Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Support
Support

Did you try (re)installing the 32 bit MS VC++ 2012 redistributable?

Try copying the msvcp110.dll file into the LSTools install folder.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Yes... I re/installed the 32 bit MS VC++ 2012 redistributable
and now I have: "it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". even I copy .dll file to a ls tool folder.

okey is working!!!! yeee just my sweet app: "7Zip Opener" created additional folder lstools - and there i could find platforms folder smile

thank you for help and do not use a sweet good-looking greenish app: 7Zip opener smile

Last edited by mg4d; 03/06/15 07:41 PM. Reason: 7Zip opener
enthusiast
enthusiast
/necro

Any kind soul to to update the unpacker for the EE?

Pride, honour and purity
O
stranger
stranger
O
LSTools not working, .Pak files not editable for now. We need to new tool...

E
stranger
stranger
E
waiting for a new lstools too smile

N
addict
addict
N
LSTools should be considered obsolete (it won't be updated anymore); the new WIP tool is here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/dos/gr2/ExportTool.zip

D
stranger
stranger
D
How to pack a .pak files after editing them?
I, after I unpack them and I packed again without any changes, they stop working.
Can I do something wrong?

N
addict
addict
N
The tool I linked previously should be able to do the job
(Note: it currently only works for the EE; for vanilla D:OS you should use LSTools)

M
stranger
stranger
M
So, I opened up the new ExportTools... but I'm not sure what I'm doing. I located my save file and converted it to a global.lsf file... but what do I do from there? How do I edit the save file?

Is there a guide somewhere or can someone spell out some instructions for a newbie? I'm looking to edit the companions to make new builds... but it's proving to be quite difficult for me.

Last edited by mrjane; 06/11/15 06:31 PM.
I
apprentice
apprentice
I
If this thread is to be the repository of all knowledge Editor-related...
Where does D:OS store the contents of its books and other legible items?

Last edited by Ikul; 21/11/15 02:14 AM.
old hand
old hand
Data\Mods\Main\Localization

You will need to extract them via lstools from the main.pak file. Then you can copy/paste them into your mods Localization folder.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Thanks an oodle!

X
Xen Offline
stranger
stranger
X
I'm a Linux man and bought the game on steam; DOS EE runs great on linux and is fantastic smile

I've also read under the FAQs on steam there is currently no editor for DOS EE, but:
"if you own Divinity:Original Sin, you can make and play mods with the original version of Divinity:Original Sin. We are looking into releasing a new version of the editor that will allow you to make mods for Divinity:Original Sin - Enhanced Edition. Mods from Divinity:Original Sin will not be compatible because too many changes were made to the game."

Will this new editor work on linux? If it does I eagerly look forward to the release of the DOS EE editor smile

However, in the meantime I note while DOS classic works ok under wine (i.e. provided its not full screen - I played to level 10 on it to see the differences), my wine steam does not give me the option to access "the divinity engine" under the Library>tools steam section, despite obviously successfully downloading and playing DOS classic via wine on linux. Is the DOS classic editor no longer available?

Also, I'm an avid Desktop RPG fan who enjoys DM/GMing ganmes. If I could run a campaign on divinity that would be awesome and require less scripting effort/knowledge. Again, please make it all linux compatible, and yes I've read the current GM mode thread (http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=570053), but the two are intimately linked smile

Support
Support

The D:OS editor is being updated to work with the EE, but still uses Windows only components.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Norbyte
LSTools should be considered obsolete (it won't be updated anymore); the new WIP tool is here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/dos/gr2/ExportTool.zip

Hi Norbyte, it seems that the link is dead or disabled. When I click it, dropbox says:
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

A
addict
addict
A

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
R
stranger
stranger
R
thank you, the link works well.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard