Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 42 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 41 42
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by Dr Koin
Dang! And it's all of you english speakers ?
Ah well ! I guess I'll have to stick to the forum. I have a hell of a hard time understanding spoken english, not to mention that, if Jeff finds its own accent horrible, I have no idea how to qualify mine =)

I'm zure you speek ze goud engliss man.

norD #571448 10/10/15 06:13 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by norD
Dang! And it's all of you english speakers ?
Ah well ! I guess I'll have to stick to the forum. I have a hell of a hard time understanding spoken english, not to mention that, if Jeff finds its own accent horrible, I have no idea how to qualify mine =)

I'm zure you speek ze goud engliss man.

I am from germany and I work at a university. There are people from all over the world, so we speak english most of the time. But there is no native english speaker in our group, so I have no idea how well I would understand "normal" people.

I was on vacation in norway, and everyone spoke better english than my english teacher at school. In Berlin I spoke to somebody from the UK and I had problems to understand anything.

to the french speakers:
I had french at school, but I have forgotten everything.
My conclusion: It is art, but I do not know how people can understand this.
Can`t you just leave away half of the letters of most words. You do not speak them anyway. Like the actor Jean Reno vs the car Renault who sound the same.
Please do not get angry. I am not against you or your language. Its just that I had really big problems to learn it at school.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
this comment seems to be ripped out of context

addict
addict
French is known for being one of the most difficult language, so somehow I'm lucky to be French in the first place. Gives me a heads-up I guess! We have a complex and rich vocabulary with very few compound words, making it a very accurate language ( I heard it was even favored for official multi-language discussions in politics and foreign affairs because it prevented misunderstandings, but I never found proof of that ).
English is very easy despite a few traps here and there. German is easy to grasp grammarwise, but overall wording is hard : so many letters, and a general harsh, very sharp diction/pronunciation.

But yeah, a lot of 'useless' letters in some of our words. Reno/Renault are names though, which is even so different. And they aren't pronunced the same actually... Even if the difference is in the "e" of the first syllable =)

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I was taught French at school. I was rubbish at it. Je n'aime pas... er... une bi鑽e, s'il vous plait, and stuff. Somehow I've managed to get away with it when visiting France. I've no idea how.

I was also taught German at school. By a German. I also lived next door to a German. My cousin is German. But I'm rubbish at German.

I was taught English at school. An English school. In England. By an English teacher who was English. I'm English. I was born in an English town. And I'm rubbish at English too.

Some of us just have no aptitude for languages. Or anything else, in my case.

Vom, proudly inept.

J'aime le fromage.
i was taught latin... thats some weird language...
and i enjoyed learning finnish for a while cus i love the language and sound

apart from that im very happy with speaking german and english enough for surviving

journeyman
journeyman
I had to chose between Latin and French, needless to say that I chose Latin :P

@norD Koennte ich bitte ein Bier haben? wink

EDIT: God, why can't this forum accept "special" letters used by various countries ouch

Last edited by Razzmann; 10/10/15 07:29 PM.

Spiegelberg! He, Spiegelberg! Die Bestie hoert nicht.
veteran
veteran
I had english as first foreign language since 5th grade.
I had to chose a second one. I wanted to learn latin, but there were not enough people.
So I had to chose between french and russian. I chose french because it has the same letters as german and english.

German and latin are complicated but also logic. (OK, there are many strange things in german and I do not know latin.) I have no problems with complicated things as long as they follow some logic rules. Please remove all irregular verbs out of all languages wink .

I have heard that iran has the most simple language. But I do not know it.

Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
By the way: If you donï½´t know what to do know, you can watch the ironman on Hawaii live.

Lazy me runs only marathons (without swimming and biking before), but a friend is biking there at the moment.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Razzmann
EDIT: God, why can't this forum accept "special" letters used by various countries ouch

I'm going with the theory that it's to spite the Walloons. laugh

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Razzmann

The character set used by the forum to store posts is set to something different than that used to post and display. That happened the last time the forum software was updated; old posts were displayed properly, but new posts and any old posts that were edited would have a problem.

Forums text display bug

i dont think latin is logic :P not to me

veteran
veteran
Why does can`t work but don`t not?

strange, when I tried again don`t works.

Last edited by Madscientist; 10/10/15 09:45 PM.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by skodone
i dont think latin is logic :P not to me

OK, the only latin lesson I have ever seen was in life of brian, when brian wants to write "romans go home" on a wall.

u like the double posting eh ^^

stranger
stranger
i have been encouraged by the many backers from the comments section to divert my attention post-KS to this forum... as such have created an account and am warming up to role-playing antics as i am completely new to this affair.

i have yet to have played D:OS nor any sort of CRPG, hence will be looking forward to playing D:OS EE when it comes out. :)

aka: nihiLignator

"It wasn't your skill that won this fight! But rather, it was the strength of that machine!"
addict
addict
Originally Posted by naisSHEEPI
i have been encouraged by the many backers from the comments section to divert my attention post-KS to this forum...)

It was a trap! Flee! FLEE! Before the Tea Drinkers use your soul to stir their dark drinks and eat it at breakfast !

Click to reveal..
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by skodone
u like the double posting eh ^^

When I write about 2 things that are completely unrelated, I think it is better to write it in 2 different posts.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by naisSHEEPI
i have been encouraged by the many backers from the comments section to divert my attention post-KS to this forum...)

It was a trap! Flee! FLEE! Before the Tea Drinkers use your soul to stir their dark drinks and eat it at breakfast !

He's luring you to a false sense of security. Dr.Koin is the worst of us tea-drinkers.

Steam ID: RvnBlk
GOG ID: GRANKYZ
----------------------------
Devine Order of Devinity
----------------------------
Discord Divinity Original Sin Lobby
addict
addict
Originally Posted by ravensRblack
He's luring you to a false sense of security. Dr.Koin is the worst of us tea-drinkers.

Am not.

Click to reveal..
Page 35 of 42 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 41 42

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard