Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Out of curiosity for those people that helped back the original DD:OS game thru Kickstarter will these credits be added to the Enhanced Edition?

The reason I ask is most people will play the Enhanced Edition of the game and seems fair that it would be retroactive.

I had the very same question as I feel like being tricked out as the whole game, including the EE would have been never be possible.

If Larian wants to keep their credits manageable then they could add a button for their short internal credits and one for backers, maybe even with a simple sort/seach function by name because the credits will be loooong with the backers and not everybody might like a marathon session like in the Lord of the Rings movie credits. wink

But still, I hope Larian will add the backers back into the credits as (almost) nobody will touch the original game anymore with the new edition around.
For the amount many put into supporting their games I think that's not too much to ask for.

Sure, for now they will be busy patching and clearing up more pressing issues but I hope we will get a response that they will eventually fix the credits at some point.

Thank you in advance.

Ideals are like stars. We might never reach them. But we can set our course by them.
veteran
veteran
I'm a little surprised there hasn't been any official word on the reasoning behind leaving the Kickstarter perks out of the Enhanced Edition. Surely they must have anticipated that people would be curious as to the thinking here. I'm sure there's a good reason behind it all, I just find it a little odd they're not sharing it with the community since the Kickstarter campaigns have been such a huge deal to them.

For now I just prefer to believe that they were to focussed on pushing the EE game out and put less burning issues like the credit issue on a back sat to tackle it later which is fine with me.
But I still would like to hear SOME official reply from them about it.

Ideals are like stars. We might never reach them. But we can set our course by them.
F
stranger
stranger
F
I would like to hear some official response, as well. Why did they remove the functionality?

While I missed the little Kickstarter logo on the menu, it really doesn't bother me. They gave us the KS edition of D:OS, which we helped fund, and we got our names in it. D:OS EE is a new animal that didn't have a KS, and was funded through sales of D:OS and by the publisher for the Console version, so I see no need to have the KS stuff in D:OS EE.

F
stranger
stranger
F
This version pretty much deprecates the original release. There is no reason to have the old version installed anymore. Therefore, it makes logical sense to have the KS rewards included in the new. The code was already in place, and it would have cost them nothing to include the KS stuff. As a developer myself, I'm a bit baffled by the decision to willfully remove content.

Last edited by fred718; 30/10/15 09:05 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Great I just found out that absolutely nothing of the KS version is in it.

I could live with the pet-removal for whatever reason, same to credits even message bottles, heck even the thank-you tree in the last area if it HAD to be.
BUT the fact that every elemental summon is now called "Ice Elemental" oder "Fire Elemental" is to dull for me. Having strange names written by those KS-members was a good part of my fun to summon stuff.

Sorry Larian as much as I generally like the enhanced changes this one will stop me from continuing playing and return to the old regular game.

Last edited by MAsterX; 05/11/15 11:37 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by MAsterX
BUT the fact that every elemental summon is now called "Ice Elemental" oder "Fire Elemental" is to dull for me. Having strange names written by those KS-members was a good part of my fun to summon stuff.

Sorry Larian as much as I generally like the enhanced changes this one will stop me from continuing playing and return to the old regular game.

Seriously? The name of elemental summons alone will hamper your enjoyment of EE and cause you go to back to the original version?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes that is right. That was a major part of summoning minions for me. And summoning is one of my major tactics to use. So a huge letdown.

veteran
veteran
I'm going to jump on the bandwagon here and support you guys, even if I didn't KS the original Original Sin wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
Dafuq?

Played 71 hours for this?

Give me back my tree!

Wow, first time as a larian player I'm truly disappointed.

Is there any way to consult the kickstarter messages at least?
I've been telling my friend for 20 hours now how fun those are!
Wow, what a letdown... frown

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm sorry for the double post, but I must insist : Is there a place to see all the backer's messages?
Since they paid for it, it seems only fair that there's a place where one could read them!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi.

I'd still like an answer to that question.

Thanks.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard