Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
journeyman
journeyman
It's mostly the 4th and last act thats bad. I think the unofficial patch fixes that segment and unlocks the content, they never finished. The guy who makes it still releases updates to the patch now and then. I've have actually not played it fully with the patches. Tried a while back, but lost interested, because I've simply over played it.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by Baardvark
The game really is designed to be played with friends anyway (though whether there's more or less awkward than your character's romance with strangers is debatable).

Well, yes and no I'd say. IIRC there was an interview in which Larian admitted that 85-90% of all people who beought DOS only played the game in SP.

So designing the game exclusively for co-op with SP being a big afterthought would imo be a HUGE mistake given the simple fact that the overwhelming majority of their fans and actual players want a nice SP experience.

I can only suggest that Larian concentrates on the SP at least as much as on the MP because in the end, that's what a lot of people are interested in, with many of them never even touching the MP aspect.

Based on that line of thought I think that adding specific SP elements to the game would be a good and very appreciated idea, having deeper relationships between the player and his companions being among that. We have competitive question for co-op and that's awesome - for people who want to play the game in co-op. For the 85-90% of gamers who are interested in the SP there should be elements that make up for that. A serious and carefully implemented relationship system (which could include romance) would imo be a very fitting system that pretty much only works in SP. There is nothing wrong with that.

If you ask me, DOS 2 can be as much a SP game as it can be a co-op/MP game - if Larian only wants it to be that way. If they concentrate too much on the latter aspect they will alienate a lot of their fans though, by the way the same people they tried to attract with all the talk about the more serious writing, the inclusion of people like MCA and so on. They claimed that DOS 2 is meant to become their BG 2 - and honestly, that rises a lot of expectations for a lot of people.

Bottom line, I'm all in for a proper relationship system that includes shades of love and hate, if it's properly made (and I trust Larian enough to think that they are able to do so), even if it's a SP-only feature.

Exactly. I myself am an SP guy. Though i was kinda disappointed in the companion story, interaction and depth thingy in D:OS, i still accepted it and enjoyed the game. Larian shouldn't ignore the SP elements, it does make up for the bulk of the content in a RPG and its evident in BG2 how important it is.

M
stranger
stranger
M
WhIle I can understand where you guys are coming from, there are literally no games that exist where your characters can have ANY sort of relationship in multiplayer. Heck most games just assume one player is the hero and ignore the existence of the other players. It's kind of jarring when you're playing with friends and you aren't allowed to have your characters interact. Ever.

That's why I'm hopeful that the rivalry/friendship AND romance system is for single player and multiplayer. Just because it would be more fun for people like me who do play co-op exlusively. I mean, my options for playing co op rpgs with my boyfriend that aren't just hack and slash games...Uh...The old infinity engine games...NWN...NWN2...And that's it.

I would be fine with set companions that people playing multiplayer can't acess or something. BUT I would be at the very least disappointed if the relationship system was SP only. (And remember guys BG2 did have co op. It was very bare bones co op but it still existed. >.>)

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Malkavianqueen
WhIle I can understand where you guys are coming from, there are literally no games that exist where your characters can have ANY sort of relationship in multiplayer. Heck most games just assume one player is the hero and ignore the existence of the other players. It's kind of jarring when you're playing with friends and you aren't allowed to have your characters interact. Ever.

That's why I'm hopeful that the rivalry/friendship AND romance system is for single player and multiplayer. Just because it would be more fun for people like me who do play co-op exlusively. I mean, my options for playing co op rpgs with my boyfriend that aren't just hack and slash games...Uh...The old infinity engine games...NWN...NWN2...And that's it.

I would be fine with set companions that people playing multiplayer can't acess or something. BUT I would be at the very least disappointed if the relationship system was SP only. (And remember guys BG2 did have co op. It was very bare bones co op but it still existed. >.>)

Don't worry. They have already showcased that in multiplayer you can interact in-game. You have always a few choices what to say/do and in SP the NPC character will pick one depending on your actions etc. so I think that it was build for multiplayer but that tool will be superbly used in singleplayer. At least I hope it will be like that in end.

SteamID: LordW (https://steamcommunity.com/id/LordW1984)
Devine Order of Devinity

Larian made DoS 1 then DoS EE and now they are doing DoS 2, that is 3 games... DIVINITY 3 is comfirmed guys!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard