Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Im on my 4th new game.. I gave up on Honour mode.. Having played pretty far in the original, i have a pretty good grasp on much of the 1st half of the game.. That being said, i understand there have been many changes..

The problem ive experienced, is that after several hours in Cyseal, ive visited most of the buildings, spoke to majority of the important npc'c, and am advancing all available quests (side missions, and main quests).. I was beginning to notice that at the very least 1 in 25+ chests, barrels, crates, baskets, etc were completely empty.. Nothing in them.. Not even junk, or crafting mats/food.. Ok, no big deal.. Maybe its because im on Tactician, and its still early.. I dont expect weapons, and armor (who would leave that in random containers, right?)..

By lvl 5, i realised that even the hidden chests, and locked chests that require keys, or puzzles/traps are empty.. Most notable i can use as example, is a chest tied to the main quest, in the Inn room, where Councelor Jake was murdered, and the 4 hidden sister chests spread accross multiple realms in Rivellon.. ----SPOILER---

I went through theschpeal, End of Time, Esmerelda's house, etc.. I obtained the key for it, and found it empty.. In D:OS, there were smelly underwear, and a poem from Duke of Ferol, to Esmerelda.. Nothing in them at all.. Not even invisble bug..

The next, is a secret, with 4 hidden chests all over Rivellon.. Speakign to a Treasure chest in The End of Time reveals that it has 4 sisters.. One in each realm.. I located the one in Cyseal, after speaking with the main sister in EoT, and it too was empty.

At this point, i decided to do some internet searching to see if others have had this problem. All i found were some complaints about there not being enough gear/weapon loot (which is deliberate, as stated in the changelog), and a bug which causes loot to be invisible, but possible to loot.. I loaded the game up again, and found in my inventory the note from Cyseal chest, saying i have found 1 of the 4 sisters, and the hint given to a password of sorts within.. The quest items for the Duke/Esmeralda, and the smelly panties still MiA..

Anyone else having issues with imprtant items not available in game?

Edit: updaed in a reply.. The "missing loot" is an invisible loot bug..

Last edited by Rizilliant; 31/10/15 07:58 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Yup also having the same problem. All the in game containers including chests are empty.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ok.. I didnt know it when i 1st started the game, but did find out about it much later.. Theres a bug, that causes items in containers to appear invisible.. If you use the spacebar, or click "loot all" on the containers, it will loot the invisible items, and they do appear in your inventory normally..

This neds to be patched, as many, like myself, missed out on every single piece of loot in containers.. Luckily, i found out about it before leaving Cyseal, but i had to go back to every place i could remember, and loot.. Not to mention, i just lost my entire saturday,, trying to find out what the problem was, and come up with a solution.. This problem has been reported since day 1 (according to some posts ive been able to find), it should be patched immediately!

TLDR: Its invisible loot.. Use the Loot All function, and they appear in inventory.. Definite BUG

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I noticed that some containers start scrolled down, and you have to scroll up to see their contents. So they appear empty when they are not. Look for the little "take all items" symbol, if you see it but don't see any loot, check you aren't scrolled down.

Last edited by blinkicide; 31/10/15 10:35 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard