Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#572469 28/10/15 01:47 PM
OP Offline
Message from Larian on facebook ))

We did a little experiment yesterday with the release of Divinity-Original Sin - Enhanced Edition to discover if people actually do read end user license agreements (EULA's).

Our EULA on Steam included the following phrase: "16. Special Consideration. A special consideration in material or immaterial form may be awarded to the first 100 authorized licensees to actually read this section of the EULA and contact LARIAN STUDIOS at info@larian.com. This offer can be withdrawn by LARIAN STUDIOS at any time."

We're telling you now because the results are in and it turns out that you in fact do read these things. Our lawyer feels good about this.

He's also revoking the consideration because we're making him pay for every mail we get well

Last edited by ChavaiotH; 28/10/15 01:52 PM.
addict
addict
Haha. That's funny. smile

I never read those things though. It's my firm belief that only lawyers and law students read EULAs.

OP Offline
Once not read and sell the soul to the devil.
lol

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Arhu
Haha. That's funny. smile

I never read those things though. It's my firm belief that only lawyers and law students read EULAs.

South Park did an episode about this with Apple EULAs.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Hey! Why is it not also within the Eula at GOG? That EULA seems to have nothing to do with the Game or Larian itself... Maybe that's the answer.

*chuckles* Neat, curse myself for not bothering to read it for a change smile

I'm curious what people got (or didn't get) for finding it.

A
A
The irony to have this in the Eula of a publisher that I actually trust without reading their Eula ;-)

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard