Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
The interface for mouse/keyboard seems to have taken a backseat to the controller. Specific complaints so far:

1. For some reason when using the wand, it's very finnicky and often I end up walking to where I am clicking instead of firing my wand.

2. Can we please get a keyboard shortcut for the delay turn button?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
True, the wriggling characters drive me nuts as it often causes me to not target them, especially with ranged weapons. I think it's possible to click on the icons instead, but I never remember.

"Space" is the default key for skipping a turn, if that's what you meant.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Vometia
True, the wriggling characters drive me nuts as it often causes me to not target them, especially with ranged weapons. I think it's possible to click on the icons instead, but I never remember.

"Space" is the default key for skipping a turn, if that's what you meant.

Delaying your turn is not the same thing as finishing or skipping your turn.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by dusklight

2. Can we please get a keyboard shortcut for the delay turn button?

Open the Abilities menu, look under Special. You can assign delay turn to one of the hotkeys.

The way I deal with this is by usually assigning Q and E to previous and next hotbars, respectively, so switching between hotbars is very easy to do. Helps to keep my abilities grouped. Not optimal and you probably know this already (especially since AFAIK browsing the abilities menu is the only way to find the delay turn option exists at all) but maybe it'll help others.

Last edited by Vometia; 01/11/15 04:15 PM. Reason: formatting
addict
addict
What annoys me the most with the new controls is the way Loremaster now works on ennemies.
To be fair I didn't even found out how to use it : right click on ennemy -> Examine.
In classic DOS, you just had to hover your mouse over an ennemy to see all relevant informations... Granted, you get more info now with the Examine, but I find it quite annoying to use. It really feels like a controller thing where you'd highlight an ennemy and then get a prompt between attacking or examing it =)

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
S
stranger
stranger
S
I completely agree that the walk/attack targeting is not great, but I remember it being a challenge in the non-enhanced edition as well. Luckily, there's a trick.

Hold down control whenever you attack, which forces your click to be interpreted as an attack rather than trying to intelligently switch between attack and movement. This makes the enemy-attack hit boxes much larger because the engine doesn't have to decide whether you're trying to walk to a spot right next to the enemy.

My suggestion is, if you're playing with keyboard and mouse, just get used to holding down control every single time you attack. It's pretty easy if you just make it a habit.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Dr Koin
What annoys me the most with the new controls is the way Loremaster now works on ennemies.
To be fair I didn't even found out how to use it : right click on ennemy -> Examine.
In classic DOS, you just had to hover your mouse over an ennemy to see all relevant informations... Granted, you get more info now with the Examine, but I find it quite annoying to use. It really feels like a controller thing where you'd highlight an ennemy and then get a prompt between attacking or examing it =)

Completly agree, not as practical

Last edited by FB2G; 02/11/15 11:04 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Dr Koin

In vanilla DoS you still had to hold ctrl while hovering over someone to see all information

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Styno
[quote=Dr Koin]In vanilla DoS you still had to hold ctrl while hovering over someone to see all information

My bad then, but it was still better frown

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard