Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 41 42
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ravensRblack

My wallet wanted me to deliver you a message.

"I hate you." - Kai's Wallet

Mine's currently burning a hole in that block of ice I encased it in after spending $135 on Divinity's kickstarter. Dammit, I'm trying to save up for an apartment!

Elven engineer at your service!
Come join the Discord server for chat and other stuff!
Steam: MechSoldier
addict
addict
Originally Posted by MechSoldier

My wallet wanted me to deliver you a message.

"I hate you." - Kai's Wallet

Mine's currently burning a hole in that block of ice I encased it in after spending $135 on Divinity's kickstarter. Dammit, I'm trying to save up for an apartment!

Come live in Paris.
You'll see : you'll never ever even think about buying an appartment ... laugh

Unless you're not afraid of getting a 25years long loan.
And inherited lots of money.

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Dr Koin
Come live in Paris.
You'll see : you'll never ever even think about buying an appartment ... laugh

Unless you're not afraid of getting a 25years long loan.
And inherited lots of money.

When I was a kid, I used to dream about living in Paris...

And then I learned that France has a lot of great animation schools...

And then I saw how much it cost to live there...

Last edited by ravensRblack; 30/09/15 09:46 PM.

Steam ID: RvnBlk
GOG ID: GRANKYZ
----------------------------
Devine Order of Devinity
Discord Divinity Original Sin Lobby
addict
addict
And then I learned that France has a lot of great animation schools...

I actually know a few things about that wink

But I think it's mostly Paris that costs so much. It's insane, really. You'll get a parking place for the price you'd need to buy a well located house anywhere else in the country. ( ok I'm exagerating here, buuut... am I ? )
I'd bet it can be worse in other countries, but France really has an issue with everything happening in Paris, thus making the city dirty, polluted, with a high cost of life.

At least we've got trees almost everywhere, lots of parks, and a few good schools.

Click to reveal..
G
stranger
stranger
G
Hey gang! I backed and planning to join alpha when it hits so might as well join the forum while
I'm at it. It was my first kickstarter and gotta say it was exciting to be a part of the beginning of what will hopefully be the greatest game ever(sure looks like it will become that or atleast come close).

stranger
stranger
Moving the conversation in here... sounds like a plan to me!

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Grielog Viespeuk
Hey gang! I backed and planning to join alpha when it hits so might as well join the forum while
I'm at it. It was my first kickstarter and gotta say it was exciting to be a part of the beginning of what will hopefully be the greatest game ever(sure looks like it will become that or atleast come close).

Welcome! We were also thinking that this could be the place you can search for people to party up with when EE and 2 comes out.

Originally Posted by karrachr000
Moving the conversation in here... sounds like a plan to me!

The KS comment section was a the place for great conversation. I'm hoping that this will be too.

Devine Order of Devinity
apprentice
apprentice
I'm just hoping the mod makers for the 4 player mods update their stuff when EE comes out, because I'm betting it'll break them.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Thank you kind sir!

Hi there everybody.

Looking forward to spending the next year waiting with you guys. :wave:

My very first Kickstarter Backing.

I've only a few weeks ago decided to invest again in a new cRPG after having been away from gaming for a number of years.

My last RPG was Neverwinter Nights where I spent some time programming helpful scenarios. At least I thought they were helpful - and I know of at least seven - err... five people who liked it.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Ayath The Loafer
Hi there everybody.

Looking forward to spending the next year waiting with you guys. wave

I've only a few weeks ago decided to invest again in a new cRPG after having been away from gaming for a number of years.

My last RPG was Neverwinter Nights where I spent some time programming helpful scenarios. At least I thought they were helpful - and I know of at least seven - err... five people who liked it.

We did hit the dedicated mod support. Maybe you can make a bigger, better, more helpful scenario this time? laugh

It can bump your fan count.

Devine Order of Devinity
J
stranger
stranger
J
Hey guys! Glad to see some familiar names here already. :D
-June

Last edited by Jinmaruuu; 30/09/15 10:39 PM.
addict
addict
Look at all them little newbies running around on the forums, it's so cute and fluffy and heartwarming :')

-Dr.Koin, old goat.

Click to reveal..
apprentice
apprentice
Can I pet one...? Oh, wait... I am one of them...

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Dr Koin
Look at all them little newbies running around on the forums, it's so cute and fluffy and heartwarming :')

-Dr.Koin, old goat.

Lol. We are taking over old man.

Originally Posted by Jinmaruuu
Hey guys! Glad to see some familiar names here already. laugh
-June

Hiya June!

~Kai

Devine Order of Devinity
G
stranger
stranger
G
Hi there everybody.

We did hit the dedicated mod support. Maybe you can make a bigger, better, more helpful scenario this time? laugh

To get right into it: What do you guys think of the games master mode? I've never played pen and paper(some friends do or did) but won't it be hard to actually emulate the same kind of experience on computer? You can make your own dungeon, throw in some enemies, traps or puzzles but what about implementing stories or quests? It feels like it would be kind of hard to do this from a narrative perspective. You don't have the freedom of creating your own story because you will probably be working with templates and the narrative you create has to work within that context, or am I being to negative here. I'm asking how do you people think it will work.

OP Offline

To get right into it: What do you guys think of the games master mode? I've never played pen and paper(some friends do or did) but won't it be hard to actually emulate the same kind of experience on computer? You can make your own dungeon, throw in some enemies, traps or puzzles but what about implementing stories or quests? It feels like it would be kind of hard to do this from a narrative perspective. You don't have the freedom of creating your own story because you will probably be working with templates and the narrative you create has to work within that context, or am I being to negative here. I'm asking how do you people think it will work.

I'm thinking it's a separate mode.

This is what I thought when it was announced -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKFGw51hkAA

Devine Order of Devinity
J
stranger
stranger
J
[quote=Dr Koin]Look at all them little newbies running around on the forums, it's so cute and fluffy and heartwarming :')

-Dr.Koin, old goat.[/quote]

Feel like a baby lamb on wobbly legs... haha. Whooo~ :horsey:

[quote=ravensRblack]

Hiya June!

~Kai [/quote]

Heya Kai ^^ This was a great idea, by the way!

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Jinmaruuu
Heya Kai ^^ This was a great idea, by the way!

laugh Thanks. The comment section of any KS campaign tend to get quiet after it ends. This way we can find each other easily and continue the epic random spam.

Devine Order of Devinity
addict
addict
Hi there everybody.

I think it will be hard to pull off and make properly, but probably not as hard as expected.
Way I see it it will have to work side by side with the editor, involving, just like a true P&P RPG, a lot of preparations from the game master.
Of course there's still room for annoucements, but I recko(i)n the simplest way to go would be modular : create assets in the editor, from monsters to gear to whole rooms or even dialogues, prepare a "strong" base content, and if your players are adventurous, use your modules on the fly for their benefit.
True complex dialogues and deep interactions are probably not going to be doable while still retaining a certain level of freedom and most of all, fluidity for the players. However, you could still play it "the old way", which is simply engaging real dialogues with the players whenever you want an interaction with a NPC to sound real.

Obviously I don't expect the GM mode to be able to deliver a full "Roleplaying" kind of session ( as opposed to combat-oriented session ), in which you leave a lot of freedom to your players. However with a carefully crafted campaign thanks to the editor, you may lay the foundations to such a game. Then your role as Game Master would essentially be to offer some interactions that would be way more organic than counting on scripts alone.

Click to reveal..
Page 3 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 41 42

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard