Print Thread
R
Rokkr Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Camera/movement is very choppy and hurts my eyes

My character animations look very smooth, but as soon as I walk or move the camera, everything else becomes choppy. The background kind of stutters as the camera pans and it is causing a lot of eye strain. I致e also noticed that as long as no one walks the game looks great, but when an npc walks their movement is choppy.

No matter what settings I adjust in-game or through my video card, the choppiness remains. I tried using the FPS Limiter software as recommended in other threads/forums, changing various settings, and nothing helps. Has anyone fixed this issue?

Specs:

I7-4790k 4.0 GHz
GTX 980 OC ACX 2.0 4GB
16GB RAM
Win7 Ultimate

Support
Support

I assume you tried setting Distance Rendering to low and enable time slice shadows in the graphics options, enable LockStepMode, etc? Unfortunately, it sounds like you've already gone through most of the things reported to have helped others with this issue.

If you haven't seen them already [EDIT: I think you have; I just saw your post in the Steam forum], check out the topic cant get over 7fps and the links it contains, and maybe the D2:ED topics below.

Choppy game - possible fix

For people with stuttering graphics

I don't know if it might theoretically help, but you could try the 4GB Patch to increase the amount of virtual memory that the game (or any 32 bit application) can access in 64 bit versions of Windows.

Last edited by Raze; 25/10/15 03:44 AM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard