Next Thread
Print Thread
#572316 28/10/15 03:40 AM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
So every time I try to start a new game either in Single Player mode or Multi Player mode, it won't let me in because of "connection failed". But my internet connections are fine, Steam connection are fine, even disabled my firewall and nothing it just wont let me start a game.

To prove that my connection is fine it does let me join any one of those players created room/lobby

Can anyone help?

Last edited by Penumakron; 28/10/15 03:40 AM.
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Hm.. this is very strange. This may sound weird, but try running the game (single player obviously) with your network cable unplugged and/or wifi disabled.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Nehm89 Yes it is very strange indeed.. I tried various other Steam games in my library and all of them play no problem. Right now I am re-downloading the game to re-install it. I will try again and will try your advice. All this anticipation and on the first day, you can't even play arrrggghhh

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Off-topic: I am happy that I've had a bug-free experience thus far, but I have to wait for my wife to play. frown

Good luck, I hope the reinstall fixes it.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Well I'll be damned... The only way i could get the game to finally start in single player mode was with my internet shut-off. That is so weird. Of course if I play with Steam disabled, then no achievements or cloud saves... So is the issue with Steam? Should I contact the support there?

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
I don't think it's Steam, as there is another user (I believe you posted in his thread) who has the GoG version and has the same issue.

Try getting back into the game with your internet on this time? This would be really confusing if it worked, as the game should be DRM free.

Edit: In fact, I'm able to freely copy and paste my Enhanced Edition (steam version) game files from PC to PC without even having Steam installed or open on the new PC and I can run the game just fine.

Last edited by Nehm89; 28/10/15 05:16 AM.
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I think I found it and can't explain why it doesn't work. I have 2 network cards on my PC. The basic one that came with the PC and a Bigfoot Network card which was the thing 4 years ago when I bought this PC. I always been connected to my Bigfoot card but just tried on the basic network card and it works no problem

Bottom line looks like there is some kind of issue with that Bigfoot network card that prevents me from connecting to the game. I could not even guess what it is

From now on sticking with the realtek card and screw bigfoot hehehe

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Penumakron
Bigfoot Network card

AFAIK this was a problem with the original game as well.
In single player you basically connect to a server that the game creates locally, however the connection won't work for some reason if you have a Bigfoot NIC.

Support
Support

I'm glad you got it working.
I forgot about this until you mentioned Bigfoot, but Killer Networks NICs caused a similar issue during the D:OS beta for a couple people, though there was a fix (see here). In that case the game just went back to the main menu; there was not connection error.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard