Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 57 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 56 57
veteran
veteran
My first Character (the man) can't own Money (he has trading +1, maybe this is the problem?)

If he sell some things the money is in his pocket, but if I end the trade and look: All gold is gone.

The same thing if the second character (the woman) will give the first one some gold.

He can't have gold in his pocket!

Last edited by Alix; 29/10/15 09:36 PM.

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
E
stranger
stranger
E
I just wanted to report a few bugs that me and my friend encountered when playing online co-op.

-Spellcaster enemies will often stop taking their turn, they stand there for about 20-40 seconds and then skip their whole turn. This happens most often to the human spell casters for whatever reason not so much the orc ones.

-When we hit level 6, all my abilities were set to 5 (I was not the host) we went back to the last save and leveled up again and everything was fine.

-I used a fireball on the rooster artist in the market (destroying him, the rooster and all the burnable objects) and guards came to have me "pay for damages" (I was expecting a fight honestly) which turned out to be nothing. I like that it was free but I don't think it was supposed to be that at all.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by 4verse
when clicking on the well near the healers house (the one with the sheeps) i get into the crafting interface - see the pictures:

You can combine items with the well, that's why.

N
stranger
stranger
N
- If anyone in your party can identify, an item in your inventory can be identified
without having to give it to them
- If anyone in your party can repair, an item in your inventory can be repaired without
having to give it to them

This is true in single player games for me but the moment someone joins my games it doesn't work anymore and have to trade items again.

Wondering if I should be posting my bug reports in here rather than the D:OS Technical forum. Do we know where Larian would prefer us to record them?

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm having the same problem with the PS4 version. I've been redoing the fight to try and keep at least 1 of those 3 guys that follow you alive and at first I tried the weapon deactivation code which the sparkmaster rider responded with something about the weapons not working. Come his turn though he'd 1 shot the 3 guys with that lightning attack. I read on some sites that it actually just lowers his resistances which honestly I couldn't tell a difference in the damage I inflicted on him. So I tried the fight using a different code and they just gave me the that combination didn't work, try another crap. Now even the weapon destruction code which "worked" gives me the combination didn't work crap. I saw on a few sites that the remote is bugged and there's a possibility it won't work at all (that remote bug problem I read on different sites and forums had a 2014 posted date so apparently it's been around and never addressed)

A
stranger
stranger
A
[quote=Law742]Every time I try to start a new game on the enhanced edition, it goes to a loading screen but doesnt load anything. I've let it load for an hour, but nothings happening. The game's not frozen, it doesn't crash, it's just not actually loading anything and stuck at the loading screen. I haven't been able to find anything online about anyone having the same problem and I've done everything I can think of to fix it. I've restarted steam, reinstalled DOS:EE, ran it as administrator, ran it in other window compatibility modes, disabled steam overlay, verified steam cache, and several other things. Nothing has helped. I'm playing it on 64 bit windows 10. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm incredibly frustrated and have been trying to play for 2 days with no luck.[/quote]

Same for me and some other people on the Steam forum. We didn't have an answer yet.

Last edited by Askic; 30/10/15 12:44 AM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
It seems the latest update (Version 2.0.99.113) broke UI scaling when using a controller.

When I started playing I set the UI scaling to the lowest value (0.7 I believe) and it was working fine yesterday with a controller (PS4 dualshock). However, after the update, when starting the game today I noticed the UI was extremely big and when I went to the options menu to change it back, the scaling option under the "Game" settings had disappeared!!

I disabled the controller, went back to keyboard+mouse and sure enough, the UI scaling option is there.

F

S
stranger
stranger
S
Pressing space doesn't close an empty container. Having two different buttons you have to use is pretty annoying since you open containers all the time.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Bug in russian version of Enchanced edition. Steam. Honoured mode.
Skillbooks dissapear from Teller of Secrets before i even buy any of two. I speedrun through game and unlocked her place at characters level 3 and in my save with ~5000 gold she have both books. But when i collect gold worth at least one book on the same level 3, She do not have any of them anymore. Fix it please.
P.S. I load old savegame twice(in both cases she was with 2 books on start) and twice i collect different amount of money and twice both books dissapeared from vendor.
P.P.S. I dispose from all money but this is not helping. Maybe it related with something else. Neither money nor XP(not earn even single xpoint since load the saves). And i did not touched her maps.
P.P.P.S. I made a few experiments. After cancelling trade i tried to trade again - books still there. I teleported to Cyseal, take a few coins and go back - books still there. Can't find the moment, when they will dissapear.
P.P.P.P.S. I manage to barter one book from her, but when i collect every item in her library(without exiting location) second book dissapeared from her inventory.
Update: i tried just to wait for a few minutes. Then started conversation and start trade - book is there. Exit trade(still in conversation) enter trade again - book dissapeared!
I repeated it without dialogue. No movements, no save. Critical factor of book dissapearing is time. Why?
Update: books not respawning after levelUp anymore and still dissapearing after some time even if i level 4 instead of 3. I can assume that they were nerfed about respawn, but dissapearing is another deal.
I saw that someone have the same problem in the original 2014 game.

Last edited by Pavlissimus; 30/10/15 03:38 AM.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
People are saying arrows are being shot from a body height of about the knees when they should really be at chest or eye level based on holding bows. Apparently sometimes the arrows (and maybe spell projectiles) aren't able to reach the target because of a small terrain variation which causes an early impact even though it appears to be lower than where the height of the arrow should actually be. (hopefully that is a clear explanation)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gyson
The Enhanced Edition seems to (oddly) have several old bugs that (I thought) were eliminated through patches in the original release.

For example, people on Steam are stating that health bars aren't syncing properly between multiple clients in co-op, possibly because of stat-modifying equipment. Wasn't this fixed back in the day?

Also, people on Steam are complaining about that old bug where melee characters need 1 extra AP to execute a melee attack than is actually required or used (i.e. the game claims Madora's attack takes 5 AP when it's only supposed to use 4, and it will only use 4 when the attack is executed, but it will not allow you to execute it unless you have 5 AP stored up). Wasn't this also fixed a long time ago?

Yes and no. The former was fixed in D:OS, but the latter was an issue I was having with the last release of D:OS, so that was never adequately fixed, for sure.

Kinda sad that there's so many bugs, though. I think a lot of people (me included) was hoping that D:OS:EE would have less bugs, not more, and have more issues fixed than not.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
The Boulder Drop Circle UI seems bugged. Doesn't hit all the people it shows it will hit.

Not thought about it from the game balance front - whether the actual circle should be increased or the UI circle should be decreased.

But one of the two should definitely be done. Quality of life issue.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Luckmann
Originally Posted by Gyson
The Enhanced Edition seems to (oddly) have several old bugs that (I thought) were eliminated through patches in the original release.

For example, people on Steam are stating that health bars aren't syncing properly between multiple clients in co-op, possibly because of stat-modifying equipment. Wasn't this fixed back in the day?

Also, people on Steam are complaining about that old bug where melee characters need 1 extra AP to execute a melee attack than is actually required or used (i.e. the game claims Madora's attack takes 5 AP when it's only supposed to use 4, and it will only use 4 when the attack is executed, but it will not allow you to execute it unless you have 5 AP stored up). Wasn't this also fixed a long time ago?

Yes and no. The former was fixed in D:OS, but the latter was an issue I was having with the last release of D:OS, so that was never adequately fixed, for sure.

Kinda sad that there's so many bugs, though. I think a lot of people (me included) was hoping that D:OS:EE would have less bugs, not more, and have more issues fixed than not.

I have seen lots of major games come out and then go through quick bug-fix versions, including good games. Anyway, these are not mega-budget mindless AAA games made by large studios - they have to decide where to put their gaming dollars - on testing or actual game development.

Looking at the rate with which they are putting out bug-fix versions, I think you will have a much smoother experience a month from now.

(I bought Pillars of Eternity and put it aside after finishing Act I for precisely this reason. Lots of irritating stuff.)

R
stranger
stranger
R
Nurrid Ovrur Never-Empty Beer Mug

Not sure if this is intended, but it no longer has an AP cost AND it still heals for 8HP without mentioning it on the tooltip. This means you can do silly things like walk on lava with Madora, survive with Comeback Kid, then heal up to full without using any AP. You can even send it to the next party member in the action queue to ensure everyone has full HP at the end of the turn at the cost of no AP.

D
stranger
stranger
D
When I create a profile, it doesn't show in the list. It will only show up if I create a second profile but then the second profile won't show up unless I leave Profiles and then go back to it. The visible profile will alternate between the two created profiles everytime I go back. No matter how many profiles I create, one of them will always be missing in the list. It all depends on which one I had just selected.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Posted in technical issues but looks like there's a bugs/fixes post here so I'll ask here as well:
This particular problem applies to my nvidia surround setup, I remember having similar problems on vanilla D:OS...when in fullscreen or even fake fullscreen on anything higher than ~3300x1200 resolution, items are not appearing on the main monitor (center), they only appear on the left screen when holding ALT...when approaching the item after clicking on left screen, item disappears while still holding ALT when character gets close. I've tried all sorts of changes in video from low-res models/no fx - varying degrees with no effect...

I normally play on 6032x1200 so this definitely puts a damper on my setup. When playing on 1920x1200, no issues detected...was hoping someone has this similar issue at least or better if someone knows solution, it's driving me CRAZY!!! lol Love the game though, keep up the awesome work Larian!!

TL;DR Can't see items when holding ALT on main screen in multimonitor setup (6032x1200)

H
stranger
stranger
H
Seconded - this one is driving me a bit nuts! I love the game, so I'm hoping Larian can quick fix this one. :)

H
stranger
stranger
H
On PC: When making the initial portal jump from the telescope room to the End of Time Bairdotr is automatically separated from the party and freezes so she cannot be moved. She doesn't appear on the other side of the portal with the group. Can't teleport out with the pyramid, just keep getting the message "cannot teleport frozen character". Re-attaching her to the party doesn't help. Had to re-load a previous save point.
Anyone else have this problem?

I also had the game go unresponsive mid-fight, mouse & keyboard controls did nothing. Had to use task manager to close the game & then re-load.

S
stranger
stranger
S
All of these were found in the co-op version of PC.

When in the pirate cave, talking to the rhyming man in the trap room caused an immediate explosion either during or just after speech 6/7 times, even without movement off the plate.

Bosses are no longer dropping randomized loot. It was before that if you quick saved before you killed a boss, it's drops were always randomized. Now they are at most randomized one time, sometimes, not at all.

The Buff/ Debuff system fails at times and will not show countdowns for turns during combat.

Health bars in the combat portraits showing the order of attack do not update properly with the damage that is being inflicted.

On the subject of stealing items from people who do not have vision of the person stealing: If a player character (A) is stealing an item while another character you control (B) is distracting an NPC (C) that you are stealing from, and A sends a stolen item to the other player character (D) while B is in conversation with C, C will stop conversation with B and yell at D for stealing as D was in C's sight when the item was transferred. This locks C and D in converesation and you cannot move D, without doing another innapropriate act, such as pickpocketing C and failing.

If you invis and sneak as Wolgraff to steal items, after coming out of invis and not being in sneak mode anymore, around 7% of the time people will aggro onto you and it will butcher your reputation.

Casting the firefly spell in Ahru's room in Cyseal will cause him to instantly assault you, even if you do not damage him or any items.

This is what we have found so far with 17 hours into the game. Only had one crash from changing group set up positions in the top left corner during combat.

Left control does not bring up stats with loremaster skills. You have to right click the enemies.

Audio bug with the orcs outside evelyn's door. If you attack them after winning the charm/intimidate/reason, one of them will repeatedly say "Come on then open the gate", even going so far as to have a bad speech loop where he will have say "c-come on" like the word Cacoa.

Last edited by sp33dzer0; 02/11/15 02:51 AM. Reason: more bugs
Page 5 of 57 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard