J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Original mod by Vrakyas on
http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/10/

Important:
I CLAIM NO OWNERSHIP OR ANY CREDIT WHATSOEVER OF THIS MOD, THIS IS SIMPLY A MEDIOCRE EDIT OF THE ORIGINAL MOD TO MAKE IT WORK WITH THE ENHANCED EDITION. PLEASE DO NOT CREDIT ME ANYWHERE WHEN SHARING/MODIFYING THESE FILES. THANK YOU!

EE ONLY!

[Linked Image]

Description:
The Enhanced Edition of Divinity: Original Sin comes with three different fonts, this mod only replaces the 'Quadraat Offc Pro' font for a sharper, more readable (in my opinion) font, which is the 'Trebuchet MS'.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/aer4klb8zdolbhd/EE_New+Font+-+Trebuchet+MS.rar

Instructions:
EDIT: I was told that steps 1-4 are unnecessary, but was unable to make the mod work without them myself. You can try doing only step 5, if it works for you please let me know.

As of yet I know of no way to overwrite the .pak files, so you'll need to do it yourself for this mod to work (If anybody knows a better way, please do let me know. Thanks). It's very simple, here are the instructions:

1. You'll need a .pak extractor. The only one that currently works with the EE is this one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/dos/gr2/ExportTool.zip
Please do consider searching for a newer version yourself if this post becomes old, as there will probably be one in a few days (hopefully).

2. On the software I linked above, select both the desired .pak you want to extract and an output. Inside the software, select the tab 'PAK / LSV Tools', then on the 'Package path' field, go to the 'Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\' folder. The .pak file you want to extract for this mod is the 'Game.pak' file. I strongly advise you to extract it to a separate and empty folder, so choose that folder on the field 'Extraction / source path' inside the software. I don't think it makes a difference, but for safety sake select 'No compression' on the 'Compression' option. Click Extract Package. Wait for it to finish then close the software.

3. On Windows, navigate to the folder 'Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\' and MOVE the 'Game.pak' file SOMEWHERE ELSE. While you technically could just delete it, it would be a really really stupid thing to do as if you mess up any file you'll need to download that .pak file again, as opposed to just being able to extract it again if you haven't deleted it and just have stored it somewhere else.

4. Go to where you extracted the .pak file with the software. Copy everything into your game 'Data' folder (Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data).

5. Now all you have to do is take the files in this mod and copy them to the same place (Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data) and overwrite anything it asks you to. Done!

Last edited by Jeronimous; 30/10/15 05:42 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Man why do you make your life so difficult? smile

They have no need to extract anything, "modding" in the EE works as before;
As long as the tree stucture is identical to the Vanilla folders, a copy/pasting inside the x\Data\ folder suffices smile

In your case in specific, the data structure is intact. So, once they unzip, they simply need cut the folder and paste it inside \Data
Result would be: x\Data\Public\Game\GUI\fonts
Done smile

Last edited by Aenra; 29/10/15 12:23 PM.

Pride, honour and purity
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Aenra
Man why do you make your life so difficult? smile

They have no need to extract anything, "modding" in the EE works as before;
As long as the tree stucture is identical to the Vanilla folders, a copy/pasting inside the x\Data\ folder suffices smile

In your case in specific, the data structure is intact. So, once they unzip, they simply need cut the folder and paste it inside \Data
Result would be: x\Data\Public\Game\GUI\fonts
Done smile

Hey thanks for the reply!
Regarding what you said... I have actually tried that before posting, to see if it would work but I was unsuccessful and it didn't. Maybe I did something wrong when testing or I'm just dumb? I will conduct some more tests later, thanks for letting me know!

enthusiast
enthusiast
No worries smile

Haven't tried this yet, but i can tell you that once the extractor came out, i "updated" several mods on my own, they all work just fine. So unless it's something GUI-specific, chances are that yes, you did something wrong. Happy pixel hunting.

Pride, honour and purity
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Jeronimous
I don't think it makes a difference, but for safety sake select 'No compression' on the 'Compression' option.

It doesn't smile
The compression option is only used when creating .PAK files as a tradeoff between package size and package build speed. When creating packages, you should leave it on its default "LZ4 HC" setting unless you need a really fast build speed (in which case "LZ4" or "No compression" works just fine).

J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Norbyte
Originally Posted by Jeronimous
I don't think it makes a difference, but for safety sake select 'No compression' on the 'Compression' option.

It doesn't smile
The compression option is only used when creating .PAK files as a tradeoff between package size and package build speed. When creating packages, you should leave it on its default "LZ4 HC" setting unless you need a really fast build speed (in which case "LZ4" or "No compression" works just fine).

Thank you very much for clarifying that!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Just copying the folder into the D:OS directory worked fine for me too. Same with your portraits mod as well. Thanks for the work

Thank you for this. Just copying into the D:OS directory works. It saved my eyes!

H
stranger
stranger
H
Hi folks,
for me it doesn't work.
The only thing that workes Was the following:

- extracting Game.pak
- exchange font file with some font files3 i got from another thread of this forum.
- repaking game.pak

Unfortunately the font was still too small for me.
When i tried it with other font it didnt work.

In DOS2 it is pretty easy. You can just change the value of "UiScaling" in the confic.
DOS has this confic. too but when i change the value it didnt has any affect.

Doea anyone know what the Problem is?

Last edited by Hafenguy; 05/04/23 06:24 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
I got it. Everything Works fine. Even the changes in the.ini files do what they should.
The differnce is the Version. I used the gog Version.
Now i use the steam Version and everything is fine.

Link Copied to Clipboard