Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hey Larian Studios! Congrats on getting Enhanced Edition out the door, loving all of the changes.

In the original release of Divinity: OS, you were able to edit a value in one of the .pak files for the main campaign to enable 4 players. Unfortunately it appears that the method no longer works in the Enhanced Edition.

FWIW, the value you could edit previously was attribute id="NumPlayers". This was done via the following method: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=280039791 using a hex editor.

I'd love to get the game up and running with a few friends by the time the weekend rolls around, so any input from the devs would be greatly appreciated!

B
stranger
stranger
B
Guys, really. We understanding that enabling 4-player coop is not is way you selected for game, but really, there was fun. I played that way with my friend and we was going to play EE together but you cut out that bug(feature). Pleeeeeese, retunt it to game ASAP.

N
addict
addict
N
The file is still there, but Main.pak is now compressed so you cannot hex edit the NumPlayers attribute that easily.
You'll have to unpack the PAK, modify Meta.lsx and re-compress Main.pak.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Agreed. At the least make it so we can mod the game to have 4 players somewhat easily. I have 2 other friends that want to play together, and playing 2 games in parallel is exhausting!

apprentice
apprentice
4 player is HUGE for me too. I wish Larian knew this from the start.

*spoiler* ... and frankly having finished the game 3 times now. There's really NO real reason why its just 2 players.

M
stranger
stranger
M
We just started DOS as a 3 player game, and got to the White Witch. We're hoping to get access to a 4 player co-op game in EE soon, so we can continue in that game!

I'd even take an ETA on the editor, that would at least let us know when we COULD see a 4 player mod.

apprentice
apprentice
Mattius ... unfortunately you can't continue your 3 player game in EE. Save games are not compatible.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Ah yes, I meant, pick up playing DOS:EE, as hopefully we havent gotten to deep in to the story in our DOS game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Has anyone even found a way to extract the .pak:s yet? I'd like to see if it's even possible to get mods to work now. I tried to do some simple texture replacement using old D:OS files, but it doesn't work, leading me to believe that even if you were able to extract the .pak:s and put them in the right folders in the Data directory, it wouldn't load them properly.

Either that, or they changed texture naming conventions, which I'd consider unlikely. Either way, I can't check, because I can't extract the .pak:s.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
FWIW, the guy who figured out the original method is looking for a fix for EE. His progress can be tracked here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=280039791. There's also some progress being made here: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=572610#Post572610.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard