Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 57 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 56 57
E
stranger
stranger
E
I encountered a bug. After completing Brandon's quest for Tenebrium, one of my main characters didn't get the Tenebrium weapon skill. All others did (including henchmen).

stranger
stranger
Our last recent savegame seems to have been corrupted with the latest patch. When my friend tries to load it he gets an error notification crashing to XMB. He tried to load it a couple of times, rebooted the console, reconstructed datebase - no luck. Older savegames work.

Ps4 version.

M
stranger
stranger
M
There seems to be a issue with the debuff arrow crafting. Its impossible to craft a debuff arrow.
The debuff potion + arrowhead combination doesnt work at all.
If this isnt intentional then all debuff potions are useless unless you want to debuff yourself??

veteran
veteran
I installed the latest patch on gog.

When I opened any container before, the tooltip said it is empty after I looked inside and took everything. Now this is not the case. This makes it difficult to find out witch crate or barrel did I already loot and so I opened the same container many times because I was used to the old system.

I play in german.

PS: Is there a change log somewhere?

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Madscientist
When I opened any container before, the tooltip said it is empty after I looked inside and took everything. Now this is not the case. This makes it difficult to find out witch crate or barrel did I already loot and so I opened the same container many times because I was used to the old system.

Change log for latest patch is here:

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=574251

Not only is the tooltip gone, the icon does not change colour for containers that have already been searched an opened. It seems every time they patch the game, they introduce an old bug. Not sure what the hell is up with that. It's almost as if someone is working off of an old version of the game. Now we have to wait a least a couple more weeks before this one gets fixed...it's not game breaking or anything, but it is very irritating.

Last edited by Stabby96; 05/11/15 10:57 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by manonboard
There seems to be a issue with the debuff arrow crafting. Its impossible to craft a debuff arrow.
The debuff potion + arrowhead combination doesnt work at all.
If this isnt intentional then all debuff potions are useless unless you want to debuff yourself??

Please, this! Debuff potions are useless now

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
Yeah, you can use the modding tool to "dump" the files (or just check the wikia), and its clear the recipe just doesn't exist for debuf potions + arrowheads. Maybe they intentionally removed the recipes? But then somehow forgot to remove debuf potions as well.. lol.

Anyway, I looks like this latest patch actually introduces more problems then it fixes so I think I'll pass on it for now..

EDIT: So, just dumped the Object File, searched it.. and low and behold there is NO debuf arrowheads at all, they just dont exist. The "DeBuf All Arrows" exist in the game apparently, but not the heads. (or if they do exist they aren't in the object file, somewhere else maybe)

I could probably make a mod as a work around, but I'm not entirely sure how to create a "New" item.. the recipe shouldn't be too hard.. I can use "Normal Arrows" as the Part 1 and the Debuf All potion as part 2 to make the arrows, basicly just changing the order of the crafting steps..

Last edited by Xionanx; 06/11/15 12:12 AM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
[quote=Xionanx]Yeah, you can use the modding tool to "dump" the files (or just check the wikia), and its clear the recipe just doesn't exist for debuf potions + arrowheads. Maybe they intentionally removed the recipes? But then somehow forgot to remove debuf potions as well.. lol.

Anyway, I looks like this latest patch actually introduces more problems then it fixes so I think I'll pass on it for now..

EDIT: So, just dumped the Object File, searched it.. and low and behold there is NO debuf arrowheads at all, they just dont exist. The "DeBuf All Arrows" exist in the game apparently, but not the heads. (or if they do exist they aren't in the object file, somewhere else maybe)

I could probably make a mod as a work around, but I'm not entirely sure how to create a "New" item.. the recipe shouldn't be too hard.. I can use "Normal Arrows" as the Part 1 and the Debuf All potion as part 2 to make the arrows, basicly just changing the order of the crafting steps..[/quote]

Hi to everybody (first post)
it IS game breaking, indeed. I've encountered a bug before the last patch where when I'm going to open a chest marked as "unexplored",it was empty, and after I've closed it remain as "unexplored". I feel something was wrong because it was an important quest location.. So I tried a few more chests with same result, all empty. So I saved and reloaded the game and looking again in the chests then I can finally see all the items they contain.
Now with this new BUG I can't say if it's the first bug or the second one. I'm really pissed off.
(ps: someone can tell me if the dead orc body at the entereing of black cove should contain something quest related or similar? For me is empty..)

Last edited by Ensis; 06/11/15 01:51 AM.
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Just loaded the new patch and right away noticed 2 problems that did not exist before the patch:

1. Containers that I have cleaned out no longer have description changed to container_name(empty). Someone else noticed this also. Very annoying when going through large room with logs of boxes, vases, etc...as it makes it harder to tell which ones have already been opened.

2. The mouse now has problems dragging items. When I try to drag an item from main inventory into a bag, or up into the equipment slot for items I want to equip, half the time the item drops before it gets there...it takes 2-3 tries to drag objects... For example, if I have a bag in upper left inventory and click-drag (holding mouse button) from several rows down in inventory, it wont make it all the way to bag...about half way it will drop, as if the game is losing track of the fact that I'm holding down the mouse button while dragging.

The same thing happens with character portaits when I want to drag a player into new position in the chain of 4 (or reconnect them). Is there any config setting that I can make to help fix this? Its not like mouse sensitivity since that can be scaled....a mouse button is either pressed or it is not, so it seems something is bugged in how it remembers if left mouse button is down while dragging something.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Ratblaster

1. Containers [...] no longer have description changed to container_name(empty)

2. The mouse now has problems dragging items. [...] ...it takes 2-3 tries to drag objects[...] The same thing happens with character portaits when I want to drag a player into new position in the chain of 4

I had the same problem with dragging before the patch. At first I thought its just my mouse button or battery died but it works well in other games.

And now after the patch I also have empty container not empty bug and the real "fun" begins.

I have several containers in my inventory to organize stuff, stolen chests, vases and such . Now when the mouse dragging bug happens it drops the item randomly, often into random container in my inventory.
Before the patch at least I could distinguish real empty container from the one which may have the missing - accidentally dropped item inside. Now I have to open every container over and over to see if it has my missing items.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Ratblaster
2. The mouse now has problems dragging items. When I try to drag an item from main inventory into a bag, or up into the equipment slot for items I want to equip, half the time the item drops before it gets there...it takes 2-3 tries to drag objects... For example, if I have a bag in upper left inventory and click-drag (holding mouse button) from several rows down in inventory, it wont make it all the way to bag...about half way it will drop, as if the game is losing track of the fact that I'm holding down the mouse button while dragging.

I didn't experience this. Are you sure it's not just your mouse? Nevetheless, "click and drag" is really passe. Larian should implement "click and drop" instead (like Pillars of Eternity). It's much easier on the mouse hand.

S
S
Leather mask type headgear cannot be enhanced in any way. I assume this is a bug because all other forms of headgear can be enhanced with elemental essences or rubies. I also wonder if Tenebrium base weapons not being enhancable is intentional or not, but at least it's consistent.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
An annoying issue : Coop Item Stealing.

Let me explain. In Coop when someone steals and item and does not drop it into it's own inventory but directly sends it to the other players inventory, the second player get caught. Not the stealer.

Not a main issue, just that it feels totally wierd ...

I usually go cooking in the guard camp on Act 1 and my pal empties all the crap around. When he gets caught red-handed ... i'm the one getting swarmed by guards T_T

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
Hello,

The patch is supposed to correct this:

fixed Victoria's book: Forgotten Language of Faery not always generating correctly

But I still cannot buy the book to Victoria. Does anyone have this issue?

Thanks

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hello,

I found a huge bug in the Playstation 4 version o the game :

To make it short, you can barter nothing for anything (a tomato for 10 skill book).

Here is how it is made :

You open the barter window from a vendor.
In the vendor offer window, you select what you want (ex: 10 skill books).
Now, you wont put anything on your offer window but instead, you just switch on the "give for free" window and there, you select whatever object you want (ex : a tomato).
The merchant will always accept your offer, no matter what.

It is really game breaking as it broke all the economy system. Gold are now useless.
Also, it broke the personal reward mechanic and to an extend the sense of progression of your party since you don't need anymore to save money to buy something interesting. You are no longer forced to make choice since you can have anything you want, equipment-wise.

Last edited by sechelinge; 06/11/15 12:53 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Am having the same issues smile

After latest patch:
- Books supposedly excluded from the vendor restocking cycle are actually not.
- Containers are no longer flagged as 'emptied' even when they have been.
- There is still no visual indicator for items found inside containers. I know this is supposedly fixed, but it's not. Started a new game session, initiated after the patch that was supposed to fix this, still there.

Pride, honour and purity
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
[quote=Ratblaster]Just loaded the new patch and right away noticed 2 problems that did not exist before the patch:

1. Containers that I have cleaned out no longer have description changed to container_name(empty). Someone else noticed this also. Very annoying when going through large room with logs of boxes, vases, etc...as it makes it harder to tell which ones have already been opened.

2. The mouse now has problems dragging items. When I try to drag an item from main inventory into a bag, or up into the equipment slot for items I want to equip, half the time the item drops before it gets there...it takes 2-3 tries to drag objects... For example, if I have a bag in upper left inventory and click-drag (holding mouse button) from several rows down in inventory, it wont make it all the way to bag...about half way it will drop, as if the game is losing track of the fact that I'm holding down the mouse button while dragging.[/quote]

The second issue is not occurring today after a reboot, so it is possible that something else was interfering on my pc yesterday.

X
stranger
stranger
X
In Hiberheim there is a lever that requires a Tiny Golden Key which is buried nearby. I've unearthed the key but the lever doesn't respond. Can't teleport past the barrier as the target is out of sight. The lever cannot be unlocked by a rogue.

Others have seen this glitch as well. Please address this bug soon, as this is game-breaking for us!

Thank you.

(PC Win10)

old hand
old hand
PC Split Screen Issues:

Still get the Fight Order Bar at the top not working quite a bit, at some point it just becomes static and doesn't reflect what is really happening.

When both mains are walking and are not in non-splitscreen mode, the secondary main in the game, when they walk under trees, behind things, their terrain does not go invisible to still see them, like the main players main does. If you go far enough away or force split screen, each main now has terrain go invisible if they are under or behind something.

Do you think it would be best to make movies of the but and provide links?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Apologies, forgot to add one more:

Although also supposedly fixed, there is still an issue when attempting to take/loot multiple items, one after the other. Animation may play, but they are not looted. You still need to 'pause' for a bit in between various pickup actions.

Pride, honour and purity
Page 9 of 57 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard