Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
journeyman
journeyman
2mio$ !!!! cheer cheer cheer

My signed collector bike ; )
addict
addict
I was wrong and I am glad I was wrong !! well done Larian !!

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Chaotica
I was wrong and I am glad I was wrong !! well done Larian !!

Same.
Now, let's see, what pessimistic attitude can I adopt...
Ah!
Please do not screw up, or I'll be angry I threw my money at you and will probably do it again. Hu....

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I guessed 2.5M it seems, 1 month ago.
I was not that far! Well, still over 2M laugh

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by The Centaur
[Linked Image]

I still find this supposedly random number that Kieron picked two weeks ago or something to be weirdly prescient in its accuracy.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Also, I think we should declare 4verse the winner. hehe

Originally Posted by Devin at Larian

Definitely. Back in August, I'm sure almost nobody really believed that 2 million was really possible, but his chart was spot on. party cheer
So what did he win? An office date? An invitation to the Larian Studios Release Party? think

veteran
veteran
Psh, I believed 3 million, so I'm sadly dissapointed in all of you! wink

Good example... if you only have 75k, you can't make the building that you wanted. But you can make a smaller building, with less rooms, less features...!

But I think that point is moot... we're at 1,950,000 now, and 35,000 from other sources, so only 15,000 left with still 7 hours to go.

It's more like the building will lack some walls, and there's a pretty good chance it will collapse on itself since they didn't give proper stutting to the second floor.

Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
It's more like the building will lack some walls, and there's a pretty good chance it will collapse on itself since they didn't give proper stutting to the second floor.

If you were an architect, I don't think many people would hire you. You should create the design based on how much money you have, not first create the best possible design you can think of, then look at how much of it you can achieve with the money that you have.
Ofcourse, with only $75,000, the house I could build wouldn't be much more than a shack (unless I lived in Parma, Ohio), but it definitely wouldn't lack walls or collapse.

But as I already said... the point is moot, as the full target for Game Master Mode has been achieved.

veteran
veteran
Still, many people (me included) are dubious it can be done properly even with the reached goal.

As for the hypothesis:
If you're hired to build a 2 story home for 75K and you see that's not enough money, do you really want to build a shack for the money then. Or just return it and say 'that's not enough money for what you want'... the first definitely gives you angry contractors.

They created the design, they said they needed X money for it. It's not something as easily as just doing "50% GM for 50% money", that's like saying "You'll get 50% plane for 50% money... ps. It wont fly"

If you're hired to build a 2 story home for 75K and you see that's not enough money...

The situation is a little bit different. You make a plan for a village, and tell the contractor that it will cost 2M. The final part of that village is a house for 150K, that some people are really looking forward to (let's say some sort of community building). But the contractor can't come up with the 2M and is 75K short. What do you do? Do you tell the contractor that you will then just make the rest of the village and leave out the community building altogether, or do you offer to make the most of that 75K and build a small shack as community building? I believe that in this case, that shack will actually make the contractor happy, not angry. After all, a small community building with less possibilities is better than no community building at all, right?

They created the design...

This part of your reply fails right in that first sentence. When they started the KS campaign, they had a global idea of what they could make, but I sincerely doubt that they had created the technical designs (they didn't even have the GM stretch goal until later in the campaign). Only now that the funding is certain, will they sit down with their designers, discuss how they can do it and come up with an actual technical design plan. If they had less money, then that design plan would just become a lot simpler... but a simple plan with less options is still completely different from "half a plan".

One very simple example: a full Game Master mode could have the option to "create your own maps" (with the supplied editor), while a slimmed down version would only have the option to choose from 10 pre-defined maps... still fully functional, just less flexible for the user, and a lot cheaper to implement.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Devin at Larian

hehe thx, man, appreciated

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
addict
addict

So what did he win? An office date? An invitation to the Larian Studios Release Party? think

that would be awesome grin

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard