Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
N
stranger
stranger
N
I think all the other games I have on xbox are server based, I can't think of any other peer to peer games I have except for Divinity, with that being said we did try and play without our routers hooked up and it still was not letting me join. Both me and my friend have comcast so I don't know if it might be a problem with our ISP. Thank you tho for the response and I hope something is found on this issue!

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
bump

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
Same here and we both have comcast as well.

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
My buddy and I also have Comcast.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hello Raze,

Thank you for finally commenting on the topic.

I must say I find this to be a very lackluster response. This isn't a minor bug, this is a significant problem with this title. Online co-op is a large part of the functionality of this game. And that isn't my opinion... I actually have no idea what value online co-op adds to this game because for me it has never worked and I have never experienced online play (and no, I wasn't trying to host while playing single player). I have the understanding that online co-op is an important feature of this title because it was so heavily emphasized in commercials, advertisements, pre-launch youtube videos... it is even on the cover. Important enough to list right next to the name of the game and winner of 150 awards.

I might be a little more understanding if I felt I had purchased an indie title, but y'all decided to put your big boy pants on and charge $60. Compounding the high price, I purchased two copies, because the entire point was to experience the game online (combined, I have now invested $120 dollars in this title).

To restate, with online functionality so important (you made me think it is important through your advertisements) and with a triple-A game price tag, online functionality needs to work.

Your response indicates that there is a better way to handle online play. It is fairly well known that peer to peer can be problematic, but that was still the design route taken. Why would a company so heavily pushing the value of online play make the choice to use a less reliable online mechanic? Why can't online play be handled by servers? Is it due to the cost of maintaining servers? Again, this was a full priced title. Is it too late? Is peer to peer too deeply embedded in the games code to change to server based multiplayer at this stage?

I will end with a story.

After attempting to connect and play with my brother in a variety of ways last night, with my xbox headset still on, I switched the source of my television over to cable. My brother, also feeling defeated, headed to his computer to open a chat with Microsoft support to ensure they knew this title wasn't working. Lo and behold, an advertisement for Divinity EE comes on the channel I was watching and guess what is mentioned, online coop! My brother seemed to enjoy the irony.

We want nothing more than to play this game. If I hadn't already made this clear, the only thing in the whole world I want right now is for this to get fixed. But if the response is simply "Peer to peer connections can have more trouble than server based" then I will be "looking into" the best way to ensure everyone knows this title doesn't work as advertised.

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Bump

T
stranger
stranger
T
I kind of have to agree with divinityxboxoneu's post above. Its nice to see an official response at least acknowledging the issue, but it comes across a little apathetic. Saying they're looking into it, and then claiming its mostly user error (people incorrectly trying to play multiplayer from a singleplayer setup) makes it seem like this is a very low priority problem for them.

I'm no stranger to xbox live, I was playing the original Xbox through Xbox Connect, XBC, before xbox live even existed over 10 years ago, so I'm fairly confident in my ability to setup multiplayer games with the correct settings. No combination of settings has allowed me or my friend (both open NAT) to host or join any online game. We've tried at least a few times each night since the game launched with absolutely zero success.

There is definitely a problem and it is absolutely a game-breaking one for many of us. I don't mind when there's bugs or issues but the developer is completely transparent and apologetic about it. But it kinda seems like Larian is just trying to sweep this under the rug and hope the problem mysteriously resolves itself.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I purchased this game when it came out to play with my friend on Xbox One, via Xbox live.
Although we have no other issues with other games, this one would not allow us to join each other, failing to connect each time. As of tonight, the problem persists. I'm constantly reminded of the definition of insanity being trying something over and over again and expecting a different result. . .

We can connect to randoms, other friends, et cetera, without issue. The problem is specifically linked to us and only us, which is a shame because I only wanted to play it with him and have therefore not yet played it.

Things we have tried and checked:
-- Each other being the host.
-- Going fully into the game (and checking the connectivity menu), and inviting through there.
-- Inviting via the game in its various options to invite, or through the Xbox home menus/party menus.
-- Joining each others games via the join menu
-- Opening our NATs. They were already open, as far as Xbox one said, but we each called our internet providers and had them make sure everything was open and ideal for gaming on the Xbox.
-- Calling our internet providers (see above), and discussing any issues with them.
-- Calling Microsoft help. Spent an hour on the phone with some dude, who worked us through several fixes, all of which failed, and he eventually said, quote, "I don't think there is anything I can do for you."
-- Unfriending each other, deleting our accounts from our xboxs, re-adding our accounts, and re-friending each other.
-- Reinstalling Divinity.
-- Creating new xbox live accounts, which also could not connect with each other.

Other notes:
-- We can connect with any and everyone else in this game.
-- We can connect with each other in every other game we play just fine.

Last edited by Geist; 01/11/15 09:26 AM.
X
apprentice
apprentice
X
Just go on the xbox.com and go to their live chat support. Explain the issue.

L
Lah Offline
stranger
stranger
L
I dont understand why no one have a solution for this its frustrating. My friend and I tried to play coop from the first day like you all and we just get the same error all the time. I hope this get fix soon

D
D.Black Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
One of the biggest "features" marketed for this game and it still doesn't work a week after launch. Larian fu**ing fix it already

Support
Support

Focus has had some success reproducing this problem in one case, and their QA and ours is coordinating to try to track down the cause.

A
stranger
stranger
A
So, me and my friend are having the same problem as you all and we've been watching this thread like hawks for we are very anxious to play this supposedly great coop experience. Now just like you we've been trying every possible way to work this problem out that we could come up with to the point where we were trying out rather ridiculous theories and far fetched ideas just in the hope that one of them would pan out.
Now the thing we noticed today is that every person that we can join and seems to be able to actually play a game in on-line coop, as proven by their lobby having 2/2 slots, is playing the game in French. This can be seen from the map. Most of them are playing on a map called Cys(é)al, the starting area, rather than the English Cyseal and another is playing a map called Bois de Luculla which I suppose would translate into something like forest of Luculla.
The question rises, is this a coincidence or have others noticed this as well, fellow players if you have noticed please leave a comment confirming this or pay attention to this when you are trying to get the game going next time. If there is some truth to this theory maybe it is something worth looking into by the devs as to where the problem lies and perhaps how it can be resolved.

As a final note to Raze and other moderators/Dev people reading this please note how I am calm and polite in this here post of mine, even hoping to be proposing some sort of solution and helping everyone out, despite getting a mail from your support center treating me like not getting the coop to work must mean I have feces for a brain (Seriously asking a person whether they have started a game in multiplayer rather than single player when trying to play coop is borderline insulting) for not a word requiring censorship was used. However if this issue is not addressed in some sort of satisfactory way within the next couple of days this will be the last title I will be purchasing from Larian studios and I will recommend to others to refrain as well using stronger language than I did here.

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
I've seen 2/2 on Cyseal

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
I've noticed the second player slot name has our name there as well, as if it were a single player game but it isn't.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Airhead0001
(Seriously asking a person whether they have started a game in multiplayer rather than single player when trying to play coop is borderline insulting)

No, it isn't. People have had the settings wrong. It isn't very common, but sometimes people do miss obvious things, and it is trivial to check. Regardless, after a couple email I did add a line after that question acknowledging that people would more than likely have already tried a new multiplayer game at some point.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hey Raze,

Just wanted to throw in my two cents here and try to help out a bit to give you a few more symptoms. My friend and I purchased digital copies of the game as well and can't connect. The other similarity is the number of lobbies that we can see is each other and one other person. Never at any time have we seen more then two lobbies each and as everyone above mentioned we tried all forms of connecting through the game and the Xbox UI. If your QA team needs someone in the "wild" to try something please let me know what I can do and if there anything in terms of information that I can provide. I just want to play this with a friend like most on the page.

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
Tried with another friend, no luck. Also I noticed that our rooms don't appear on the join list until AFTER we accept the invite then it pops up for a brief second. I still think the slit us blocked by the host thinking it's a single player game since both slots have the hosts name.

enthusiast
enthusiast
We have been actively looking into this issue since it was reported, but have not been able to reproduce it in an environment that allows us to debug what the issue is. So far this has only happened on retail versions of the game. We are doing our best to get this solved quickly.

So please keep providing any and all information that you have.

Could people experiencing this please again confirm that all reported cases have comcast internet, as this seems to be the only common thread so far?

C
stranger
stranger
C
nope i'm in Belgium and my operator is "voo", same as my friend.

Last edited by ciccio2aone; 03/11/15 01:22 PM.
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard