Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
M
stranger
stranger
M
Another deception.
I wonder if I'll get to play this game before it's available as 'budget'.
The reasons given are probably sensible, but some other devs were able to do simultaneous release (I don't think inxile or obsidian had any experience in linux dev either).
What's really problematic in my opinion, is not the delay (but well... _one year_!). Instead, it's the lack of communication on the subject. I was still believing what was said just recently, that the linux version would happen now. Only after release announce, when trying to download, do I discovered it's not there.
Communicate!

Last edited by mleduque; 27/10/15 07:52 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by mleduque
Only after release announce, when trying to download, do I discovered it's not there.
Communicate!

Same for me!

Support
Support

The delay with the Mac and Linux versions was announced in last week's Kickstarter updates for D:OS and D:OS 2.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I'm very sorry, I wasn't aware of that news, though #75 catched my focus.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Well I'm not a backer (shame on me!). And I follow the devblog rss but it's kind of dead.
No I'm not on twitter or facebook.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
oh Raze you ARE defeating there mistakes. you must get money from them to do that.

there are so many fails larian did, i don't want to count them all.
in the end, 1 (and a half) year later, we still have no linux and mac version.
i don't care about "middleware" problems and all the other fu**ing weasel words, it was planned from the beginning to support mac and linux. there have to plan with that.

there have developed an "enhanched" edition in the meantime, there have developed a ps4 edition and a xbox one edition but still lacking there promises.(btw. first time for larian to bring a game to a sony console, and first game for the xbone)

and another btw.. "available now on ps4, xbox one and pc"
PC means personal computer, not windows !

but hey, it's from belgium, nothing new for a german wink

M
stranger
stranger
M
I don't think there is a need for personal attacks, or even that it would help for anything.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by mleduque
I don't think there is a need for personal attacks, or even that it would help for anything.

there is no personal attack, just facts, i don't want to offend anyone

E
stranger
stranger
E
i'd like to attack larian personally but that would probably just get me banned from the forum. as it stands i'm more than disappointed... releasing a console port before promised linux? sure, it will make them more money and that's just about all they really care about.

this consolification needs to stop. wasteland 2 did that just a few weeks ago and produced a downgrade while ignore glaring bugs... at least they had a linux version from the getgo.

there's no excuse for this break of trust and i'm mad at myself to buy into the hype of d:os 2. well knowing there won't ever be a linux version for that game. This time they only got the minimum out of me... and i still regret backing them again.

Last edited by eNTi; 04/11/15 01:34 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Hey Raze,

could you possibly update us regarding the Linux version progress? Will there be a beta in which we could participate as well?

Have a nice time,
cRaZy

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by "cRaZy-bisCuiT"
Will there be a beta in which we could participate as well?

Judging by the state of the windows version, yes, we'll all get the chance to play the beta. Unless we wait for the first couple patches ...

C
stranger
stranger
C
The Linux depot does exist on Steam already. Allthough there's no data inside (9 b) while there're encrypted testing Repos. You might want to check out [1].

[1] https://steamdb.info/app/373420/depots/

Last edited by cRaZy-bisCuiT; 19/11/15 10:45 AM.
Any new news? December is tomorrow.

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
Support
Support

There is no ETA yet. There is a patch in the works, though, which should be released in a couple weeks, I'd guess (no official ETA). Presumably the Mac and Linux versions would be released after that update.

G
addict
addict
G
For all those 7 Linux addicts
- it could be cheaper for Larian to send all of you a Windows licence than pay a develop team for Linux version.

Looking for patch. I hope you have addressed all the skills, talents, dual wands balance issues generally. also combat getting easy and easier toward ends.

Last edited by gGeo; 01/12/15 12:46 AM.
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by "Raze"
There is no ETA yet. There is a patch in the works, though, which should be released in a couple weeks, I'd guess (no official ETA). Presumably the Mac and Linux versions would be released after that update.
Honestly, I am glad that I only bought D:OS half a year after release (still at full price, though), and I guess I'd also wait some more before playing the EE, even if it would be released today.

Originally Posted by "gGeo"
- it could be cheaper for Larian to send all of you a Windows licence than pay a develop team for Linux version.
I do have a Windows license, I just chose to not install it on my new PC.

old hand
old hand
Swen gave a little update on his Twitter feed.

Both Mac & Linux are ready but still being tested. When that's done we'll release them - definitely this month

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
Originally Posted by gGeo
- it could be cheaper for Larian to send all of you a Windows licence than pay a develop team for Linux version..

Linux Addicts? We have are those freed from your Windows addiction. Microsoft and Windows are a disease! You'll be hard pressed to find a Linux user who wasn't once a Windows user first.

Last edited by nstgc; 10/12/15 04:33 PM.

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Kickstarter

Mark your calendar for October 27th.

Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition will be out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One on October 27. Mac and Linux will be right on their tail, arriving at the beginning of December as we finalise the ports. We know it's been quite a wait, but it'll be worth it!

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/1388342

So where is that Linux version anyway?

Source: This threads title

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
December is practically over (work-wise) and again no Linux version. Unfortunately, I have to add "as expected". Larian cannot be trusted.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard