Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Thiev
Originally Posted by FluteDog
Hello Larian community and thanks for delivering us fan this great game! I have a few questions though.

The premise is that my friends and I (4 people, total) play D:OS with a 4 player mod and a 4 custom character mod. We are having an amazing time and would love to experience this again in D:EE. It is my understanding that D:EE will not support 4 player cooperation mode, only two. Correct me if I am wrong. I was wondering if:

1. Will D:EE use the same workshop as D:OS, or separate workshop?
2. Will mods from D:OS be compatible with DD:EE? In other words, can we just transfer the .pak file and play together with 4 player cooperation?
3. Is there anything else we need to know concerning mods, transferring mods, and D:OS and D:EE compatibility in general?

There will need to be an update to the editor.
Since the structure of the EE changed, D:OS mods will very likely not be compatible.

I tried searching for the NumPlayers term to see if the hex edit method to enable 4 player co-op would work, but couldn't find it.

Thanks. Can I get confirmation from a developer please?

Last edited by FluteDog; 06/10/15 12:45 AM.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Thiev
I was just wondering if there might be such change in EE that some people would prefer the original version instead.

Everyone still on a 32 bit version of Windows or with a pre DirectX 11 video card that can not be upgraded will prefer the original (though dual booting Linux might help in either case).
In terms of content, I suppose there could be some people disappointed with changes to certain skills, etc, but I wouldn't expect anything like that which would outweigh all the other changes.

Originally Posted by Octu
By the way, Will Zandalor's Trunks be enhanced in this edition? =)

I'm not sure if any dialogue was added for them.

Originally Posted by FluteDog
Thanks. Can I get confirmation from a developer please?

Patches for D:OS required updates to the editor. Patches for D:OS that changed file structure broke many mods. There is no way the much more extensive changes in the EE will not require an editor update or will be likely to maintain mod compatibility.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Raze

Patches for D:OS required updates to the editor. Patches for D:OS that changed file structure broke many mods. There is no way the much more extensive changes in the EE will not require an editor update or will be likely to maintain mod compatibility.

In addition to keeping the workshop separate, you should create another SKU for the new editor whenever you release it. Divinity Editor Enhanced, or something.

Separate entry in the list.

journeyman
journeyman
I've noticed pre-orders for DOS:EE on consoles comes with a new DLC pack: The Last Trick Bag. Will this DLC also be available on PC?

Support
Support

No. From the Kickstarter comments:
At the moment the Last Trick bag is a pre-order incentive for console versions only. It's a required thing to get certain levels of visibility in the console distribution world. There's no plans to put it on PC right now, but if there's really a demand, we could probably look into it over time.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I've just played a few hours(more than few, really :P) and discovered the beauty of DOS on my friend's computer. I really like DOS but the DOS:EE is coming soon so I'm wondering what would be the price of the Enhanced Edition. The Pre-order on the consoles are $60, will it be the same for PC?

Support
Support

It will not be the same, AFAIK, but the PC price has not been announced.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Raze

It will not be the same, AFAIK, but the PC price has not been announced.

Thanks for the reply, do you recommend going through DO then only play the EE?

Support
Support

At this point you might as well wait for the EE to play, unless you have a lot of free time in the next couple weeks and want to play D:OS, or are curious to see the differences between the two.

stranger
stranger
I have seen the new EE trailer, but it only mention the PS4 and Xone version available on Oct. 27. Is the PC (Win,Osx,Linux) version still on track?

Thanks

MaVster
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by maVster
I have seen the new EE trailer, but it only mention the PS4 and Xone version available on Oct. 27. Is the PC (Win,Osx,Linux) version still on track?

Thanks

I would very much like to know this as well!

I backed D:OS2 at the level where I get both a copy of the EE version as well as D:OS2 and was wondering when we would get the key to be able to play the EE version of the first one.

I've never played the first one so I'd LOVE to get my hands on it asap :D:D:D

Support
Support

Yes, AFAIK the PC version is still on track.

There will be a Kickstarter update when the reward management site is set up in the next couple of weeks about that and how to choose a Steam or GOG key for the EE, if applicable.

stranger
stranger
Raze,

I made it through page 7 before I couldn't stomach another woe-is-me post from Luckmann so I skipped to the end, therefore I don't know if anyone has asked about a Mac editor.

First of all I would like to reiterate that no one was "cheated" who received exactly what was promised: the game and, in many of our cases, the Kickstarter extras. Anything else is a bonus but not a right. Having said that, I was extremely disappointed that Mac users did not get the Divinity Editor (I bet Luckmann did - is THAT fair?)

Please tell me that Mac users haven't been ignored again!

Support
Support

While parts of the editor are being rewritten and extended for D:OS 2, I don't know if the changes made thus far remain compatible with the EE (let alone replace all the Windows only components). Even if it were compatible, switching over to a work in progress editor branch while trying to finalize the game would be a tad risky.
Unfortunately, the editor has not been ported to OSX, and Windows remains the primary development platform.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I got nothing to complain or ask, I just wanted to post how incredibly anxious I am to get the EE and replay/rediscover this beauty of a game !
Only 1 week left, can't wait, wish you luck and a smooth endspurt as well as many sales on the consoles and PC.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I just have to reload DOS again from Steam and wait for the EE version.

stranger
stranger
It is confirmed that Mac and Linux version will arrive in December......I was hoping to be able to play on the 27th.....:(

MaVster
B
stranger
stranger
B
today i got my ps4 version from amazon. feels great to play!
but i wonder why it has no trophies ... i already downloaded the 1.01 patch but it still has no trophies ...

stranger
stranger
Just bough a new 12 macbook which has an intel hd 5300 graphic card.......do you guys think is it enough to decently play DOS:EE?

MaVster
B
stranger
stranger
B
a 5300 should not be strong enough to handle dos. maybe in low settings u can achieve some mediocre fps.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard