building, you can see how you can't just make it "75k for half a building"..., right?

Good example... if you only have 75k, you can't make the building that you wanted. But you can make a smaller building, with less rooms, less features...!

But I think that point is moot... we're at 1,950,000 now, and 35,000 from other sources, so only 15,000 left with still 7 hours to go.

journeyman
journeyman
50k here or there is less than a statistical fluctuation in Early Access / DOS:EE sales, the 'real milestones' are spaced 500k apart. If they seriously have their sights set on DM mode, they'll just do it even if 50k short.

The REAL question is if they actually need another ~500k to really make this work in a non-hackneyed way. And they probably do, but that's what enhanced editions are for, haha.

Well, KS page is at $1,966,000 now. So if my calculations/information is correct, with the extra $35,000 added, this means the final stretch goal (Game Master mode) has been reached!!!
(and at the speeds it's currently going, KS may well pass the $2M by itself)

apprentice
apprentice
$10k to go on KS page alone... with PayPal funds they should be all set even when taking into account last-minute cancellations and some failed KS payments.

Congratulations laugh

$2M and counting. Congrats to all involved!

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard