N
@DrKoin, GG mate!
@Elwyn, hello!

L
stranger
stranger
L
Hello guys o/
I've literally just registered for the forums...
umm... pleasure to meet you I guess senpai m(_ _)m

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Dr Koin
And this is completely irrelevant to all things Larian, but I wanted to say I finally beat Batman : Arkham Knight with 100% completion. Which happens to be mandatory for getting the real, true ending.

Man those Riddler trophies are devinitely annoying.

Now I can either start getting to bed early or playing something else ! =)

Was not Batman terrible annoying to beat with 100% completion? I heard it is quite a chore.

p.s. Last game i finished was Witcher 3 a few months ago, then i started in a new job and since then iï½´m trying to finish Divinity 2... need more holidays :-(

SteamID: LordW (https://steamcommunity.com/id/LordW1984)
Devine Order of Devinity

Larian made DoS 1 then DoS EE and now they are doing DoS 2, that is 3 games... DIVINITY 3 is comfirmed guys!
stranger
stranger
Man man nothing has changed you peeps talk still soooo much. Reading through it all right now xD so I'm back up to speed haha. Just registered on Discord. Looks pretty cool.
Anyway back to reading!

Hello to anyone who reads this ! ^^

A weresheep BADGE ! WHERE DO I PLEDGE MOAR MONEY!

@QuoteStar You're in Japan? Oh man =( you're so lucky! I miss it so damn much !

@Jeff and others...so you've made me look at Numera AND Dwarves...WHEN will you guys refrain from making me spend money ? xD

Wait WAIT ! Where are all my fellow DOoD brothers and sisters? All I see are NOrD scum loving chocolate eaters (no offense meant)

Originally Posted by LordW
To many NorDers here.... should dust of my title of proud DOoD!

Finally! A brother in arms!

Originally Posted by darkflemish
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Jeff is streaming... wink

http://www.twitch.tv/nordentipwel

He's playing Darkest Dungeon (early access)

@Jeff how is the game? I've been on the fence for quite some time....

Last edited by WereMikhail; 04/10/15 08:27 AM. Reason: Added a whole lot of text after reading everyone's posts haha
OP Offline
And this is completely irrelevant to all things Larian, but I wanted to say I finally beat Batman : Arkham Knight with 100% completion. Which happens to be mandatory for getting the real, true ending.

Man those Riddler trophies are devinitely annoying.

Now I can either start getting to bed early or playing something else ! =)

What? Really?...But I don't do "100%". D:

Steam ID: RvnBlk
GOG ID: GRANKYZ
----------------------------
Devine Order of Devinity
Discord Divinity Original Sin Lobby
addict
addict
Was not Batman terrible annoying to beat with 100% completion? I heard it is quite a chore.

Totally is. Even more in this episode I felt. Arkham Asylum is still my favorite out of the three because of the more intimate setting, the much more pronounced Metroidvania inspiration, and the fact the Riddler riddles were varied and not very annoying, while at the same time being a bit challenging.

In City there were like 200 trophies, the "riddles" ( the best part imho, which is scanning the environnement to find a reference to the Batman universe, based on a riddle, like "Its far from PURRFECT, but she calls it home". The answer will be finding Catwoman's home and taking a picture of it ) were challenging but still visible. The trophies though were a real grind : they literally covered the map and you'd need all tech to be able to get them. Fortunately they were still easy to spot.

In Origins... Let's forget about Origins shall we? It was just a lesser City. Nothing new, a complete grind with a bad story and bad storytelling, they even succeeded in messing up the combat system while not adding anything relevant to it.

And Knight, at last : 243 trophies/riddles/etc before you could summon the Riddler. Riddles are on the verge of pixel hunting, small things hidden in an otherwise ultra detailled environnement ; trophies are somehow hard to spot, there are now races, batmobiles challenges... Yeah it's kind of a chore. Even unlocking all the locations on the map is slightly more annoying.
Not to mention that in order to reach 100% you also have to complete ALL secondary missions, and there are, like, MANY, with varying degrees of frustrations and difficulty. Frak you, you tank mayhem missions. I had to go back to the goold ol' mouse to be reactive and accurate enough to beat them.

Knight really has a great story and storytelling though.

Originally Posted by ravensRblack

When you get to the "regular" ending, the game starts a kind of counter which only progress each time your reach 100% in a secondary mission. When everything is at 100, you can summon the real, final ending. So ... Either get ready for a looong session, or summon your dear friend Youtube :p

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
journeyman
journeyman
Hey everyone, just coming back to the forums after ~a year of absence laugh

Spiegelberg! He, Spiegelberg! Die Bestie hoert nicht.
OP Offline

When you get to the "regular" ending, the game starts a kind of counter which only progress each time your reach 100% in a secondary mission. When everything is at 100, you can summon the real, final ending. So ... Either get ready for a looong session, or summon your dear friend Youtube :p

243!? (eye twitches)

YouTube it is.

Devine Order of Devinity
addict
addict
Huh, question for those who saw the Martian.
Are there any references to someone loosing their father in the movie ?

I was planning to watch it with my buddy, but he just lost his father to the floodings in France, so, yeah, you know, I think it would be a bad idea to try and cheer him up with a movie that could even remotely hint at that drama.

Click to reveal..
stranger
stranger

I was planning to watch it with my buddy, but he just lost his father to the floodings in France, so, yeah, you know, I think it would be a bad idea to try and cheer him up with a movie that could even remotely hint at that drama.

You are incredibly considerate...I don't know whether there are any references to a father though. Haven't seen it yet.
But as someone that has lost his father earlier this year...even the smallest details will remind him of that event. It's something...that I'd say changes you.
In any case...I thank you already for him to be so foreseeing. You're a good man.
Hopefully someone else will be able to give you a better answer.

OP Offline
I just played video games for 8 hours and now my right arm hurts. My only break was for lunch.

I'm a responsible adult.

Devine Order of Devinity
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Geralt of Rivia
Btw to anyone interested seeing how Thomas looks I found him while re-watching Divinity Original Sin 1 kickstarter videos.

https://youtu.be/TKAt1dhqoDY?t=380

THOMAS!!! The Swen's squire.
I finally know how he looks laugh .

God save our Queen Char!

My favorite combo: Shackles of Pain + Charm + Whip ;-)
journeyman
journeyman

Hey Dr Koin. I saw the film the other day. I think you're pretty safe in that regard. It is a real rollercoaster of emotions, but I struggle to remember anything about a parent or guardian passing in the book and film.

P.s. hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm still in London after watching the NFL here.

Steam ID: ThePenguinK1d
addict
addict
Originally Posted by WereMikhail
You are incredibly considerate...I don't know whether there are any references to a father though. Haven't seen it yet.
But as someone that has lost his father earlier this year...even the smallest details will remind him of that event. It's something...that I'd say changes you.
In any case...I thank you already for him to be so foreseeing. You're a good man.
Hopefully someone else will be able to give you a better answer.

Thanks for the kind words. As this is the story of a man isolated on Mars, one may fear the character will come back to Earth only to learn of his relatives' passing - it happens in quite a few SciFi movies I won't name in order to avoid spoilers !

Originally Posted by The Penguin K1d

Hey Dr Koin. I saw the film the other day. I think you're pretty safe in that regard. It is a real rollercoaster of emotions, but I struggle to remember anything about a parent or guardian passing in the book and film.

P.s. hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm still in London after watching the NFL here.

Thanks for the answer, Pen' ! It should safe to watch then. We'll see whenever he comes back, if he feels like it.

Click to reveal..
stranger
stranger
I just played video games for 8 hours and now my right arm hurts. My only break was for lunch.

I'm a responsible adult.

As a fellow responsible adult I , sir, envy your commitment... and that you have the time for such commitment!

Steam ID: Sabuu
Join the Discord server! Courtesy of MechSoldier
Proud member of the Brotherhood of norD
addict
addict

I'm a responsible adult.

YOU SHOULD TOTALLY BE ASHAMED THOUGH

Click to reveal..
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Sabuu
As a fellow responsible adult I , sir, envy your commitment... and that you have the time for such commitment!

It's been awhile since I did absolutely "nothing" on a weekend. Dull pain aside, it was so worth it.

Since you were the one who convinced me to play TSW, the blame rests on you.

Devine Order of Devinity
LordW #570785 04/10/15 09:29 PM
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
BTW that blog was really nice, could you maybe write a little bit more about your experience at ubisoft? I really would like to read that.

If you haven't saw, here you go : https://jfgnord.wordpress.com/

addict
addict

Since you were the one who convinced me to play TSW, the blame rests on you.

Very well miss, very well. You get away easy this time...
Erm.

Click to reveal..
norD #570791 04/10/15 10:42 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by norD
BTW that blog was really nice, could you maybe write a little bit more about your experience at ubisoft? I really would like to read that.

If you haven't saw, here you go : https://jfgnord.wordpress.com/

Great post, thanks.

It's really sad when you read stuff about Ubisoft and people almost never differentiate between the people who work for the company and their personal opinion about the games or even only some very top-level management decisions. Many people sadly fail to see that probably 99% of all people working at Ubisoft just want to create the best games possible and that criticizing the studio in the way it's often done on the internet must really hurt them. It became really "en vogue" in the past few years to just literally bash everything Ubisoft, on a level even Activision never experienced. It must be really a nice breath of fresh air for you to actually see people on the internet to appreciate the stuff for and the company you work in for sure... smile

WOOS
Page 19 of 42 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 41 42

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard